gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Jun 18, 11 9:27 AM
froggyma wrote:I missed the first gem at the car scene in the beginning. It was at the bottom of the gatepost. I hope this helps.
I didn't see a walkthrough and seem to be an angel short - uggh. I would rather not search that guide if there is a list somewhere.

thank you as that is the one I've been looking for for a while now as I refused to check out the walkthru!

[Post New]by sharon5394 on Jun 21, 11 6:59 AM
Please help. No matter how many times I try to place the fan near the alleyway to get rid of the fog. It just keeps bouncing back into my toolbox.

bridlepath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bridlepath on Aug 1, 11 9:11 AM
nanner915 wrote:I am having the same problem. I tried reloading the game, and nothing happened. I cant figure that stupid puzzle out with the tiles on the door either! Anyone have a solution????

I too am having a very frustrating time with this puzzle...would like to skip but no button. I'm ready to trash this game even though I have enjoyed playing it...don't need the stress!!

bridlepath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bridlepath on Aug 1, 11 7:38 PM
How can you finish the game without the solution to the station door? Trying to put the colored blocks in the right columns is so frustrating!!

bridlepath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bridlepath on Aug 3, 11 9:37 AM
I had the same problem with the skip button for the puzzle on the door. I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled from my purchase history page and all was well. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by zazabinx on Aug 10, 11 11:00 AM
122519 wrote:is anyone else having tec problems ? game does not seem to progress in a linear fashion ?
i am having same probs, halfway through the game and its now taken me back to the scorpions on the bridge, done that bit a while back

katielady
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Welcome to Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by katielady on Aug 13, 11 5:58 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I cant find the lever for the cart in the mine shaft, gas can with keresene needed also

SisterE
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by SisterE on Sep 22, 11 6:58 PM
lola2212 wrote:help with 457 dr diary..i keep trying but cant seem to get it...anyone like to let me know how!!!! thankyou

SisterE
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by SisterE on Sep 22, 11 7:08 PM
I need help trying to open the book with the code "457" Could someone please help
me!!! I am stuck.

Edited on 09/22/2011 at 7:09:13 PM PST

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Sep 27, 11 6:08 PM
Not sure if the 457 code is always the same, or if it's random. Be sure this is the code in your game. Then click on the dials on the book until you have the correct code, starting from top to bottom.

[Post New]by TroopinFairy on Oct 26, 11 8:21 AM
How do I get to the treehouse? I went to the "guide" and it talks about a rope and the counterweight but, I'm not seeing a rope.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Nov 9, 11 7:47 AM
Loved this game, just my cuppa tea. I got about 5 hours after this one, making notes as I went as usual (what a geek!)

There is no choice for easy or hard mode, but the sparkles are minimal and I actually found the ones for the **** scenes useful rather than annoying on this game. The **** scenes are clear and mostly interactive, though sometimes it seems the cursor changes and sometimes not so you do have to think what you need a hammer for etc, which is fine by me.

There are plenty of puzzles, just as I like it. There are a few easy ones and quite a few thinkers, but all are logical and make sense, some just need a bit more patience and time than others. The other thing I liked was that instructions for the puzzles only come up when you click hint. I managed another game with no skips used, hurrah!

I thought the artwork was great, and a nice touch in the static scenes was a little interactivity here and there, eg move the cursor over hanging chains and they move and clink.

I think the only slightly disappointing thing was the bonus chapter, the main reason I get CEs. About 40 minutes long but very easy and felt a little like it was stuck on just to make it a CE, and didn't really add anything to the story.

Big thumbs up from me, just don't worry about getting the CE if you're just concerned about extra play.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Nov 9, 11 7:52 AM
TroopinFairy wrote:How do I get to the treehouse? I went to the "guide" and it talks about a rope and the counterweight but, I'm not seeing a rope.

My memory must be shocking as I've only just finished this, but have you put the ladder up against the treehouse to get into it? I think the rope is in there when you get up to it. Ladder from doctor's, retrieve with umbrella

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 2:51:34 PM PST

grannyjeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by grannyjeri on Feb 5, 12 6:17 PM
johnmac55 wrote:i can not get the weight on the rope to access the treeehouse, any ideas

grannyjeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by grannyjeri on Feb 5, 12 6:29 PM
I am at the tree house, have the counter weight but I also cannot find the rope to hook it to. Has anyone answered this yet?

grannyjeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by grannyjeri on Feb 6, 12 12:25 AM
Look's like I have done it again. Everytime I ask for help I go back to the game and eventually figure it out and each time it is a happy accident. I had clicked on that tree house so many times, then suddenly it enlarged and I was able to see where the counter weight hooked on to the rope. Ho's are my favorite games but at 72 I could use some suggestions that you think may interest me.
Thank's for being there.

Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Jula73 on Apr 9, 12 3:52 AM
Hi I love this game but there isn't a skip button on the train station shop door puzzle ?? I can't get any further?? Is this a technical issue I'm so frustrated please help

[Post New]by Chalies on Apr 25, 12 2:54 AM
I also have the same problem. I cant find the Kerosene as I already put the lamp there and can not take it back. So can any one help me on this I'm stuck can not go any further.

Thank you.

Chalies

janiestep wrote:How can I get the lamp back?
I posted this last night and no response. I quess it was removed. Don't mean to do
anything wrong. Put the Kerosene in the engine. Now have no lamp

[Post New]by Chalies on Apr 25, 12 2:57 AM
I can't fine the Kerosene for the train engine as I already use it with lamp in that room and can not take it back. So now I'm stuck there can not move any further. Can any one help me for this.

Thank you.

RES24
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by RES24 on Apr 26, 12 12:38 PM
I'm also stuck. I've used the kerosene in the lamp and can't get the lamp back. I also can't find anywhere to get more kerosene for the train.

Help please!

Go to: