ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fruits Inc.

[Post New]by ember89 on May 12, 11 1:48 PM
well, i think i might have liked this game if...

granny was GONE! when she comes onto the screen to talk, she covers up everything [which shouldn't irritate me so much, because she keeps you from clicking anyway, but it does] and talks for half the time i have to accomplish a goal! shut it, grams! i got stuff to do and could really use the space...

the clock stopped during tutorial parts, like in the BAL games... instead, granny's there waiting for something to be built and the clock is tick-tick-ticking away... not to mention she hangs on the screen for a good ten seconds after telling you what a great job you did building whatever it was that you can't use because she won't let you click on anything if she's going to hang around - stop the d@mn clock!

so now i'm wondering to myself what the options menu meant by 'cut-out characters' and if that was granny they were talking about... sounds like a great box to check in my book!

so what i did like... was the opportunity to plant what you wanted based on what you thought you needed for the level goals... you could build to your ideas and hire to get it done the way you wanted... and once you met a goal - it was met and fell off the chart! now that's what i'm talking about! i liked the eco-factor and the fact that you have to watch your water usage to match what you have coming in - or build a reservoir to handle your load... i liked that your factories could be apricot one moment and grape the next without tearing them down high marks for that one! and i DID like that all the factory specialization stuff took place off the clock [making the labels/names,etc] as it was the ONLY time i got to breathe and i really appreciated it... it put one more creative twist in there...

in all, i feel like this game had a lot of potential, but potential doesn't make buyers... a little polish and this one could really shine

gypsy278
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gypsy278 on May 12, 11 2:44 PM
Hi All,
I am trying to get into this game but I just can't. I haven't heard anyone else complain about it so I must be the only one with the problem, but it is so slow... 1 second in the game is five seconds real time so one cycle takes about a minute and a half...Very frustrating... I am assuming this is not how the real game is or no one would be able to stand it right?

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on May 12, 11 3:08 PM
Sorry..this one is a big Forget It! It was too slow and the tutorial was too vague. I uninstalled after 50 minutes. The icons and words were too small to see. Also..WTH is with Creepy Granny?? She freaked me out and was annoying. it moved too slow and I couldn't get rid of her. She blocked half the screen.

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 3:09:41 PM PST

Cjb58
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Cjb58 on May 12, 11 3:30 PM
this game is very confusing. It doesn't tell you how to grow different fruit juices since you only have access to one-apples. Go figure. Anyone else fiigure out how to grow 2 differnt fruit juices?

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on May 12, 11 3:32 PM
Call me a snob, but I didn't get further than about 30 seconds into this game. I was put off not by the tutorial or difficulty level (I didn't get chance) but the sound quality. God, it's awful! The graphics aren't much cop either. And, given that BFG you've released this side-by-side with another farming game (btw, very pleased you've released 2 TMs together instead of the usual HOG after HOG after HOG!) we'll inevitably compare... Well, I didn't really rave about Hobby Farm as it was too similar to My Farm Life (which also came out very recently), but it at least did these important things correctly - a beautiful game graphically, and good music with high quality not some rubbish compression.

Disappointed. I think it's the first time I've been so turned off a game from you so quickly! And that's before I even got to play it...

Minuet888
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Minuet888 on May 12, 11 4:17 PM
OK
one question, in level 1.6 (I think) I have to store 30 grapes but I can't! I store ten grapes then the automatic seller comes and sells them before I can do anything. Granny didn't tell me how to store and I went to "help" but that was worthless!

So how do I turn off the automatic seller so I can store 30 grapes.

Now my reviw, I am a TM enthisiast and honestly don't care if I get gold on every level, I'll go back later and get it if I am bored.
Here are my complaints,
Granny - as everyone else has said she stays forever ans I can't get anything done! Either let me close the granny dialog box, allow me to work with her on the screen, or stop the time!

Help and tutorial - both need to be more effective, I went to "help" and it told me nothing other than buying things, it needs to have way more information and ....well....help

NOW I have question for
Zel...well the production person on these boards. thank you or coming out here and listening to us complain not a lot of production people would do that so I am curious after reading all of our feedback, what are you aking out of it and what are you taking back to your company? Do you feel some changes need to be made? Was this game beta'd and did any of these complaints come up then?

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 12, 11 7:06 PM
Minuet888 wrote:
OK
one question, in level 1.6 (I think) I have to store 30 grapes but I can't! I store ten grapes then the automatic seller comes and sells them before I can do anything. Granny didn't tell me how to store and I went to "help" but that was worthless!

If I recall correctly, I think "store 30 grapes" means that you need to increase your harvest numbers until the quantity of grapes in your warehouse reaches 30 or more before they're picked up and sold. I think what I did was simply plant more plots with grapes until my warehouse storage capacity reached or exceeded 30. It doesn't matter that the grapes are sold automatically. It just means that you need to have at least 30 grapes in storage before they're picked up. Just keep planting grapes and you'll get there.

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 7:12:02 PM PST

willows23
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by willows23 on May 12, 11 8:23 PM
Hmm. Didn't seem that difficult to get gold for me. Got gold on all the levels and finished the hour demo.

My thoughts...

Get Granny out of the way. It sucks when she's standing there in front of you and the clock is ticking away. They should have stopped the clock during the tutorial and made it to where you could not proceed until your tutorial instructions were accomplished. You do also have to kind of figure it out yourself but I managed to do that pretty easily. I'll admit that I sat there the first time and just kept mowing down my apple patches until I figured out that I wasn't collecting the apples, but destroying the whole apple patch.

It is sort of a slow game, but more stuff did seem to come into play by the end of the tutorial. I think I finished it on level 1-6 or 1-7.

I won't be purchasing it right now. It was an okay game, but because it is so slow, it didn't grab my interest. Perhaps if it moved a bit quicker and I could see more of what would be to come I would be tempted.

A 2 out of 5 from what I know, though.

klee1803
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by klee1803 on May 13, 11 6:23 AM
I thought this game was great. I have a few complaints but overall, it has kept me challenged for the last few days which is exactly what I look for in a game.

It took me days to get through all the levels and I have gold on less than a third, and not even silver on more than half so it will keep me entertained longer while I go back to try to win these.

Granny does disappear later on anyway but I think you can mark a box in options for her not to appear.

She is a bit of a nightmare and definitely one of my complaints about the game, but as I say, you get rid of her later.

This is definitely more a building game than a farming game. you need to think about what and when to build very carefully and also what to harvest to get the right points to be able to build more. There is a lot fo thinking, hence why I find it more challenging.

I normally enjoy Royal Envoy, My Kingdom style games the most, but also Build A Lot.
It's probably worth trying if you like these also.

My other complaint was how slow it can be but I wonder if that is a glitch. The seconds don't count down in real time, they take 2 -- 3 secs to count down every second. To be fair, I didn't mind so much as it gave me thinking time but I am curious if it should be faster and if so, how hard the game is then.

It definitely gets better later on tho.

For a TM addict like me, considering there has been so few good TM / strategy games recently, I am quite happy this was released. (I'm a mac user too so there is even less choice).

Now if we could just have some more TM games too! I have been struggling to find anything to spend credits on recently.

Replayer
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Replayer on May 13, 11 7:41 AM
Cjb58 wrote:this game is very confusing. It doesn't tell you how to grow different fruit juices since you only have access to one-apples. Go figure. Anyone else fiigure out how to grow 2 differnt fruit juices?

To make more than one kind of juice, all you have to do is create a new one in the juice factory. You do this by opening the factory icon, and clicking on the juice container in the upper left hand corner.
You will then be given the option to "create new".

Once you get a juice created, any fruit you have will make that juice.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on May 13, 11 10:14 AM
Farming games are my favorites.....but not this one. It is confusing and boring at the same time. I only played 5 minutes and deleted it.
Hopefully the developer can revamp it and make a great game.

[Post New]by CrazyPoet63 on May 13, 11 12:34 PM
Well, I seem to be in the minority here when I say I actually LIKE the game. Yes, the tutorial leaves a lot to be desired, but gee, whatever happened to trying to figure things OUT? You know, using our God-given brains? It's really not a difficult game, overall.

[Post New]by CrazyPoet63 on May 13, 11 12:40 PM
Cjb58 wrote:this game is very confusing. It doesn't tell you how to grow different fruit juices since you only have access to one-apples. Go figure. Anyone else fiigure out how to grow 2 differnt fruit juices?

you have to play through additional levels to get access to more fruit.

[Post New]by CrazyPoet63 on May 13, 11 12:41 PM
lhelms wrote:Hello all.... This is my first game review, but trust me,have been playing way too many games on here for way too long lol.

I just had to comment on this game. Almost every game I own is TM, and am not happy unless I get gold on all levels. This game is crazy, first level on I had to replay EVERY level, and still could not get gold on most. I would miss it by a few seconds, which made me even more frustrated.

Also, it looks like this game is not very long, from what I could tell, I was half way through the game in the trial period....

Well, I can say that there are more levels than meet the eye. I'm currently on level 3.2, where I'm stuck....and it looks like there are a lot more.

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 13, 11 12:54 PM
Minuet888 wrote:OK

Now my reviw, I am a TM enthisiast and honestly don't care if I get gold on every level, I'll go back later and get it if I am bored.
Here are my complaints,
Granny - as everyone else has said she stays forever ans I can't get anything done! Either let me close the granny dialog box, allow me to work with her on the screen, or stop the time!

Help and tutorial - both need to be more effective, I went to "help" and it told me nothing other than buying things, it needs to have way more information and ....well....help

NOW I have question for
Zel...well the production person on these boards. thank you or coming out here and listening to us complain not a lot of production people would do that so I am curious after reading all of our feedback, what are you aking out of it and what are you taking back to your company? Do you feel some changes need to be made? Was this game beta'd and did any of these complaints come up then?

Hello, I am not sure what I can comment here or not about this. But, i can say a few things.

This is our first downloadable game so we didn't know what to expect at all. We still have a lot to learn and being here to listen and also comment was the way we found to know more about the game and also about the audience.

We are working on other games and probably creating a second version (i hope improved one) of this game.

Thanks for asking and I hope I can help you more.

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 13, 11 12:56 PM

You can change the product that a factory produce by clicking on it and selecting the edit option. Now you can create a new product or select a previous created one.

So you create a kind of juice, make the amount you need. Then you create another kind and make the amount you need.

Or, you can create 2 factories. Each of one kind of product.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 13, 11 3:04 PM
Zemane wrote:
MickyTeddy wrote:Well, it is now deleted.

Gold Level 3 impossible.

Working it out-
1 cycle = 10 seconds.
4 lots of apples as you only have 4 farms, is 4 x $20= $80
You need to raise $850.

To achieve Gold you theoretically would need 5 cycles which is 50 seconds so on paper possible BUT only with no bugs on the farms.
And even though Gold Time is 1 minute 15 seconds there is insufficient time to get more crops. 25 seconds is not enough time.

If you leave the bugs the fruit price drops anyway.
Clear the bugs and you lose the crop.
No win (pun!!) situation.

Total disaster.

Big Fish you made an error with this game.

I am from the production team and we are really sorry to hear all of that from you guys. Specially regarding the gold and silver times.

critics are always welcome. and we hope you guys can give the game a second chance. we really believe Fruits is a nice experience and by the time you figure it out (shouldn't take too long, and sorry for that) it get's really good

some tips:
learn to use the $ button at the proper time
dragging the fruits to the farms helps a lot
doing what grandma says in the first levels will lead you to gold times easily, and she won't appear anymore

Zeman is right about getting gold on the first levels by simply following Grandma's orders.

Unfortunately all the other users are right too in saying the game is slow, has too many buttons, space design is disporoportioned (tiny graphs but huge static grandma), nonsensical stuff (bugs´n crops), not very interesting, not very original.
The game might get better later on, but I deleted it after 10 minutes and before visiting the forum.

Dee6583
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Dee6583 on May 13, 11 5:27 PM
I bought the game after playing the trial for an hour. I have played through 1.11 so far. I had no problem getting gold on the first several levels and I'm not a great tm player. I can't get gold on 1.9 or 1.11 but I only tried twice and went on.
That being said, I have a feeling things are only going to get harder and, I don't see myself getting gold on many more levels without a walkthrough.

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 5:28:40 PM PST

ladycameo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ladycameo on May 13, 11 5:46 PM
I already wiped this one off the computer. I am a TM junkie, especially for farming games ... HOWEVER this is one game I won't purchase. The help system is basically nonexistent. Gramma takes up too much of the screen for too long. The instructions for the harvesting and selling of fruit is nonexistent. There's too much by-guess-and-by-golly play to it. I've probably tried just about every TM farming game there is, and this one just plain STINKS. It's not even worth the 6.99 game club price ... it's not even worth free. You'd have to pay me to keep this thing. And worst is, I have a netbook from eMachines ... so a lot of games won't play on it because of screen resolution problems (if it won't play at 800x600 I'm sunk), or memory requirements on the CPU (over 1 gig and again, I'm sunk). This is one that met the requirements for me to be able to play on my little netbook, yet it's gone because it just plain is awful.

[Post New]by sjwilla on May 13, 11 8:25 PM
CrazyPoet63 wrote:Well, I seem to be in the minority here when I say I actually LIKE the game. Yes, the tutorial leaves a lot to be desired, but gee, whatever happened to trying to figure things OUT? You know, using our God-given brains? It's really not a difficult game, overall.

I'll join you - I really like this game too. Partly, that's because it's a strategy TM game (which seem like the rarest of the TM genre to me), which means it's challenging and replaying levels is par for the course. Yes, Grandma and the other pop-up people hang around a bit too long (it would be awesome if the developers could release an update that moves them along a bit faster) and the controls are a little clunky, but these aren't game-breaking for me.

I was moved to post because of all of the negative reviews; while I believe I will still have had a full and happy life without this game, I'm glad I gave this game a trail. If you like strategy TM, this random internet person encourages you to at least give this one a try.

Go to: