Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost Chronicles: Fall of Caesar

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on May 29, 11 11:16 PM
I was almost impressed...almost. There was a bug turning Chapter One that keep the task of the SPQR document active for the senate. Then the tutorial arrow and dialogue blocked the rest of the game.

It was an interesting concept. I was really enjoying the game.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 3, 11 10:13 PM
I'll admit this wasn't a stunningly fantastic game, but I didn't think it was horrible either. I liked the fact that it was based on a historical event. A change of pace every now and then from all the ghosts and missing relatives can be nice. I also liked the fact that you could interact with the characters and choose what you wanted to ask them. Was this a must-have game? Unless you're a hardcore history nut, probably not. But it was solid average game in my opinion and worth demoing at least.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Jun 5, 11 11:44 AM
OMG!! What a really short game!! I would not have bought it if I had known!!

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Aug 7, 11 8:51 AM
I played the demo and enjoyed it so bought it and carried on playing straight away.... and then it was over. Far too short a game to be of value. I had no problems with it and sort of enjoyed it although it was overly easy. Sorry but just as you get into the game, it is finished. I would keep this as a bargain buy, only because of its length. The game is well made (some spelling errors in the text) and the music kept returning to original volume if you replayed (on a mac, don't know about pc), but it needs to be longer to be of value.

Edited on 08/07/2011 at 8:54:44 AM PST

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Aug 7, 11 10:27 AM
AWFUL!! Just AWFUL, no way will I buy this mess!

[Post New]by rebelandsmokey on Oct 13, 11 6:31 PM
Awesume really loved this game great graphics be great if there was a sequel i finished it in a few days.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 6, 12 4:22 AM
This game wasn't great but it wasn't bad either, nice graphics, plays like a role playing game at times, some problems here and there but no bad at all.

[Post New]by hideobjectaddict on Jan 28, 12 10:55 PM
cherbtoo wrote:This game is one of my favourite types, a HOPA, but alas I have always found history boring ... well except when written by scarlet_11dy6 ... and playing this game for 3/4 hour did not change my mind and I do not feel any compulsion to go looking for Marcus Brutus.

There are only the basic options available: music, sound, window and custom cursor which started out slightly sluggish but improved.

The graphics are reasonable and the objects not too difficult to find although they were slightly harder when they had an old painting for a background and I used a hint which recharges at 40 seconds. The minigames were easy but did come with a skip button.

Talking of the H0 scenes, when you leave the senate and go into the corridor you break a bust and thus create the background for the objects. One of the items used in this scene was a brazier full of hot coals which is knocked over. Now this brazier is lying on the carpet with its contents spilled and instead of going and dashing for a shovel to scoop them back up with or some water to cool them down and stop setting the carpet on fire what do you have to find ... the usual spider, snake, lizard etc . You even have to rebuild the bust but still leave the coals on the carpet and they are also still there each time you pass that way so ...
why hasn't the Senate burned down?

Sorry devs, not a game for me this time.

Cherb

In your invisible ink writing, AKA: Spoiler Alert, I couldn't agree w/you more cherbtoo!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jan 16, 13 8:30 PM
I'm glad I used my free game on it as it was way to short and the puzzle's didn't explain what you were suppose to do.

Go to: