Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

[Post New]by purple7120 on May 3, 11 7:40 AM
I get confused, don't know what all the meanings are for hdo and all the others a little help please.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on May 3, 11 7:47 AM
purple7120 wrote:I get confused, don't know what all the meanings are for hdo and all the others a little help please.

HDO isn't one of our acronym's. They are the game developer of this game and some of theeeee worst games on the website.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 3, 11 7:49 AM
@ purple7120

I have just explained HdO in the post above yours

Kel

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 3, 11 8:07 AM
purple7120 wrote:I get confused, don't know what all the meanings are for hdo and all the others a little help please.

For Colorsplash and Purple7120, and all the others we are confusing with our acronyms, there used to be a thread in Chit Chat Corner that explained them all, but I can't find it. Here is a short primer:

HdO, as Mary102696 wrote, is not one of "our" acronyms but a division of a company that makes the games we play (thank you for the clarafication, texttrekkie.) H2O, as another fishy writes the name of the division, is water. The "d" in the logo is lowercase, which is why most of us type it that way.

HOG is Hidden Object Game, and H0 is Hidden Object. If you put a zero instead of the "O" (notice it is skinnier when I write H0) the automatic censor won't think you are writing about a lady of the evening, and won't replace the abbreviation with asterisks.

iHOG is an Interactive Hidden Object Game, which is a HOG with Adventure game qualities.

FROG is a HOG with pieces of objects to find. It stands for FRagmented hidden Object Game, or something like that. That means that you might have to find all the rungs and the sides of a ladder, for example, or pieces of a shattered vase, to complete a whole object. Most often these types of FROGs are list-style. There is another type of FROG that has you click on a sparly area and a "bubble" comes out with a lot of little bubbles around it, and in the little bubbles are pictures of items you need to find to complete the big bubble. (FROGs sure are hard to explain!)

I hope that helps! We aren't trying to confuse anyone, we just don't like to keep typing it out all the time. Just like nobody wants to keep typing out National Aeronautics and Space Administration when NASA is easier.

seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by seeme278 on May 3, 11 8:22 AM
Have any of you regular fishies ever purchased an HdO game? I can't even get thru 5 mins of the demos. There must be some reason BFG keeps including them. Someone must be buying them.

Aside from the ridiculously short timers if you try the more advanced method, even if you click on the right object it doesn't register.

This is a no brainer no buy.

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on May 3, 11 8:28 AM
I had to get out the screen cleaner again because of all the nose prints! The H0's are so tiny and blurry I had to use the hint button 4 times to get through the first scene. The first puzzle had 4 pieces, it made me think this was a kids game but the items are too small for even the sharp eyes of a kid!! Deleted after 20 min.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 3, 11 8:42 AM
seeme278 wrote:Have any of you regular fishies ever purchased an HdO game? I can't even get thru 5 mins of the demos. There must be some reason BFG keeps including them. Someone must be buying them.

Aside from the ridiculously short timers if you try the more advanced method, even if you click on the right object it doesn't register.

This is a no brainer no buy.

I have purchased a couple of them. As I said in my earlier post, taken singly each game is not really bad in itself - the problem is that each one is exactly like the others, the ONLY differences being the title and graphics. The ones I did purchase I bought during a $4.99 sale.

[Post New]by tuliplady11 on May 3, 11 8:51 AM
At first I thought that all the negative reviews were appropriate, but having played the full demo I was pleasantly surprised! No tiny objects, fun puzzles and beautiful surroundings. Is it a buy for me? Probably not but that is because I am more into adventure games. I encourage every one to give this demo a full try and be surprised
I think this is a great game for those who like the Hidden object games, and I played without the timer and had fun!
The dev's kept true to the story and frankly I have seen a lot worse on this site.
So before you are discouraged because of all the negative views please give the demo a full try and then decide for yourself.

And to all those that find a game is not for them for whatever reason, please encourage people to try the demo, your opinion might not be shared by every one.
As for the Dev's; I believe in second chances and you are trying for sure !!

Happy gaming

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 8:52:35 AM PST

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 3, 11 9:48 AM
Alas, I had high hopes for Alice but they were dashed by HdO.

At first blush the graphics looked interesting for an 'Alice' game but then HdO's standard game interface and play nixed it for me.

A lot of forum members voice dislike for HdO but market forces being what they are, if people didn't purchase HdO games in sufficient quantities I feel sure HdO would make an effort to change their developer's game specifications or would go out of business. Not everybody can be an MCF etc. I just figure HdO is making enough money off the status-quo and improving their games based on feedback from these forums would obviously raise development costs.

If there are no consequences for not improving the HdO game interface and play, why change?

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on May 3, 11 10:25 AM
this game is for young children with perfect eyesight.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 3, 11 10:47 AM
One Word... AWFUL

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on May 3, 11 10:53 AM
earlier i had posted that i had already bought the game, but frogmort has corrected me and i haven't played it before. Thanks frogmort.

je11ybean
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by je11ybean on May 3, 11 11:01 AM
AWFUL GAME!!! Deleted.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 3, 11 11:04 AM
yvonnehoho wrote:another HdO game.....
I tried for 7 minutes and then deleted it...
not my cup of tea...

Yeah, that's about how long I lasted. I started out in the timed version but there's so little time to actually find the itty bitty fuzzy objects that I switched to regular mode. It wasn't much better. This is obviously meant for kids.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 3, 11 11:07 AM
tuliplady11 wrote: No tiny objects, fun puzzles and beautiful surroundings.

Were we playing the same game? (LOL!!)

Delta77
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Delta77 on May 3, 11 11:13 AM
sinshack wrote: If you put a zero instead of the "O" (notice it is skinnier when I write H0) the automatic censor won't think you are writing about a lady of the evening, and won't replace the abbreviation with asterisks.

Thanks, Sinshack. I have wondered why the censor was active when describing the type of game.... I kept thinking H0G is not a bad word. LOL

[Post New]by tuliplady11 on May 3, 11 11:19 AM
cottoncandy2 wrote:
tuliplady11 wrote: No tiny objects, fun puzzles and beautiful surroundings.

Were we playing the same game? (LOL!!)

Lol Yes we were, granted that the first scene has rather small objects but after that it gets a lot easier
Should have put that in my post :whistle

Happy Gaming

marsute
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Another HOG that I loke

[Post New]by marsute on May 3, 11 12:13 PM
Unlike most here, I like the hidden object games. This is another one on my list to purchase. I am playing the demo and I like it....it is not too hard nor is it too easy. Just right for a few minutes here and there.

Thank you BFG for offering HOGs

devolyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by devolyn on May 3, 11 12:52 PM
Another disappointing Hdo. Too bad! I was really looking forward to a great game! This particular developer is not for me. the moving front screen is annoying and the puzzles are lame! I will not be purchasing this one either.

dizzypd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dizzypd on May 3, 11 1:00 PM
What a waste of time downloading this game i should have read all you reviews first that will teach me lol ....you could not pay me to play this game come on Big Fish were have all the good games gone...

Go to: