pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pvsquare on May 5, 11 11:11 AM
This one is a buy for me. Maybe it is just me but some of scene actions make me jump. It does keep this old heart pumping. The graphics are very good. The sound and music are not boring. The puzzles are quite good, not too hard to make you give up. I hate to pass on any puzzle. I loved The Void and this one is even better. Best wishes to all you fishes.

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 11:15:03 AM PST

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by staciepie27 on May 5, 11 11:38 AM
Hi everyone

5 words... YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME!

It is seriously one of the best HOG's I have ever played, and I've played many many of them. Absolutely no question worth the CE price, just for the game alone. I have not gotten to the bonus chapter yet, but the game seems to be long, and very involved, multiple things to do in each scene, revisting scenes for quest items, etc which is great, even though you are running around, you do not get bored.

I am playing on hard mode( with no hints/skips/ no help at all) and it is a challenge, which is one of the things I really like about this game( 3 levels of play) but not so much so that I don't know what to do or where to go. This game is exciting, fun, and difficult. The HOG scenes are not too hard, not too easy, the puzzles are fun and different, I love looking for the frogs, the scenery is interesting and very well done, the achievements are fun to earn, and the music and sounds fit the game and are spooky too.

The cut scenes are wonderful, and I have jumped a few times when something has happened that I did not expect.( all in fun though)

I was worried when I saw it was from the same people who did the "Void" game, because I didn't care for that one at all, but this one is a hundred times better in my opinion. Exploring a spooky town, blah, blah, it's almost like "Dire Grove" in that respect, but I loved that game too, so it's all good to me. I can't say enough good things about this game, everyone should have it. A+

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 5, 11 11:53 AM
I finally finished! It took me about 6-1/2 hours for the regular game, and 1-1/2 hours for the Bonus chapter in Casual Mode. I did skip about 3-4 mini-games toward the end and I used the hint button a lot in the Bonus chapter because I was getting tired. Well worth the CE price to me, but I know some will have to wait for the SE due to budget constraints.

Final Thoughts: The regular game ended in a gratifying way, and the bonus chapter was a great continuation of the story, not just a jumbled add-on to fill the time.

The only thing that really bothered me was that after you found the 50 frogs, it stopped counting them for you!! I think I found about 57, and the SG says there are 60. You know what that means - now I have to play it again in Advanced Mode and make sure I find them all. What a shame

mcscooby
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by mcscooby on May 5, 11 11:56 AM
Awesome game!! Didn't even finish the demo - knew I liked it and bought!

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on May 5, 11 12:29 PM
Did anyone else get startled in a few places? I have only played the demo, didn't even finish that and hurried to buy it...LOL The startle moments is what helped sell me on buying this game, if I get startled...I KNOW its going to be good...hahaha! So I guess this game makes all us hidden objects lovers VERY happy! I just hate I have to start fixing supper in a little while and that means I will have to quit playing on the computer and attempt to at least look busy when my sweet husband walks through the door from work...hahahahahaha. I might sling some flour around so he won't know I have been here most of the day. LOL

Deb

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on May 5, 11 12:39 PM
Yeah there were a couple of times I got startled. I liked the fact that you didn't really have to use the SG as the movie camera replayed areas if you needed that.
I'm assuming the frogs & there was something else that I collected (don't remember what it was) that are going to come in handy...maybe like the Zem pieces in Empress of the Deep 2.
I will be purchasing this game soon & yes we get a freebie!! Yahoo, great month
Just LOVE BFG

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 5, 11 12:51 PM
Thanks Sinshack, I wondered about how long the game was. Finished the demo with one minute to spare. Nice game, good music, interesting story, **** not difficult to find, games challenging but not hard. A bit more foot work than I like, but it is a definite buy fo rme. Thanks for all the helpful reviews.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 5, 11 12:52 PM
Thanks Sinshack, I wondered about how long the game was. Finished the demo with one minute to spare. Nice game, good music, interesting story, **** not difficult to find, games challenging but not hard. A bit more foot work than I like, but it is a definite buy fo rme. Thanks for all the helpful reviews.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 5, 11 12:52 PM
WOW! Played a few moments of the demo and HAD to buy this one! Not only are the graphics awesome, and the music great, but a few minutes in and already jumped from the scene at the cafe (diner?). I bought the SE version of Void and loved that one. Got a feeling I will be playing this one more then once. And the modes! Casual, Hard, Advanced! And of course Achievements to try for. To top it off, with the May promotion, I'll be getting a free game...so this is like getting 2 games!

Alas, got things to do in the apartment, so can't sit here all day and play as much as I'd like to. That's okay....gives me something to look forward to. I am really happy today...a great CE, an awesome DD and it's my anniversary too. Gonna eat cake! (Chocolate! )

Have a great day fishies and happy gaming!

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on May 5, 11 12:56 PM
Doesn't this game remind you of Dire Grove??

In my opinion is very similar to it.... But I do love this game, everything is awesome about it and it doesn't disappoint me.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 5, 11 1:13 PM
nat_pink25 wrote:Doesn't this game remind you of Dire Grove??

In my opinion is very similar to it.... But I do love this game, everything is awesome about it and it doesn't disappoint me.

Yep! My first thoughts exactly when I checked out the video! I don't care tho...it's awesome so far!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 5, 11 1:18 PM
Thanks Sinshack, I wondered about how long the game was. Finished the demo with one minute to spare. Nice game, good music, interesting story, hidden objects not difficult to find, games challenging but not hard. A bit more foot work than I like, but it is a definite buy fo rme. Thanks for all the helpful reviews.

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 1:19:29 PM PST

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on May 5, 11 1:33 PM
I can see where this game will appeal to many. However for myself, it's just a little too spooky and a little too complicated. I wish those of you who buy it many hours of fun. In the mean time I'll wait for something more my style.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 5, 11 1:35 PM
¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo! Could not wait to arrive from school to begin to play this game. First, I love the opportunity to choose from "3" levels. I love to play games which are difficult so I chose the last option. The graphics are very clear and there are small videos included. Normally I do not care for Elephant Games, but this one is terrific. It is also a very large game (Almost one G , which means it will not end after two or three hours.

The games is more an adventure game than a strictly hidden object game. I prefer the adventure and puzzle aspect of the games rather than looking for items. The items were fairly easy to find as well.

I also must thank BF for providing daily HOGs as some of us do not like Match 3 or Time Management games. I see that BF is starting to offer two games per day, allowing those who want those type of games the opportunity to purchase them. I see that today they also had a CE for them as well. Overall I grade this game: A+

BF is the BEST SITE FOR GAMES, bar none!!!!

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 1:41:32 PM PST

devolyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by devolyn on May 5, 11 1:58 PM
I agree with all of the comments. I LOVE this game!!! It really reminded me of Dire Grove, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It took me about 40 minutes to get through the demo. I will be buying immediately so I can continue on my aventure. I am looking forward to the long playing time. Great job Elephant Games! This one is a winner by far!

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 1:58:30 PM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 5, 11 2:22 PM
I don't purchase a lot of CE's because aside from a few, they have never been worth the money. I am seriously considering this one, though, especially with the free game credit this month. The only thing that holds me back is that I have no idea how long the game is.

I loved the fact that there were 3 different modes to play in, casual, advanced and hard. I played in the most difficult one (hard) which contained no hints or sparkles. I found it to be fine for me, not too difficult, but also not too easy. I think it is wonderful to include three different levels for those who are new to HOGs, intermediate players, and those more seasoned players. I liked having the strategy guide available durng the demo, but it would have been nice to at least list the number of chapters in the game, even if all the chapters aren't available for the demo. I got to the end of chapter 2 in my hour and was surprised an hour had gone by already.

I found everything about this game wonderful. The scenes are nice and the hidden objects pretty easy to find. Figuring out what to do was more tricky at first. The music was nice and the game flowed well. Loved the video scenes and the fact that there isn't anything occultic (so far) in it. Overall a wonderful game.

Quickie
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Quickie on May 5, 11 2:52 PM
OK, you've convinced me. I'll buy it without trying it.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 5, 11 3:52 PM
csmith116 wrote:

Sadly I just learned that my monthly member credit purchases can not be used for a CE game
Guess I won't be getting this game after all. Just used last months bonus coupon for The Void. Thanks for your wonderful comments about that game too.
Bessie Mae

Don't worry - your credits will work just fine on the SE version when it comes out!!

Big Fish is working on a way to let us use game credits, but they keep moving the potential release date for that ability - check out Chit Chat Corner in Forums Home. There is a thread somewhere in there about using your credits for CE.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on May 5, 11 4:01 PM
Totally awsome game, narley,rad beaching Thanks BFG. (Did not want to say anything nasty).

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 4:04:08 PM PST

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 5, 11 4:25 PM
goofyduck77 wrote:(cont)
The H0 SCENES were about a 7 in difficulty. The lighting and blurriness of the scenes made it hard to spot items, and some of the items were quite small and some blending into the background . The hint recharges at 20 seconds. In the advanced mode, it is longer, and in hard mode, you get nothing you avid masters, you. There was no click penalty, and I did try. You also have the opportunity to collect frogs, 50 in all and they pop up in various areas, not always in a H0 scene.

The MINI-PUZZLES weren’t that hard, but it was typical that the ones you find had a piece missing and so you had to go who knows where to find the missing pieces. You could skip the puzzle at one minute, and of curse in the other modes, not so much.

Overall, the graphics could have been better, it could have been a bit more generous with finding inventory when you needed it, not THAT easy in casual mode, but for those who were pining for a difficult game, I think you’re going to be challenged but good.

Thank once again Goofyduck.77..always luv your reviews,Im a big fan of yours and DragonladyOz when it come to choosing games

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 4:26:54 PM PST

Go to: