gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Detective Agency 2: Banker's wife

[Post New]by gameslvr on May 4, 11 8:16 PM
Glad i read all the comments before trying. I wouldn't want to play a game that changed my monitor settings. No thanks.

In my opinion (I know there are those who would disagree) there hasn't been a good game in at least a month. Not any that I would want to buy. Its all creepy gory ghosty things. Is that all the writers can come up with?

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 4, 11 9:57 PM
Is this a joke??? Surely they can't possibly think that THIS is a mini-game:

Spoiler (although it's like 5 minutes in so not much of one but still... highlight to read just in case)

You're told to find your briefcase which is sitting on the sofa in plain sight. Next you're told to check the safe for your PDA... not even a "find your PDA" they have to tell you exactly where it is. So then you click on the safe (which they kindly highlight in case you missed the HUGE safe in the middle of the room) and a mini game comes up that says "guess the three colors for the combination" ummm GUESS?! and all you have to do is click the bar as (although you have the option to switch the colors) you don't need to since it was left on the correct combination!!

So if the rest of the game is like that I don't foresee much fun to be had.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 4, 11 10:00 PM
gameslvr wrote:Glad i read all the comments before trying. I wouldn't want to play a game that changed my monitor settings. No thanks.

Most of the good games (although not sure I want to talk about this particular game and "good" in the same sentence )automatically adjust your monitor to play the game. But they switch back when you exit out. Most people prefer the game to do that automatically and not force us to exit out, adjust our settings, go back in, and then the reverse when we're done playing. Nothing is permanently changed and with this game it reverts back to your settings when you exit out.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 4, 11 10:08 PM
FWIW, I had to play the game several times whle I was writing the walkthrough, and it never changed my monitor settings. I think that only happened to a few people.

Also, this isn't a creepy, gory game--it's a detective mystery. You do investigate the scene of a car accident, but there's no blood or gore.

Robin

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 10:12:54 PM PST

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on May 4, 11 11:09 PM
I couldn't play the game at all until I changed my monitor resolution from 1600 x 900 to 1024 x 768. (I have mentioned on previous posts that I HATE games that make me do that.) I wasted 6 minutes of the game trying to play it on my usual resolution and getting a couple of message boxes that asked me if I wanted to play in Windowed Mode but wouldn't let me choose either Yes or No. I had to use the Task Manager to quit the game completely, then change my monitor resolution (HATE that!!!!) and then restart the game. Now I wish I had not gone to any of the trouble. I still have about 45 minutes left in the game, but I am too exasperated tonight to mess with it.

My philosophy is "Life is too short to waste it playing a game that your first thought is that it is not very good."

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 4, 11 11:55 PM
Hi fishes,

Well I finished the demo on this after all, just to give the game a fair shot.

What I said originally still stands. The screen it a lot smaller than my lap top screen & the constant pop ups just make me GGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

How ever, although the objects are tiny, they are logical & seeable (just) and I like most of the mini games I encountered.

So to be fair, what with the story which I am told is good, the puzzles and the length will probably buy this game if it comes out as a DD.

For those who quit after 15 mins like I did yesterday, do try it to the end of the demo, you may be pleasently surprised.

Jojo

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 5, 11 8:09 AM
gamergirl675,

It looks to me like they decided not to put a full mini-game in that chapter because they're still walking you through the tutorial.

The other mini-games are typical for this type of game, and some are quite long.

Robin

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 5, 11 8:42 AM
I don't know, maybe I was overtired when I demoed this yesterday, but I just couldn't get into it. The storyline just wasn't interesting to me and the gameplay seemed stilted. The graphics are okay, not spectcular, and the game just didn't seem to flow well. After trying it, I just thought, "no, just...no". I couldn't really place my finger on what the problem was, but I just don't think the game is for me. I have 30 minutes still left on my hour demo so I might go back to finish it, but as it stands, I would only look at this as a DD.

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on May 5, 11 10:26 AM
Done alot of wild clicking. Items were so small, I couldn't see them with my glasses on. NO BUY for me.

cmcating
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cmcating on May 5, 11 2:24 PM
This is the second or third game I've deleted because the language is so bad. I don't mind gramatical errors in the diaglog so much, but when the word for the item (teeny tiny item) I'm trying to find is totally wrong, I quit. Luckily I wasn't thrilled anyway.

[Post New]by judimh on May 5, 11 7:44 PM
OMG...really sorry I purchased this game with a punch card credit. Played all the way through, but was frustrated and a little digusted most of the time. I do not recommend this game at all.

[Post New]by tar_dot on May 6, 11 6:48 AM
Just have finished it and I must say not bad HOG really. Those popups didn't annoy me at all. The only annoying moment is checking the adress on the banker's house with the adress written in the note. But graphics is perfect, colorful and clear scenes, all objects were easy to find for me. I used a hint once or twice. I really enjoyed mini games, they were not so easy as I'd expected. And this game has an interesting storyline with unexpected end. Surely buy for me.

rosebud477
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosebud477 on May 6, 11 12:16 PM
Did not like this game at all bad story line objects way to small to find. I am waiting for a good game so I can use my points (3) but so far no luck. Please no more collector's editions for a while give us regular games. Wishing all mothers a very happy mothers day!

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on May 6, 11 2:55 PM
Just read the first page of reviews and find I'm in the majority again. Very boring game for me. I bought the first game but don't care for this one at all. I still have 22 minutes left in the trial but will be deleting to make room for another game.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 7, 11 4:54 AM
or about 30 minutes and I decided this is a wow for me, I really love this game. The game keeps you busy finding things, There is nothing boreing about this game, Graphics are really pretty and I love the sounds, Try not to give up, I am sure there is nothing boring about playing this game this is a buy for me..
Happy Gaming fishes..
Happy Mother's day for all our special Mom's..

[Post New]by veronique875 on May 7, 11 10:03 AM
I actually liked this game, I thought it was a fun story.

Not so hard, but just.. fun.. and

not so dark and creepy, but light-hearted. THAT I liked.

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on May 7, 11 12:27 PM
7 minutes then quit. Would have been after 2 minutes but due to the PAINFULLY slow game play and stupid, irritating pop-ups it took forever just to get to the first address. When that turned out to be just as irritating I gave up and deleted.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on May 7, 11 2:03 PM
Slow as a turtle. Poor grammar, misspelled words, minute misnamed objects and quirky games!!! Only thing I liked was the graphics. But this is definitely one of the worst HOGS i've ever played and I own hundreds.

pzzllvr
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pzzllvr on May 8, 11 12:29 PM
Found address to left of door, but big time error that threw me out of the net and the game when I was in the house. Will not buy this one..

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on May 10, 11 7:39 AM
I finally tried this game this morning and found it very irritating. I really don't like the constant dialogue popping up. When I got to the puzzle where you have to place the keys on the dresser I got an access violation and it froze up my computer. I had to hit ctrl alt delete to start my task manager and get out of it. From there I went directly to my control panel and uninstalled the game. No thanks on this one.

Go to: