netlingo

I'll start a thread for this.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital

[Post New]by reddleman on May 23, 11 6:00 PM
This was an excellent game. I loved every minute of it. I wish more game were like this one.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 24, 11 8:56 AM
I played the demo and was blown away. The story is fascinating. The tradegy of the poor people who were used as experiments is all too familar in the real world as well as the gaming world. I had originally tossed this into the "will get around to it" pile and am sorry I did. This game is amazing. Though the story is dark and a tad scary, it's not super scary yet anyway. So this is going in my have to have it pile. Thanks to the devs for a wonderful game.

This game is an A++.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on May 24, 11 3:11 PM
Excellant game. I even liked the voice.Thanks for the walkthrough, as I could not get through the final puzzle with the rotating lights. Could anyone do this? If you could,I applaud you.

[Post New]by oscarangel on May 25, 11 11:11 AM
great game has to be the best one i have ever played well done bigfish more please

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on May 25, 11 6:49 PM
I wasn't aware there was a CE of this game, but at any rate I was ready when the Standard Edition was over and don't think much could be added to the story line. I enjoy many horror themed games, especially the ones from ERB, but something about a lot of the Oneron titles leaves me cold. I didn't find the game easy at all, in fact I had to refer to the walk through many times as I had no idea what I needed to do next to advance the storyline.

Pros: Good art work, adequate music, but nothing I've not heard before. Challenging. The cut scenes were not overly graphic--certainly nothing along the lines of other titles--particularly the one about the flooded town. The length was just right for the money.

Cons: The war atrocity aspect of the game is something that may be too disturbing for some people. I didn't like the pseudo-nazi symbolism. Those who object to those types of references should not buy this title. I"m glad I didn't buy the expanded version--the ending was adequate for me.

I find the Lovecraftian references in some of these games interesting. I wish they could make a real Lovecraft game based upon Shadow of Innsmouth or other Lovecraft stories. That having been said I'm a sucker for a happy ending and I don't like story lines in which evil wins out in the end.

SPOILER ALERT: Those who object to destroying monsters should definitely avoid this title.

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on May 26, 11 12:08 PM
I am squeamish about torture. I am glad that it was at a minimum in this game. I like dark themes to my games. I tried the lighter games, I just could not do it. Sunshine games do not make a good mystery to me. But that is why there is such a selection in games, to make everyone happy.

BFG's does need to balance out the games though. Make it kinda 50/50 between the happy games to the dark games. I read allot of posts on here that are not happy with all the dark HOG games.

I had to turn the music off. It was good. Yet, it always seems to break my concentration.

The graphics: 10 's.
Story line: 8 's.
sound: 8 's.

Streamline was good. No jerky movements. The hints needs to be better. But, I bought it all the same. i love scaring myself sometimes.

deeno2
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by deeno2 on May 27, 11 6:53 PM
I almost didn't try this game because some of the reviewers mentioned occult subject matter. I never play games that have occult themes and I wish to refute these statements in case it's put others off this game. There is no suggestion of the occult at all in this game. I liken it to fantasy stories like x-men and other comics or a little bit of x-files. But not in the supernatural. These soldiers that they experimented on where willing subjects and the experiments went wrong where they were given bizarre traits such as made of electricity or fire or invisibility.

I think it's a really well done and different game. The puzzles are not difficult but they are for the most part quite different from the norm. I also really like the hidden object in reverse where you must put things back where they belong. These needed a little bit of thinking.

It is really no darker a game than many that have been raved about and actually not as gruesome as some of the latest.

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on May 28, 11 1:30 PM
djrum525 wrote:
Sadsid wrote:I also have to ask what is OSM and also what is ETA? Maybe this old lady just needs a list of the most frequent used abbreviations. Thanks

Hi Sadsid!
OSM is "Occult Subject Matter"
ETA is Edited To Add

At least, I think that's what those abbreviations stand for!

I don't know if you already got this sorted out, but OSM stands for "Offensive Subject Matter", which some folks think about this game.

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on May 28, 11 1:53 PM
I've kind of agonized over this one. But here is my final decision: good gaming, but just too much ugliness. Why can't they combine great gaming with great graphics? I don't mind spooky or vampires, but when every scene is ugly, it makes me sad or mad or something.

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on May 28, 11 8:26 PM
deeno2 wrote:I almost didn't try this game because some of the reviewers mentioned occult subject matter. I never play games that have occult themes and I wish to refute these statements in case it's put others off this game. There is no suggestion of the occult at all in this game. I liken it to fantasy stories like x-men and other comics or a little bit of x-files. But not in the supernatural. These soldiers that they experimented on where willing subjects and the experiments went wrong where they were given bizarre traits such as made of electricity or fire or invisibility.

I think it's a really well done and different game. The puzzles are not difficult but they are for the most part quite different from the norm. I also really like the hidden object in reverse where you must put things back where they belong. These needed a little bit of thinking.

It is really no darker a game than many that have been raved about and actually not as gruesome as some of the latest.

Deeno, you said it exactly right! And, at the risk of being blasted, I'm going to take the opportunity here to vent a bit: If you don't like these types of games, then by all means, do not play them. But, just as I would never go to a forum on a Time Management game and express how much I hate those kinds of games and would never play them, I don't understand those who feel the need to post on this (or other supernatural/fantasy/occult games) forum about what a horrible game it is because it has features they hate. I'm sure anyone who doesn't like this type of game will know that from playing the demo. That's what it's there for!

That being said (whew! thank you for letting me vent!), I finished the game and thought it was great! I never would have got the final puzzle, though, without the Walkthrough! Loved it!

[Post New]by judebean on May 30, 11 2:57 PM
LOVE THIS GAME! The puzzles are complex yet doable. Plus, not too heavy on the hidden objects format, which can get monotonous. But even the hidden object games had variety. Well done!

ladymajik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ladymajik on Jun 2, 11 4:19 PM
bonbon663 wrote:"It's a good game. I just read it has some OSM, I'm not a fan".

I have to ask, what's OSM? Thanks.

I am the same don't know what OSM means, I can normally work out what thing stand for, but not this

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Jun 2, 11 7:59 PM
smartvalerie wrote:I played the free hour & thought this is the game for me! Loved everything about it, it is different from other games. subject matter didn't bother me, it's a game. Brilliant. More like it bf please. Games that make the old grey matter work in us oldies. Thank you bf.

I downloaded the game, and the walkthrough. I got as far as where
It said to click on the bench, to get a key for the garage, but there was no bench there to click on.
Its a shame as I would enjoy this game. But I cant get any further.

aperry423
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by aperry423 on Jun 2, 11 9:03 PM
Great game! I loved the ending, totally unexpected. This is the third game in a row that has had an interesting ending. Before this, I played Fear for Sale: The Secret of McInroy Manor and Shiver: The Missing Hitchhiker. All three were very enjoyable games.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 6, 11 1:50 AM
I found this enjoyable, the story is great. The scenes are good, and the puzzles not too obvious. The demo time was kinda short for the free time allowable, but I suspect I'll still end up buying this one. It had a good creepy feel to it, and the cutscenes are well done.

[Post New]by KalyptoRage on Jun 7, 11 6:26 PM
I completely understand where one is coming from involving the subject matter...but, never did I view Big Fish Games as (specifically) a child's website. I looked at this as a place to actually enjoy games without having to be a child or so to say "young". Besides, it is a story and a game which in fact will have ugly truths or situations to further influence us to do something about it. No offense whatsoever (and here me out) but BFG is not to blame if one's child is exposed to something a parent finds offensive. Yes, some things your child should not see haha, but...how else will they learn?
Besides, (moving beyond children) not all gamers want a sugar coated game. This pushes the envelope...barely, but it could have been far worse, I suppose. Which could easily be Green Halls Sanitarium or Asylum Conspiracy. I don't know, but I just feel that if one doesn't like a game, don't take it to a third degree and blame the site. They do the best they can to appeal to everyones taste.

[Post New]by Dancingcrone on Jun 8, 11 1:45 PM
The puzzles are good but the slow progress is driving me mad - it doesn't feel like progress at all. Acquire lots of things in my inventory and everywhere I go there's nothing to do, you have to revisit each and every scene all the time. Don't know if I can be bothered to finish it.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Jun 10, 11 4:08 PM
I loved this game!!! The story was neat. Lot's of hidden object scenes. Neat games and puzzles. Enjoyed playing.

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Jun 13, 11 12:07 PM
Definitely a good game - good mix of H0 scene, puzzles and wandering around finding objects. Game was non-linear, which is what I enjoy most. Thoroughly satisfying, even if not outstanding. Only major problem was a freeze that happened multiple times on the pipe game, which was annoying, but I finally managed to hurry up and make it through before freeze, so not fatal.

FOUR OF FIVE STARS

Go to: