cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Secret of Hildegards

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 2, 11 11:37 AM
Another fish swimming against the tide. I didn’t go into this game with an open mind as most of the reviews were fairly negative but I actually found the game enjoyable and relaxing, if rather basic. This is something very hard to find anymore when I just can’t deal with one more complicated brain-fry game.

Loved the music. Liked the graphics. As for negative observations, I already knew what to look for so I didn’t find them to be problematic in my game play.

Since there isn’t a walkthrough yet I can’t gauge the length. I got to the “hall with many doors" and still have 13 min. left. Can anyone who has finished help me out on that?

I think I’ll be getting this with one of my free codes. There is enough mind grueling drama everywhere I look right now and I just want some pleasant game play without bloody body parts hanging from meat hooks for a change. At least I hope there aren’t any!?

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 2, 11 11:42 AM
Ditto Ditto.. A straight HOG and lots of puzzles which had no instructions. Some of the scene's were dark so had hard time seeing the HOG's. Music was ok but it was going from one HOG to another so really didn't care for it.. Glad we got that nasty man.. GOD BLESS THE USA

[Post New]by gilamonster on May 2, 11 1:24 PM
This game is for amateurs, not experienced gamers, plus it must have been made in a foreign country! Since when is a watch a clock and visa versa , and when is a shovel not a shovel, also too many hogs and not enough storyline!! leave it for the teen-agers!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on May 2, 11 1:57 PM
I played this game for 40 minutes. It is a straight HOG, after each HOG scene there is a puzzle to solve with no instructions. For those of us who have bought and played hundreds of games, the puzzles were easy to figure out what to do. For beginners, it will be very frustrating. There seems to be only 1 hint per scene, however, 1 hint was all I ever needed.
This might in my opinion be a good game for $2.99 on a cold rainy day. I became bored with the game and deleted it.

Gina40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Gina40 on May 2, 11 2:02 PM
I usually never post on here but I had to say this game was dull. I thought I did something wrong as no one was talking and I only had arrows to follow. I was to boring for me so after 40 mins I quit. Looking forward to tomorrows game. I do enjoy the games we get and we certainly cant hit the jackpot everytime.

[Post New]by hideobjectaddict on May 2, 11 2:09 PM
Wow, it looked like a good game from the picture. Starts out w/the normal missing &/or dead relative but after that, I can't see how this would even be good for HOG newbies, there are absolutely NO instructions, so besides the 1 hint per HOG scene & a reasonably quick skip button, all there is to do is follow the arrows, guess at what is a cup or what is a clock. I did get to a scene w/people talking & a new search was about to start before (thankfully) the demo came to an end. Sorry, but you can't judge a game by it's cover! I normally read my trusted pondmates comments & reviews while down-loading, I jumped the gun. Oh well, you know what happens when curiosity gets the cat.
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 2:18:13 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 2, 11 2:27 PM
Well, did not like the music, almost put me to sleep. Didn't care much for the games either...no instructions on them and you needed it on some. Straigh HOG is okay sometimes, but this one is a bit boring. Beginners would like it, but no much for advanced players. Don't know how much of the game is left, got through outside, both sides of upper level and attic and was on the second side of main level when time ran out. No buy for me either. Maybe tomorrow.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on May 2, 11 2:40 PM
After all the negative comments I wasn't even going to try it but decided to see for myself. I liked the look of the game and like a lot of puzzles but this one is just not for me. Very pointless. No progression of the story. Quickly boring.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on May 2, 11 3:06 PM
No buy for me. I guess I am getting spoiled because straight HOGS don't thrill me like they used to and got bored before demo ended.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on May 2, 11 3:12 PM
What the...Wow..OMG! However you want to put it. This game needs help! It's one Hidden Object then one mini game. Over and Over!! No instructions for minis but they are pretty simple as are the ****'s. There are sometimes two or more of the same object when you are only looking for one. Never heard of Secateurs. It's hedge trimmers! Who knew. But in this game Watches are clocks and a clock is a pocket watch. A shovel is not a shovel a spade is a shovel although there is a shovel right out front and center. I only played 30 min. and 15 of that was just to see what other things could confuse me I can't see buying this even on a daily deal.

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on May 2, 11 3:16 PM
Didn't even bother playing when I read it was strictly HOG. Guess I've played too many of them. Even the ones with fantastic story lines and great graphics fail to grab my attention. Burned myself out.

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on May 2, 11 4:25 PM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:
tehi wrote:Thank you Goofy and Kelvarda for great reviews

And thanks but no thanks to all the other reviewers ?
Gosh I feel like such a heel I love EVERYONES comments and reviews even mundane opinions. I guess I had just finished reading the 2nd page of comments and totally forgot to mention all the other great commenters (?sp) on the first page like you JoJo and Cherb and Shadowfax.......I could go on for ever. I love hearing what you ALL say.

PS: JoJo I do owe you a HUGE debt for mentioning the demise of "you know who". I hadn't been watching the news and you brought it to my attention.

[Post New]by kangaroo555 on May 2, 11 6:28 PM
I will be mundane with my opinions about this game. Figuring out how to put your player name in was the first irritant. The one I use was too long. After getting that started, the slowness of the game was just as aggravating as figuring out how to put your player name in. No explanations on what was expected during some of the minigames was pretty obnoxious. I don't care if there is a walkthrough or not, this game is lousy, and I am not happy that I lost thirty minutes of my life on it. A no buy no how for me. I love HOG's, this one was no fun whatsoever. Oh yeah, before I forget, the Hildegard's can keep their secret as far as I am concerned.

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 6:32:34 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on May 2, 11 6:39 PM
I was tricked & bought before trying never again. THe scenes were to dark again and when the give a list of words and then item isn't what yiou expect (ex: napkin turne out to be toilet paper). No instruction for the mini games. ANOTHER Vampire story is that all they can put out. If so the company should be put out of business for lack of new ideas + the ending was stupid.

I give it 1/2 star

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 2, 11 6:49 PM
Sorry, to boring after 30 min I had enough, just the same thing over and over, no challenge, no interaction.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on May 2, 11 7:02 PM
gilamonster wrote:This game is for amateurs, not experienced gamers, plus it must have been made in a foreign country! Since when is a watch a clock and visa versa , and when is a shovel not a shovel, also too many hogs and not enough storyline!! leave it for the teen-agers!

Some of us are beginners. A lot are not. BFG supplies games for EVERYONE. When you talk about a game made in a foreign country, most are. Most of your computer components are. Don't bring [removed by moderator] into this forum.

SORRY EVERYONE. I very rarely make comments or review but this one got my goat. Maybe the moderators can handle it from here on out.

GREAT JOB SEAL TEAM SIX. I will sleep a little better tonight.

I am buying this game unseen and matching the funds to my local V.A.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 1:49:26 PM PST

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 2, 11 7:33 PM
]WOW what an amazing game,original story and great dialogue plus incredilbly exiting gameplay and all with such detailed super graphics NOT!!!!! ..
Ofcourse I'm just joking..
WHAT a @#$% waste of time. the developers should be ashamed of themselves and sent back to IT school and to BF your dropping your standard lately..
Come on we want consistent, not occasional quality if you are going to take our hardearned each month
Whoever chose this game to join the BF collection should be made to play it over and over again..
I wouldn't even rate it a thumb nail

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 7:36:33 PM PST

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on May 2, 11 7:49 PM
Since just about everything this game has been commented on, I won't extrapolate on except to say. I could rather wash the kitchen floor. That's it.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 2, 11 8:28 PM
I so much wanted to like this game. The storyline was interesting and I loved the graphics. The music was beautiful and relaxing. I thought the hidden object scenes were beautiful. A nice mixture of easy and not-so-easy objects. Unfortunately, that is where the love stopped.

I got to the hallway in the house in the first 30 minutes of the game and it was at that point that I couldn't take anymore. I thought I was beta testing a game and not demoing the final product. The minigames had absolutely no instructions. There was no continuation of the storyline to find out why I was doing what I was doing. This was so irritating that it will keep me from purchasing. If the developers had continued the story and included instructions on the minigames, I would have bought it.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 2, 11 8:52 PM
JanG7 wrote:
gilamonster wrote:This game is for amateurs, not experienced gamers, plus it must have been made in a foreign country! Since when is a watch a clock and visa versa , and when is a shovel not a shovel, also too many hogs and not enough storyline!! leave it for the teen-agers!

Some of us are beginners. A lot are not. BFG supplies games for EVERYONE. When you talk about a game made in a foreign country, most are. Most of your computer components are. Don't bring [removed by moderator] into this forum.

SORRY EVERYONE. I very rarely make comments or review but this one got my goat. Maybe the moderators can handle it from here on out.

GREAT JOB SEAL TEAM SIX. I will sleep a little better tonight.

I am buying this game unseen and matching the funds to my local V.A.

Got to me also JanG7. I am an experienced gamer, going on 30 yrs. now. I just wanted to play a lazy game today and don't care to be classified by someone who is obviously [removed by moderator]. There are many lower rated games I buy just to kick back and play a bit, as I have plenty of free codes. Hope you enjoy the game Jan., I've been playing off and on for hours while I do some home repairs. Not the most fantastic game I ever played but I've played many that are much, much worse. It suits the perpose I got it for and it was free.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 1:52:13 PM PST

Go to: