Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 12, 11 3:45 PM
Played 10 minutes and stopped to buy. Plays full screen on my wide screen and so far haven't had any difficulty seening the objects. Looks like it is a good one, and I am off to enjoy.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ember89 on May 12, 11 4:04 PM
i would just like to say that i love what they've done with their hidden object scenes - every one of them [or just about] has some objects that have to work together... it's like hidden object puzzle time and i like it

as for the game as a whole [or what i've played so far, anyway] i find myself liking it, too... the music is nice and the effects aren't completely distracting... the graphics aren't A+,but they are good... the woman at the beginning made me think of those romance novels my mom always had lying around before she met james patterson... and then with the dialogue in the opening - i skipped it, couldn't listen to that... whatever it was... whine about lost love and who deserves what - i was almost immediately convinced that this was going to be a little on the 'adult' side so glad i was quickly proved wrong...

where i like the game and would eagerly add to it my collection given it were an SE, i'm having second thoughts regarding purchasing it as a CE... i don't really need the extras.... and while i can always go for some extra game play, i've heard that it is very short... so - i think i will hold out for the SE unless someone proves me wrong

happy fogging

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 12, 11 4:31 PM
For me, this game is worth purchasing, for others, not so much. Play the demo and make your own decision

[Post New]by TrudysTouch on May 12, 11 4:37 PM
yvonnehoho wrote:I don't like the graphics, very unclear, perhaps my screen is too big, but I can see the pixels far too good (and I don't want to see them like this)

I don't know yet if I will buy it, normally I love CE's and bought a lot of them the last year, but now I will play the full hour

24" screen here and no problems. AWESOME and DIFFERENT a buy for me.

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on May 12, 11 4:56 PM
I was wondering why this game was sooo familiar...I think I did a beta and was loving it then....I'm going to stand by my words in the survey, I'm buying!
I love the graphics, I love the interactive HOG, I love the mood, and it can be tricky at times, but not where you're tearing your hair out in frustration.
Off to buy lol

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 3:36:42 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 12, 11 6:56 PM
Finally a game that I enjoyed. Liked the music,graphics and the IHOG's were a little different and made it hard to find at times. I like the puzzles they were hard but you have the skip after a time, so it makes you try to do the puzzle. I will certainly buy it but will most likely wait until the SE. I find lots of times the CE's aren't worth the extra playing time. There are so many CE's now that I will just wait and see.. Good to see some better games.

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 6:57:00 PM PST

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on May 12, 11 7:27 PM
Does anyone know who the developer is on this one? Have they done other games?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 12, 11 8:40 PM

sokjeff wrote:Does anyone know who the developer is on this one? Have they done other games?

The dev is Daily Magic Production - seems to originate somewhere in the Ukraine...

I've never seen any other games from this company but I'll sure be looking out for them in the future.

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 8:42:10 PM PST

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on May 12, 11 8:55 PM
Kudos to the devs. What a wonderfully innovative story line!! The graphics are GORGEOUS! The **** scenes are not too junkpile, and the objects seem to fit the era. The minigames are numerous and medium difficulty. There are moving objects that startle the poo right out of you, music that is creepy, but not too unnerving. I am SO impressed. What a nice change of pace from missing (fill-in-the-blank) family member. The old "find grandpa" or "save your sister" were getting a tad stale. This one looks like a winner. Have played all but nineteen minutes of the demo and I will definitely buy this one. From what I've seen already, it is certainly worth the price and the effort. Thank you, thank you, thank you, to the devs. WOW...what a change of pace.

[Post New]by Freevoyager on May 12, 11 9:04 PM
Have played for about and hour and a half so far and I have enjoyed every minute of it! Especially like the interaction needed in the **** scenes!

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 12, 11 10:03 PM
Let's see....well, the graphics are nice and the music fits the atmosphere. However, I found this to move very slow! I've never had an issue like that with any game in the past. And for the first time ever I wasn't able to use the custom cursor. It moved as if it were trudging through molasses. I played only 10 minutes and barely got through the 2nd H O scene in that 10 minutes because of the lag! I noticed many of you commenting on the remark "That only works in the movies" and it's true...how annoying!! Definitely not a buy for me. Unless there is a change to how things move in the SE version, I wouldn't even buy this as a SE. I want to relax and enjoy a game, not sit here and feel as if it's a struggle. Glad those who can play it are enjoying it.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 12, 11 11:59 PM
I like this game. It feels original even though its a "saving the lost souls" theme. The hidden object scenes were kind of hard to get used to at first because of all the looking for the items to find the other items but once I got used it to, I really enjoyed it & the puzzles were original. I want this game but Im afraid to buy the collectors edition since its only 6 chapters...or so I read. I haven't seen that anyone has finished it. The mystery trackers game was reliable since there was another one that was good, I knew it would be worth the money but Im not sure about this one. I could wait for the SE, even though it will be a month or so because even though I enjoyed it, I DIDNT get that "I HAVE TO BUY IT NOW" sensation like I always do! lol

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on May 13, 11 12:57 AM
Good graphics...I found them very clear...I didn't get alot of mini games in the demo but they were challenging enough (for the few I had). I really liked the amount of interactive H.O.G. items.

I won't but as it didn't GRAB me...but it was lovely just the same...

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on May 13, 11 2:31 AM
Nobody finished the game yet? Well, everyone working hard and enjoying the game,I am going to buy it and see whatever happen?

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on May 13, 11 3:53 AM
I have been playing for about 20 minutes of the demo. There are sparkles in some areas (hidden object area and SOME, but not all areas of interest). Not sure why the developers used the sparkles inconsistently. Although the sparkles do irritate me the game is fun so far. The inventory items are obvious; would have liked a bit more challenge. Will see how the game progresses before I make a decision. But so far, will pass on the CE (but maybe will buy the SE).

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on May 13, 11 4:45 AM
campfire29 wrote:If I hear one more person bragging about their pixels & LARGE monitors I think I'll hurl I mean I'm really happy for all of you but some of us are just getting by with our small laptops and oh by the way I'm sorry to here there are some people out there that are losing sleep over sparkles, personally I think the games here are great and BF is doing a great job!

Love your post, very funny and true! I play my games on a crappy old laptop, and sparkles don't bother me either. Some people here just love to complain. I often get sick of hearing it. I agree that BFG has great games and it's why I have been a Game Club member for almost a year now. If people here are unhappy with BFG, then they should cancel their memberships and go complain elsewhere so that we don't have to hear it. I come here to find out if a game is good or not, not to hear people complain about things like how they think CE's cost too much, which is something I have heard way too much, and would be happy to never hear again.

I enjoyed the demo of this CE, and am thinking about buying it. The only thing that has made me on the fence is the running around factor. So far, the game doesn't seem to have too much running around (I just finished the demo), but if this changes after the demo, to the point where it becomes tedious (as I felt it did in Raincliff), I do not want to purchase this game. Any insight that you all could give me here about the running around factor after the demo would be appreciated, thanks!

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 4:54:42 AM PST

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on May 13, 11 6:03 AM
sucked. couldn't get to screen where it says either play or options. like can't get help from the sardines here or tech support. not worth ruining my new PC

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 13, 11 6:08 AM
I really really liked this game, great spooky atmosphere. Very interesting HOG scenes, creative and fun puzzles (a bit difficult!) and exciting storyline...

BUY from me, hope it will worth the CE price.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on May 13, 11 6:42 AM
This is a good game, the skip button took a little too long to charge. I'm not too fond of the 'must perform an action to find the object' type of H0Gs though, but that's a minor inconvenience. I did not enjoy the game enough to purchase CE price for though. Will wait for the SE. (The second game I am waiting on an SE for!)

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on May 13, 11 6:53 AM
is anybody here who can tell me who make this game?it is published by BF,but WHO made it ,please?

Go to: