girlJaye
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Hobby Farm technical issues here only

[Post New]by girlJaye on Aug 18, 11 6:35 PM
Same problem here as the other OS X Lion folks.

Those of you having consistent problems with this game and looking for either specific answers or a refund/credit may want to contact BFG directly. I've been a member here since 2004, and they're always so generous and personal about either helping to fix problems, or issuing a credit if the problem can't be fixed.

[Post New]by meljoy444 on Aug 18, 11 8:42 PM
I think I am on level 30 and I can not get milk from the goats. They are all full of milk, walking around, sleeping, not eating or really drinking. All I need to complete the level is milk and every single time I try to milk them, the arrow turns into a carrot and they run away. I thought maybe it meant they needed more food, so I gave them more food, but nothing is working and I can't even play now. Please advise.

[Post New]by msval08 on Aug 20, 11 10:27 PM
On Level 33 the guy keeps walking around with a bucket of milk. He goes from the hammock to the yarn making table continuously when I activate him.

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 8:23:33 PM PST

Hispagirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Hispagirl on Aug 26, 11 6:38 AM
Is there a fixed about the awards not coming up when they should...?

[Post New]by jincitti on Sep 13, 11 9:04 AM
I went to play level 42 and after you select the next day it goes to the map screen and tries to load. The computer made some stuttering noise (like playing a single beat repeatedly) and then ended the game and cut back into the game manager. I have shutdown and restarted but that didn't work. I can play the levels prior to this one and they load fine but once I try to load this last level it does the same thing.

I have walked thru all of my drivers with the Dell support staff and they indicate that all of my drivers are current and can support the game. Any ideas?

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Sep 17, 11 11:56 PM
I am having the same problem most are having about the game just stopping and going to desktop. I have been playing this game since and came out and no problem then all of a sudden this happens. So cannot be about any drivers, I am outraged that Big Fish games seems to have ignored everybody about this issue. All they do is tell you the same mantra about outrcomputers not being up to date. Outrageous.

[Post New]by Maurina on Sep 25, 11 5:34 AM
I've had pretty much all the problems listed here. Most of the problems I solved by logging out and logging back in, but this problem with the game just shutting down has got me stumped.

I've checked all the things suggested on the tech issues page, including uninstalling and re-installing the game. No dice.

This game has by far the most glitches of all the Big Fish games I've played. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect to at least be able to PLAY the game.

I'm going to send an email to customer support.... I'll come back and post here when/if I get a reply.

[Post New]by LysKitsune on Oct 10, 11 11:07 AM
Playing the Mac version of the game, seems like half the trophies don't work. Have done the requirements for the following and no trophy: Silver Axe, Golden Axe, Profitable Farm, Farm Tycoon, Ranch Tycoon, Maximum Performance, and Factory Tycoon. Don't have Seasoned Farmer either, although I didn't get the gold star on every level of casual play but never ran out of time, so not sure which counts toward that one.

[Post New]by pgivens1 on Nov 3, 11 7:43 PM
greenpeeps wrote:One of the chickens stands in the henhouse with the indication he needs water and sometimes food flashing over his head, stuck. They don't need water or food.

I tried deleting the game and re-downloading it, but the same thing happens.

Mine is doing the same thing... anyone know what to do?

[Post New]by linda_mo on Nov 27, 11 11:52 PM
Has anyone else had trouble with a missing cursor? I've updated flash and shockwave with no difference. On the startup menu it's possible to figure out where my cursor is by what highlights, but playing the game is impossible.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on an Intel i7 processor with an ATI mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card. I've got the newest driver for the graphics card.

Any suggestions?

[Post New]by roamingRC on Dec 12, 11 5:37 PM
John is stuck in fast motion carrying a bale of wool. exiting and re-starting hasn't solved the problem.

[Post New]by out_2_lunch on Dec 17, 11 6:05 AM
jrtfan3 wrote:Level 46 my helper is running around with 3 bales of wool. His checkmark shows he is trying to give it to the donkey on the carambola press instead of the hamster at the spinning wheel. I have restarted the game and he is back in his hammock and no wool is around him, so I guess he's fixed. My biggest problem is trying to figure out how to make coconut ice cream. Ugh!

whatever he is TRYING to do do it for him. Here you said he is trying to feed the donkey the wool. So you have to feed the donkey food and he should stop being stupid. You may have to do what he is trying to do a few times usually its fill the food trough. hope this helps.

[Post New]by out_2_lunch on Dec 17, 11 6:07 AM
pgivens1 wrote:
greenpeeps wrote:One of the chickens stands in the henhouse with the indication he needs water and sometimes food flashing over his head, stuck. They don't need water or food.

I tried deleting the game and re-downloading it, but the same thing happens.

Mine is doing the same thing... anyone know what to do?

The only thing I have found that works is to sell the chicken and buy another one. Hope this helps.

janielu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by janielu2 on Dec 22, 11 10:49 AM
does anyone have trouble getting her to pick up the baskets and sometimes buckets?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 22, 11 11:38 AM
Hi janielu2.

You may want to see if uninstalling and reinstalling the game might be helpful, or if a quick update to your system might do the trick:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Still having troubles? Please get in touch with Tech Support and our reps will be happy to help. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by NicknoL on Jul 18, 12 1:40 PM
Level 31. I cannot store the peacock, similar to another forum post.

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Jul 24, 12 7:37 PM
Wow- no wonder this game was on sale. Having all the problems already noted- game freezing and crashing, helper getting stuck in an endless loop, chicken stuck in the coop with water/food messages flashing over his head, can't store the peacock feather on level 37 (which is the last item I need to store to finish the level!), etc. Horribly buggy game. Very disappointed.

Hispagirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Hispagirl on Sep 1, 12 6:39 PM
I used the help pages and did all that they stated about updating and whatever but even though I have re-installed the game several times the game comes really small and when I enlarge it, is too large and then before the game start it just ends on its own. I have no idea what is going on. I have played this game many times this is the first time this has happened.

[Post New]by lilcavy2 on Oct 9, 12 9:58 AM
I never had any crashing issues until I tried playing the game with 4 goats, 4 sheep and 2 peacocks. With that many animals the game crashed consistently in timed mode on level 35. Also my second dog didn't work at all, he couldn't affect the thieves - not only didn't see them but they could walk right on top of him with no effect. Once I sold the extra animals and went back to 3 goats, 3 sheep and 1 peacock the game worked again with no problems. There are many trophies that don't work - both with the firewood, both with the profitable farm and the one with the successfully finishing all levels. I also have never had two 'boats' to bring items to - no room on the farm. I just move the boat and the water well and buckets to the center of the screen. The game appears to be able to handle only so many objects for whatever reason.

[Post New]by mschuerer on Jan 25, 13 4:53 AM
This games shuts down when calling on the helpers. Very annoying!

Go to: