BeanerECMO
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14, 201

[Post New]by BeanerECMO on May 21, 11 10:47 AM
I am having an issue with the bank key code. Although the SG says enter 11186731 (with the code 3825 on the tag), I don't understand what it means to, "Use the guide hanging from the key card to tell you how many times you need to push a button in a certain position."

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14,

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 21, 11 10:53 AM
Down the left is the number on the keypad. To the right of each digit is the number you see on the screen if you press it. Pressing 6 for the first time shows a 3, the second time the number to the right of the 3, etc etc. Pressing 6 for the 5th time starts the sequence again. You need 4 presses to generate 3 8 2 5.

For more help, see the "Can I get a HINT for the bank keypad puzzle?" thread below.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 10:59:51 AM PST

BeanerECMO
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14, 201

[Post New]by BeanerECMO on May 21, 11 12:54 PM
I'm clearly dense on two count: 1) I still don't understand how (why) I would press '6' initially, and 2) I can't find the suggested thread. Thanks for yor patience.

BeanerECMO
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14, 20

[Post New]by BeanerECMO on May 21, 11 3:59 PM
I still don't know how you 'knew' to start with 6; however, I did complete the puzzle after several starts. Thanks for the help. And, I did finish the game. Any hiccups with the game were all caused by me.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 7:53:49 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14, 2

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 22, 11 12:43 AM
3 8 2 5 is your target. If you press 6 once (its first time), a 3 is displayed. [If you press 6 5 times a 3 is displayed. Look at the sheet under 3 8 2 5. Clearer now? ]

The other thread (forum topic) is 5 or 6 below this one, on this forum page.

Here is my post from that thread.

The minimum effort I found was 8 presses. Notice that of 3, 8, 2, 5 you can get three of those from one press on three of the buttons.
You can use any unnecessary digits as spacers. Pressing 9 for the third time gets you a 5 so I pressed 9911 to set it up.

ETA 6 = 3 first, 7 = 8 first, 3 = 2 first, 9 = 5 third -

9, 9, 1, 1
6, 7, 3, 9

~~~~~~~~~

11186731 is being used to set button 1 ready for 5 as its 4th press. 1118 is move 1 along 3 and use a blank. 6731 is as my example above but using 1's 4th press instead of 9's 3rd.

Edited on 05/22/2011 at 12:52:40 AM PST

[Post New]by nickie2010 on May 23, 11 5:42 AM
bought the game it,s good but the updates don,t fix the night drop game can,t move on .

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14, 20

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 23, 11 7:01 AM
nickie2010 wrote:bought the game it,s good but the updates don,t fix the night drop game can,t move on .
Yes, you're right. The freeze at the bank night safe wasn't fixed in the new version. You will probably need to get in touch with BFG CS for a refund. Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink at bottom left, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

[Post New]by stanichlynda on May 23, 11 12:58 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game 3 or 4 times per forum directions. The game is still frozen. What do I do now? If this can not be fixed what will happen? Please let me know. At this time I am going to delete or uninstall this game again.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 23, 11 1:24 PM
The game is still frozen.
Where?

[Post New]by sueycee on May 23, 11 9:11 PM
So glad I purchased after it was fixed. This was a great game, I think one of my favs!

[Post New]by amaranth78 on May 25, 11 6:27 AM
Brittsky wrote:Where do I find the "green envelope"?

I did it a few days ago. while the reply was polite and helpful, there was just too much they wanted me to do in reply so I've given up on the game.

DeijaFIsh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by DeijaFIsh on May 25, 11 4:14 PM
I followed the instructions to uninstall and reinstall and also changed profiles and it makes no difference to the freeze at the bank vault. In addition, when you restart the game in another profile, you hit a snag right early on in the game trying to use the broken knife, as the frog tells you, on the watchmaker's wall cache. Now, the game won't let you use the knife. I was really pleased to see an updated version and wanted to get on with playing this game. Looks like I can't play it at ALL. What a shame.

Deija Fish

bigmac611
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by bigmac611 on May 26, 11 3:50 PM
Reloaded update and still the chains are off center. Can't get by and can't skip. Does that mean I have to start over?

chamie2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by chamie2 on May 26, 11 6:15 PM
brewcan1 wrote:Nice fix.No problems.Thanks people.

Same here; enjoyed the game and the extras - thanks

[Post New]by MigoShieldwalker on May 27, 11 11:29 AM
I did like this game alot, but when I got to the van and the hood closes after getting the fan belt, I am not able to get to the wirecutters. This is essentially a default in the game development and not a technical issue. I did contact CS through the 'green envelope' and followed all the instructions for updating my things and uninstalling and reinstalling...etc. I started a new profile to replay the entirety of the game, and for now, I just can't force myself to go through it all again. I will probably want a refund. In order to play the game successfully I will need to be sure to avoid the game design pitfall that I know about, and research any others that I don't know about. To me, this hasn't been an enjoyable experience, which is kinda sad, because the has great potential to be a stellar game. Face it, if you can't play it, .... It isn't really a game. Best to those who try and succeed.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 27, 11 12:48 PM
bigmac611 wrote:Reloaded update and still the chains are off center. Can't get by and can't skip. Does that mean I have to start over?
If you got the new version you should be able to skip the chains.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 27, 11 12:50 PM
MigoShieldwalker wrote:I did like this game alot, but when I got to the van and the hood closes after getting the fan belt, I am not able to get to the wirecutters. This is essentially a default in the game development and not a technical issue. I did contact CS through the 'green envelope' and followed all the instructions for updating my things and uninstalling and reinstalling...etc. I started a new profile to replay the entirety of the game, and for now, I just can't force myself to go through it all again. I will probably want a refund. In order to play the game successfully I will need to be sure to avoid the game design pitfall that I know about, and research any others that I don't know about. To me, this hasn't been an enjoyable experience, which is kinda sad, because the has great potential to be a stellar game. Face it, if you can't play it, .... It isn't really a game. Best to those who try and succeed.
Isn't a fault in the game a technical issue? If it isn't that to you, what is it? On a more practical note, you should also be able to get a refund via the green envelope. You could probably ask through your existing case.

[Post New]by MigoShieldwalker on May 27, 11 3:52 PM
@Mr. Russ-yes, technically speaking...a fault in the game is a "technical" issue
I was meaning to say that it was the original design of the game and not "technical" as far as computer capability/drivers/operating system, etc. So my point, (not very well-made, I agree) was that the game is designed with the "flaw". And yes, I will ask for a refund through my case ticket. Thanks.

[Post New]by BONNIEDEE43 on May 28, 11 8:38 PM
lirren wrote:I'm having the same problem as smce with the wire cutters. I don't want to replay the entire game when I'm so close to the end just to get to the last bit. This is extremely frustrating. It's like being forced to re-read an entire book when you're at the last chapter because someone ripped out a page.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14,

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 31, 11 5:34 AM
BONNIEDEE43 wrote:
lirren wrote:I'm having the same problem as smce with the wire cutters. I don't want to replay the entire game when I'm so close to the end just to get to the last bit. This is extremely frustrating. It's like being forced to re-read an entire book when you're at the last chapter because someone ripped out a page.
This hasn't been fixed yet. You could either let BFG CS know and wait for one or ask BFG CS for a refund. Use the green envelope on the right for either.
You could always start the game again from the beginning under a new profile and take the wire cutters before you attach the fanbelt.

Edited on 05/31/2011 at 5:35:43 AM PST

Go to: