emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by emery419 on Jun 19, 11 10:18 PM
Good game -- several hours of entertainment. The puzzles were interesting, but I grew impatient with them toward the end and didn't give them the time they probably deserved. In all fairness, I tend to give up too easily on mini-games and puzzles of certain genres. But again some of these were very easy, some were not. Some of the **** scenes were very hard, but the hint recharge was very fast, as it should be for difficult scenes. But the game kept me entertained, which is the main objective. There are LOTS of spiders, snakes, worms, frogs, dead mice and birds, and other creepy critters. They don't bother me in a game. However, if you are very very squeamish about creepy crawlers, you might not like this, particularly the spiders. If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, and you like an interesting story and a different sort of game, I recommend purchasing this. It will keep you busy for awhile!

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jul 4, 11 11:48 AM
Enjoyable! The art work was a site to behold. This is not a particularly difficult game but one does get their hard earned monies worth, it is a lengthy game.

Nothing scary about the game and an older kid just might find the game interesting, it would surely keep them busy for a while.

Should you choose to play may you enjoy as much as I did.

PS I set the screen resolution at 1200 x 768 with the Display set at Smaller. The game however fails to take advantage of widescreen.

[Post New]by LadyXXXHolic on Jul 12, 11 1:46 AM
Let me save you all some time. Play through the demo. There, you've just played the most interesting part of the game. Everything after you help the first wife is dull, quick and uninteresting. The worst part is the ending cause it's so fast and uneventful you feel no satisfaction in finishing the game. It's like the creators gave up after making the first 60 minutes and slapped whatever they could together to call it a complete game. I'd like my money back now.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 10:15 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3.5 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.25 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Oct 5, 11 7:51 AM
hambon wrote:mcurty Stingray

I think if a game is put out as a collectors game it should not be put out as a regular game. Thanks hambon

Hambon,

The reason there are two editions is because not everyone can afford to pay the price of two games for one game. The Standard Edition, without the extras, is released about a month after the Collector's Edition. It is a good policy. People who like to play the games but cannot afford to pay the extra money are given the opportunity to play games without going broke. The people who can afford to pay the extra money get to play games a month earlier than other people and they have bonus content to play, usually.

sudsysuzy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sudsysuzy on Oct 18, 11 3:54 PM
Enjoyable. Lasted 5 days with on-and-off play. Not too much bouncing back and forth. Most situations were logical - a few were way off like the item you feed the leeches. Story was interesting - would have been better with greater integration. Once again, didn't like the hurried ending. Wanted to see Richard get what he deserved. Overall, well worth the price.

avueik
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by avueik on Dec 2, 11 8:41 PM
It's a long long way to the the end. You seem desperate. great game overall. I have no points system. But a 1 of 10 I give ot a 9.

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Dec 22, 11 6:22 PM
I had fun playing the game, but I had a few gripes. The biggest being multiple objects...what I mean by that is during the H0 scenes it may call for a bird...well, there may be 3 birds in the scene, but they are only looking for one. So you click on each, and then get penalized because of multiple clicks.

That is ANNOYING.

The graphics were really nice, and I liked the music okay. The ending was kind of abrupt. LOL

What I really liked was that which inventory item you needed to use was not always clear. It was surprising. They went out of their way not to use the same scenarios all other games use.

So, some good and some not-so-good.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jan 7, 12 12:43 AM
I enjoyed this game.

I played on the easiest setting, as usual, and found it to my liking. The hint button guides you to where you need to be. The Skip button recharges quickly.

The story line was entertaining. The graphics were well done. The music was not too annoying.

My only minuses were that when I logged out and logged back in, it always put the Custom Cursor back on so I had to switch it off. Also the game crashed to my desktop at least three times during play.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jan 7, 12 12:44 AM
I enjoyed this game.

I played on the easiest setting, as usual, and found it to my liking. The hint button guides you to where you need to be. The Skip button recharges quickly.

The story line was entertaining. The graphics were well done. The music was not too annoying.

My only minuses were that when I logged out and logged back in, it always put the Custom Cursor back on so I had to switch it off. Also the game crashed to my desktop at least three times during play.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jan 7, 12 12:44 AM
I enjoyed this game.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 21, 12 6:51 AM
This game is better than I expected, I by pass the CE because after playing the demo I though It was not what i wanted, but after getting the SE and playing this game is just great.

I guess I missed on a great CE with this one.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Apr 14, 12 4:45 PM
I'm still new at playing Hidden Object Games. The main reason I play them is because of the storyline. This game has a very good storyline. There are more places to go than most of the other games I have played. There are a few problems: in some of the hidden object scenes I would have to click on an item several times before it counted. Some of the mini-games were way too easy while others were a bit too difficult for me (perhaps because I was getting tired). The hints pop up a bit too quickly and sometimes give too much info - pointing to the exact area the player should look at carefully. The ending was, as it always seems to be, very short and disappointing (why is that?)

But, overall, the graphics are very good, the storyline is interesting, and I did enjoy playing this game. I purchased it without trying it first and am not disappointed at all. I do recommend it - although it might be too easy for those who have played more than the five or so games I have played.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 12, 12 12:34 AM
An okay game. It took several hours over two days for me to finish it, but I'm not the fastest player. The hint button took a very short time to refill, for which I was grateful as some of the HOS were more difficult than others. However, most of them were moderate to easy. A few of the puzzles were pretty simple to figure out, others I skipped, mainly because I don't like puzzles. Probably everything that's left to say has already been said. I did get quite bored with the last two wives... I think simply just two wives too many due to the devs trying to add to the length of game play. I did buy it, and I'm not sorry I did, but it probably won't be one I'll play again.

ETA: I did like that the sound effects were never intrusive, and the music was quite nice.

You do have to find all the spiders in one of the HOS, which didn't bother me at all but arachnophobes should take heed.

Edited on 05/12/2012 at 12:41:23 AM PST

xmaseve24
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by xmaseve24 on May 19, 12 9:42 PM
I barely got five minutes into this game and had to quit! Loved the look of the game, I think it might be a good one but...

I do not understand the logic of having a click penalty! Especially when you can't even click more than three or four items and BAM, there you are.

Why do the developers think we need policing in this way? I realize it's meant to make us take more time and care, but why? Who cares? To me, the challenge should be about logic, not the mechanics. And logic is not a part of the hidden object portion.

Sorry. Not for me. Uninstalled.

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on May 20, 12 10:26 PM
I just finished the game and loved it. It was worth the $2.99 i paid for it. It would have been worth it at $6.99.

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on May 20, 12 10:31 PM
xmaseve24 wrote:I barely got five minutes into this game and had to quit! Loved the look of the game, I think it might be a good one but...

I do not understand the logic of having a click penalty! Especially when you can't even click more than three or four items and BAM, there you are.

Why do the developers think we need policing in this way? I realize it's meant to make us take more time and care, but why? Who cares? To me, the challenge should be about logic, not the mechanics. And logic is not a part of the hidden object portion.

Sorry. Not for me. Uninstalled.

You missed a good one. Big deal that it freezes when you click too much. I had the same trouble but I bought it and am glad I did.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Jun 1, 12 2:20 PM
It took me awhile to find this game but when I did, it's one of the best games going imho. The mix of the HOS from finding objects to matching objects was different, fun and interesting to play. The music I loved! Fit the game and storyline and to me the music sets the theme of the game..most times.
The HOS were clear, colorful, graphic and uncluttered. Fantastic game. I rate this a . I recommend it highly.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 19, 12 3:59 PM
Got this game today at the 2.99 price, but would have paid full price for it, played from start to finish, so it kept me busy all day, so worth the money.

I don't know if its just me or what, but here latley on BF, I have purchased some pretty AWESOME games, and I include this one, as one of them, GREAT game IMHO .
So I have been excited when writing my reviews, because I've just ENJOYED almost every game that I have purchased, in the past 2 months.
I guess I'm not that picky about certain things, as long as I am not running a relay race, back and forth, to pick up one item, than I'm happy, but I think the developers are really putting in a lot of effort and hard work, to make these games, I can't even begin to imagine, how much work goes into making a game.
So when I feel strongly about a game, I guess my excitement shows , playing computer games is something that has not only been a life saver, it also lifts my spirits, and keeps me from thinking about my constant pain.

I for one, so enjoyed playing this game, the story held my interest, the graphics and artwork were BEAUTIFUL, the music was relaxing, loved the puzzles and mini's.
I don't always like puzzles, but found these enjoyable and different.
My favorite was the portals, each of the different wives just had stunning visuals, in all of their scenes, and the game play just flowed, IMHO.
What I loved also, the developers made it so you didn't have to run a country mile, to find and item, you needed to use, this really made the game, much more fun and one of the reasons, I really liked it, and what made the game play, flow like it did, THANKS Vogat Interactive .
Yes I would have liked more drama, or a bigger climax, at the ending, but I still thought it was a GREAT game.
I do hope these developers come out with a new one soon, will be waiting to buy .

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jun 19, 12 8:24 PM
Just finished the game - really liked it! HOS were a challenge and I had to use the hint button frequently. Games were fun and not too difficult.

Ending was a disappointment, but that seems to be the norm with these games.

Was definitely worth the money!

Go to: