hpottermad
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,199 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues

[Post New]by hpottermad on May 9, 11 2:07 PM
I agree with all the others harsh graphics and its enough to make your eyes bleed.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 9, 11 3:09 PM
To put it 'nicely', I don't care for timers, I play to relax, and enjoy the mystery. I choose to not buy games that don't offer the option of untimed, no matter what genre it is. And from reading comments from other hoggers for several years now, I am not alone.

freakgrrl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by freakgrrl on May 9, 11 3:27 PM
i hit delete after a few minutesof play. this game is awful - boring flat grainy graphics, no story line- no fun folks.

Astina
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Astina on May 9, 11 3:30 PM
I don't write often but this game was really bad I lasted 8 minutes in the demo and that was 8 minutes in my life wasted. Also it had a timer so forget it.
Better luck next time!

Edited for spelling

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 3:30:51 PM PST

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on May 9, 11 3:45 PM
Well... I get a bit frantic when I am playing with a timer so that was the very first negative for me. Also the objects were really hard to see so, much like an earlier poster, I just clicked away merrily and sometimes did not even recognize what object I had discovered. Played for ten minutes and was feeling eye strain so I am going to delete.

But, there have been several really good games in a row so I am a happy seahorse.LOL

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on May 9, 11 4:04 PM
I agree with majority. This game is just too old fashioned. I have no interest in reading cartoons. Especially when so many appear. The girl popping up during the HOG scenes is just plain irritating. The scenes are muddied and poorly drawn or developed. This a no for me

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 9, 11 4:11 PM
Well the comments just about sum it up for me.

Nice try but no banana.

I think the developers might benefit from spending time in the forums reading about what makes a game bad, mediocre, fair, good, and great. Buy those games and learn what sells.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 9, 11 4:50 PM
Bink_In_AK wrote:Well the comments just about sum it up for me.

Nice try but no banana.

I think the developers might benefit from spending time in the forums reading about what makes a game bad, mediocre, fair, good, and great. Buy those games and learn what sells.

Either that, or pay us all who demoed a fair hour's wage for the work doing your beta testing for you for nothing. Looks like you gained some honest feedback if you have another in the works.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 9, 11 5:07 PM
The good things about this game:
You can choose between different languages.

The bad things about this game:
The game is only timed (I really hate this and I know many other fishies do too), the horrible graphic, the gameplay itself, the comicgraphic.

Overall a definete "no buy" for me

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on May 9, 11 5:30 PM
[b] PPPPPuuuuuuuu

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 9, 11 5:57 PM
What the frak is up with this game?! Not a single thing did I like or enjoy.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on May 9, 11 6:00 PM
Yay I made it 2 minutes...funny how quickly you can see crap before you step in it...

Horrible animation/graphics...boring story/plot (I don't even know what was going on)...lame game...

Gotta tell it like it is...sorry for the harsh true...

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on May 9, 11 8:16 PM
Terrible game!! Graphics were fuzzy and objects miniscule! Obviously a no buy!!

ljmb21
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ljmb21 on May 9, 11 10:09 PM
worse game I have ever played. graphics are terrible. come on big fish games lets get some better quality games. The last few weeks there were very few games I actually enjoyed playing.

[Post New]by Donyale1677 on May 9, 11 10:15 PM
I played the whole demo thinking that maybe I was missing the appeal but sadly I was wrong. I did find it entertaining that Mr Danson looked a lot like Ted Danson the actor. The story was not so bad but the **** scenes were very hard to make out and some of the puzzles just didn't make any sense. I really enjoy the opportunity to try the games before I buy them just for this reason.

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by puppyalpha on May 9, 11 10:27 PM
i dled the game and got as far as typing my name, then i uninstalled it !!!!!
it must be a record in shorted demo ever.

huggs & kisses,

puppyalpha

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by puppyalpha on May 9, 11 10:27 PM
i dled the game and got as far as typing my name, then i uninstalled it !!!!!
it must be a record in shorted demo ever.

huggs & kisses,

puppyalpha

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 9, 11 11:49 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
I think we have been spoilt by the quality of some of the games offered of late.
Cheers

I love your reviews and often use them to help me decide what games I'll get but here I disagree a lil with a fellow Oz fish .. .
In terms of graphics and effects the games we play here on BF are rather simple to make for the developers/ progammers ..when you compare them to what Sony etc put out... so we pay the $'s and should expect quality not be happy when its available to us.
Some of the games including Hollywood Files are abysmally poor graphically and pure junk to play.
Personally I expect games the standard of Raincliff ALL the time..... as thats what we pay for .
JMHO
BIG

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on May 9, 11 11:58 PM
I guess this game did me a favor! I could'nt get past typing my name!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 10, 11 12:10 AM
Well said Menesa. It wouldn't let me quote it, I don't know why~! I expect games like Raincliff ALL the time too! & I feel like there used to be but there are not as many now. Ive been a member for a long time on n off and sometimes I feel like whats being released isn't worth what I am paying every month but Ive tried to be more open to other kinds of games so I can keep the membership open. I wish all developers would release 5 star games on a daily basis but I guess thats not practical. I can only hope that other developers will read the forums & find a way to make their games exceptional ALL the time. I feel like Elephant Games must have read the forums over n over because their Raincliff game hit all the needs of what all of us have been saying for months which makes me really, really, really want to support them n buy whatever they come out with.

Go to: