youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by youreyes13 on May 6, 11 6:53 PM
Smallhaven wrote:
Gallivant77 wrote:Two bugs in mini-games, otherwise fantastic game!!

1) When cornering the pet mouse in the palace/museum, clicking on the tiles does not change their color. They work properly to act as blocks, but you cannot see which ones you have already clicked. Got through the game by guessing a lot.

2) In Bonus game, in the airship after inserting key card, the buttons don't change to display the symbols. Had to skip this mini-game.

While I managed to get past the pet mouse puzzle with the unchanging tiles, I cannot get past the last puzzle as I have played the game in Hard mode. No skip option available.

Is this a glitch? The game played beautifully on my PC and these two "bugs" were all I encountered. The last one at the very end is a real bummer. I so wanted to finish this game but can't.

Count me as another one who had the problem in the Bonus Game with the tiles not turning black to catch the mouse. I also played on Hard Mode and had absolutely no issues during the regular game play at all. I'm really bummed, as you're not able to access the other content until it's completed. I liked the game a lot, but have no desire to start playing the whole game over again from the very beginning just to finish what I have already started. I hope they find a fix soon that doesn't involve replaying it again. Fantastic game, but I'm very bummed!!!

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by abengalcatlover on May 6, 11 7:05 PM
Jorie10 I have 3 posts on here and one is above yours. I finally after hours figured out it was as simple for me to change the cursor from what it is set on. The custom cursor. Try that and see if it helps. Belive me I spent hours on the radon site with adjusting graphics and lost alot of free play doing it. And that one simple thing worked.

apples16951
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by apples16951 on May 6, 11 8:24 PM
Gallivant77 wrote:Two bugs in mini-games, otherwise fantastic game!!

1) When cornering the pet mouse in the palace/museum, clicking on the tiles does not change their color. They work properly to act as blocks, but you cannot see which ones you have already clicked. Got through the game by guessing a lot.

2) In Bonus game, in the airship after inserting key card, the buttons don't change to display the symbols. Had to skip this mini-game.

I am running this on my eight-month-old computer with Windows 7, top-end graphics card, dual processor and 8GB RAM. It runs beautifully except for these two mini-games, and at least one other person has encountered the same issues in those two areas.

(posted this also on Developer thread)

apples16951
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by apples16951 on May 6, 11 8:30 PM
I am having the exact problems as Gallivant77.

Tiles don't change color on mouse game (note to Gallivant77: I realized that I could figure out which tiles were black by placing the cursor on the tile. If the tile had already been changed, the cursor would NOT become a pointing finger.) Tiles don't change at all in the airship game.

I would say this is a glitch in the program. I was able to work around the mouse game, but GRRRRR! Probably the final minigame, and it won't work! I can't see the ending!

Still, even with those issues, this is a fantastic game. I think they've raised the bar with this one!

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on May 6, 11 9:14 PM
[b]While not stated the game performed well on Win 7 64-bit OS.

SSSTANG
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SSSTANG on May 7, 11 12:25 AM
I have gotten to (what I believe is) the end of regular play, (where I have to shoot the 2nd brother with a dart) and my game freezes up. Any ideas to help me out???

gschupft
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by gschupft on May 7, 11 12:56 AM
Hi,

I'm already playing the bonus content and there is a glitch:
I was searching for the hidden objects to get the shield that should protect me against the machine gun. And then the game crashed. When I returned I am again in the hidden object searching part, but there isn't anything left to find, but I cannot get out of that scene. I tried by closing the whole game and restart it. But as soon as I try to enter the extra game part I find myself in this scene again with nothing to find and no way out.

Very annoying, because you pay extra to play this extra game part, and then it doesn't even work?? That's when I want my extra money back!

What can I do?

Thanks.

gschupft

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on May 7, 11 4:34 AM
abengalcatlover wrote:Jorie10 I have 3 posts on here and one is above yours. I finally after hours figured out it was as simple for me to change the cursor from what it is set on. The custom cursor. Try that and see if it helps. Belive me I spent hours on the radon site with adjusting graphics and lost alot of free play doing it. And that one simple thing worked.

Hi, Abengalcatlover!
I, too, disabled the custom cursor, but really did not enjoy playing the game with the system cursor. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a try. Thanks for writing! I'll try the game play again with just the system cursor. Best - Jorie

UPDATE but still not a good solution:
Deselected Full Screen and the flickering didn't happen. Unfortunately, I could not resize the 12"x12" display 'windowed' mode I ended up with. If the window could be resized, Abengalcatlover and I would have a great workaround.

Well, silly me
Just checked System Requirements for the game and Windows 7 isn't even supported. Time to set up my old XP machine. (Mystery Trackers the Void worked great on that old system. I just checked Void on Win7 and see the same issues I see with Raincliff.)

Edited on 05/08/2011 at 7:43:22 AM PST

Moesha88
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Moesha88 on May 7, 11 5:52 AM
Game froze after I got through the dragon gate and tried to pick up the pistol.

FawnMart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FawnMart on May 7, 11 9:21 AM
apples16951 wrote:I am having the exact problems as Gallivant77.

Tiles don't change color on mouse game (note to Gallivant77: I realized that I could figure out which tiles were black by placing the cursor on the tile. If the tile had already been changed, the cursor would NOT become a pointing finger.) Tiles don't change at all in the airship game.

I would say this is a glitch in the program. I was able to work around the mouse game, but GRRRRR! Probably the final minigame, and it won't work! I can't see the ending!

Still, even with those issues, this is a fantastic game. I think they've raised the bar with this one!

Same for me.. everything ran perfectly except for the mouse and airship mini games - same as the posters above.

[Post New]by hineycream on May 7, 11 9:49 AM
My game completely froze right after I played the Imp and Angel game....I could not exit out of the mini-game!!! Very frustrating!!! I tried removing the custom cursor and that did nothing to help. Seems like a great game, but some patches better be coming soon!!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 7, 11 10:01 AM
Had a lovely confusing time with this game,,can't say enough good things about it..was fiishing the game with the last shot in the game, suddenly the gane was jerky and semi-frozen.
When I went to play the extra content..there was no way it would run. Odd after the whole game running so well
kris

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 7, 11 10:01 AM
Having same problem as Gallivant77, no symbols appear on the airship minigame after inserting the key and you can't take the key out and reinsert it. any suggestions.? Because I played in hard mode I wasn't able to change game mode, otheres have said the have had no problem with this game in easy mode.

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on May 7, 11 11:13 AM
As I reported earlier my game froze at bonus hog where you get the shield. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, took hours but made no difference. In despair I tried starting again under another name and everything worked fine!

DebMcG7
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by DebMcG7 on May 7, 11 11:13 AM
baglady159 wrote:
kjos wrote:Played the demo with no trouble and bought the game and started playing and opened A **** and got all of the things and it froze. I couldn't back out. Clicked on the hint and no help. I sent the trouble to BF. My PC is all up to date.
Richard

This is exactly what happened to me too. Played the trial, bought it, was dl'ing when I had to leave for work. Came home, tried to play and was in first H0 game after the footsteps in the snow, had all I needed and it froze. Hint showed frog leaving but no hint showed up. Couldn't back out either. I had to uninstall and am not in process of reinstalling. Course that means I have to start the whole game over. This is one game I didn't want to have any problems on...dang. Hope it works this time.

Editing to say that uninstalling and reinstalling worked. Got back to that H0 game and got back out after it was finished.

Sorry, messed up last post. Just wanted to chime in to say that I had this problem too. So frustrating. I hate having to uninstall, reinstall a game. I haven't done it yet, but at least it is good to hear that this has worked for someone else.

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 11:16:49 AM PST

[Post New]by questforspirit on May 7, 11 12:23 PM
I was saving the last guy in the room under the kitchen, and my flower spray has disappeared from my inventory. Have the gun and the hypnotic potion only, There are no arrows either. Can not proceed any further.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on May 7, 11 12:28 PM
questforspirit wrote:I was saving the last guy in the room under the kitchen, and my flower spray has disappeared from my inventory. Have the gun and the hypnotic potion only, There are no arrows either. Can not proceed any further.
If the problem is not that you have too many items in inventory, and it sounds like you don't, since you said that you didn't have any arrows, then you should contact customer service via the green envelope on the right side of the page, where it says "We're Here to Help!". The mods have requested that we let them know of problems like this, so they can better identify all the problem spots and rectify them. Sorry you are having this problem!

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on May 7, 11 2:09 PM
Pointclick wrote:Flower Antidote is not in inventory for last person.
Same problem.What have i done wrong?/Please don't tell me i have to start laa over

[Post New]by coloryourlife on May 7, 11 2:16 PM
I am frozen after putting the lightbulb in the store window. Hints just jump off the pad, won't let me back into the game? Ideas anyone?

Gothic1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gothic1 on May 7, 11 3:04 PM
I played the Demo for 5 minutes and bought it. Played for awhile after that and shut down my system. Next morning clicked on the icon for this game from my desktop and received this message "ERROR: ACCESS VIOLATION AT 0x004D0DAF (tried to read from 0x0000002C), program terminated." Now, obviously, the program will not work. HELP.

UPDATE: Uninstalled/Reinstalled the game and it works fine again. Brought me to my last save also, which precluded having to start from scratch.

Edited on 05/08/2011 at 12:47:06 PM PST

Go to: