kboozer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kboozer on May 19, 11 12:43 PM
Loved this game. It was very enjoyable and fun. Can't wait for the next one.

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by eirini51 on May 19, 11 12:47 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/160546.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by eirini51 on May 19, 11 1:00 PM
beautiful graphics as expected. I am however having problems as I cannot find the frog, near the beginning of the game. Eye operation does not help of course.

The strategy guide is pretty useless and really was not worth the price for a "collectors edition". What we really need is a walk through.

[Post New]by TeacherWG on May 19, 11 1:04 PM
You really need a blog walkthrough at least. The strategy guide is extremely frustrating.
This game is not simple because you have to keep checking why you cannot advance.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 19, 11 1:20 PM
Another great game from Gogii. However, the fairy is just plain down right irritating. Dislike the little bugger!!! Please, I cannot stand that thing following my every move. Feels like i am in a kinda fairy police state! A control freak Tinkerbell with an annoying voice!

Long game which is good because we pay twice for these games. However, I am a little annoyed you cannot use your coupons on this game. I misunderstood and thought we could use them as well. Really need to add the coupon option as well.

I do like the difficulty of the game. Did have some problems getting the hang of the game. It is a little different from the rest of the HOGS. Besides the annoying fairy, the game is actually pretty good with good graphics. I saw some did not like the graphics, but for me they were good. I cannot give this an A+ for me because of the some of the irritations in playing the game such as inventory locations and again, that annoying fairy. Grade A-

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on May 19, 11 2:09 PM

Does anyone know if there are any snakes in this game please? I didn't buy the original game because there were in that. Thanks.

Kegggie, there were some snakes to find in the portion of the trial I did, pretty much like the 'evil' things you had to find in the first one.

I probably made the mistake of revisiting the first game, in the knowledge that this was to be released here this week. As a result, I'm all Princess Isabella'd out. Or at least all 'Tinkerbell'd' out!! What an irritating little f.. f.. fairy she is. This will be the first H0 CE that I haven't bought instantly. And probably the first that I won't buy. I'll go back and finish the demo, in an attempt to be won over (I really want to like it), but I think I need a day or two's rest from it to stop shuddering. ..... Maybe I should just take the plunge and buy and do the whole 'desensitising' thing.

<Cryssie shudders off left>

[Post New]by countrydonnie on May 19, 11 2:22 PM
I love playing games and have purchased many of them. This is the first time that the second game in a storyline was horrible. I was very disappointed...didn't even compare to the first story. I really enjoyed the first game alot! Usually they get better with each new release, but I'm going to have to say two thumbs down!

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 19, 11 2:59 PM
I feel an obligation to say "BUYER BEWARE"! This game is FILLED with technical bugs of all types. If you do not believe me, go read the Technical Difficulties Thread for yourself!

I played the demo trial & LOVED the game - FAR, FAR more than the first one, as this one is brighter, more colorful, more interesting, & lovelier all around. NOW, however, AFTER I've bought the game & spent over 8 hours on it (many of those in mega-frustration), I WANT to LOVE this game, I WANT to PLAY this game, I WANT to IMMERSE myself in this game, but it contains so many glitches (including a Strategy Guide that just stops working whenever it feels it should), that I'm feeling fairly hopeless about the whole thing.

Unlike most others, the bright, flashing lights & fairy's lighting don't bother me much. The stupidity & inability of that dragon baby to actually be of any aide is driving me NUTS, however! One task after another says that it MUST be done by the fairy, however, the fairy is long gone & I'm stuck with this newborn dragon who knows nothing, can't do much, & is as dumb as they could have made him.

The music, in particular the "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" song (which is turned into a haunting, minor key, near-constant annoyance, (which has ruined this song, for me, for life!), is sickening. For someone who ADORES babies and young children, hearing the baby cry, when the Princess finds each of her belongings & listening to that nauseating version of a precious toddler's song, are highly disturbing twists to the story that were not necessary to include, IMHO.

Someday, I MIGHT be able to finish this game, but not until a MAJOR technical overhaul is done to it. BFG isn't making any promises, at this point. I usually LOVE Gogii games! I can't understand why their quality assurance team goofed up so massively, on this game?!?!?

I'm THRILLED that it's not filled with all of the nonstop grotesque, gruesome, horror images that most of the HOGS contain, these days. It's more of a standard Fairy Tale, which always has some degree of evil, but not the vicious, blood-thirsty, grisly gunk that seem to be the trend, currently.

Since computer games are a type of art & art's purpose is to reflect life, during it's period of creation, I believe that most gamers are feeling horrified by life, now, so are drawn to the horror themes, for this reason. How sad and disturbing if this is true.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 19, 11 3:17 PM
hawkboy7777 wrote: A fantasy tale with good graphics, easy H0 scenes, and a story that makes sense. I only played for 40 minutes, though because SPOILER: It directed me to the fountain on the right to use a transition potion on the tadpole. And the written hints indicated that it was there. But there was no tadpole in the fountain.

If you like fantasy, fairies, mystical atmosphere, evil spirits, etc., you'll probably like this iHOG. I am basing my comments on this game alone, without comparison to previous games in the series.

Just an FYI - Your SPOILER is inaccurate. It WAS there. It was just VERY SMALL & you needed to do a couple of things to make it larger, using items in your inventory.

P.S. Just wanted to quickly add that the fairy's voice wasn't my favorite but was not a big turnoff, for me, like it was for some. What I apprciated was her helpfulness, since my SG refused to work, once the program got itself messed up by giving me a SIXTH red "gem" to release the butler with, long after the butler had been unfrozen, spoken to me, and left the scene. That additional red "gem"is only one of at least a half dozen technical glitches I have encountered so far. Not being able to use my SG, at all, because it still believes I have not released the butler, has been a major source of frustration. I want Gogii to make more games like this, however, I just want them to actually WORK - be free of megabugs - and to not be so "realistic" as to include the sounds of real children's voices in actual distress. Thank you!

P.P.S ATTENTION ALL OF YOU FRUSTRATED GAMERS!

On Friday, May 20, GogiiGrace (from the developers, Gogii) posted to say that they are aware of the massive number of technical flaws in this game, so have started working on a revised version of the game and will complete it, ASAP! The updated version will include a completely new and different Strategy Guide (that is more user friendly), fix the overly-bright lights and squeaking voices bothering many, and address the other glitches we have each been experiencing. She could not give a specific date as to when the updated/revised version would be available.

The BFG Customer Service staffers are, also, aware of the massive number of tech issues, so have started handing out refunds to purchasers of this game. I have no idea why they are continuing to advertise it so heavily, when they know it is defective, at present. Hopefully, it will all be resolved soon!

Edited on 05/22/2011 at 9:59:36 AM PST

WOOHOO on using Game Credits for CE

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 19, 11 3:30 PM
slinkysmom wrote:A big ty to BFG for finally setting up the option to purchase any and all C/E with games credits and not just cash.
It is nice to see that our feedback does net results.
I will most likely now buy more CE as using game credits is far more inexpensive in long run.........esp with one free game for 6 punch card entries equal 1 free game.
Thank you BFG, you did well!!!

Just a point of clarification for many BFG gamers who are apparently confused about BFG's new policy of allowing 2 CREDITS to be used to purchase a CE of a game, rather than just money/credit cards/etc. BFG CREDITS are not the same thing as BFG COUPONS.

The COUPONS are what we get when we have six punches on our Punch Cards, each month. COUPONS cannot be used to by CE versions of any games. CREDITS are money that you have paid to BFG, in advance, such as the monthly $6.99 that all members pay each month, in order to keep our memberships active. Two CREDITS can be used to purchase CE versions of games - NOT two COUPONS.

P.S. Another FYI for everyone - Today, each of us had our Game Managers uninstalled and replaced with a new one which will allow us to purchase CE games using TWO BFG CREDITS. Since I was having so many technical difficulties, after buying this game (not before!), I brought this Game Manager exchange to the attention of the "Chat Line" Customer Service staffer I spoke with. He explained what the change in Game Managers had been about. Hope that info helps some of you who may be confused regarding Game Manager issues, for today! Have Fun gaming!

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 3:56:38 PM PST

Coachswife
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Coachswife on May 19, 11 3:32 PM
Played for 20 minutes, and I'm not sure, I find it kind of babyish, does it get better?

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on May 19, 11 3:36 PM
I loved the first edition of this game but was a bit disappointed with this one. I will still buy it but when it comes out in SE. Having to wait for the fairy to bring everything to the inventory was a bit aggravating and the game itself seemed a bit scattered to me. I do have to admit that while I played the demo the phone was ringing and my husband and grand daughter were after my attention so that may have been part of the confusion
This game does have a great story and graphics so it is a future purchase but there have been so many very good games lately that I will wait till it costs less to get it.

[Post New]by jazzycat1223 on May 19, 11 4:36 PM
Walkthrough--there is a walkthrough at the game website. princess isabella: return of the curse.

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 4:37:55 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 19, 11 4:40 PM
For those who are interested, found a walkthrough at g _ _ _ _ _ _ o. Game is longer than I thought.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on May 19, 11 4:45 PM
I enjoyed the first game in the series and bought this one as well. I'm enjoying the game and find it pretty straight forward. I like that it tells you when an area is clear. The one thing I don't like is the strategy guide. I actually like that it just gives you little hints that you can continue to click on to get more information but it seems to stop a couple of steps further back than I actually am in the game. It only progresses if you completely finish a task or an area. For example I was wandering around looking for the last mirror pieces when I came to the gate. After moving the skulls around for awhile, I still had no clue as to what they wanted me to do with the gate because nothing was happening and I couldn't match them straight across. I finally went to the strategy guide and it told me to fix the fairy town which was several screens back. I still hadn't found all the mirror pieces and had revisited every screen in the game. I finally shut it down and went to [removed by moderator] to look at the walkthrough to get directions for the gate. Only after that was I able to find the pieces and fix the fairy town.

I buy the CE's for two reasons. One is the extra gameplay and the second is the strategy guide. I only use the strategy guide for a nudge in the right direction or for a how-to on games I can't figure out. I haven't gotten to the extra gameplay yet but the strategy guide in this game is worthless.

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 2:41:34 PM PST

[Post New]by PissyGalore on May 19, 11 4:50 PM
RainbowExplorer, thank you for explaining the new policy regarding buying on "credit" versus being rewarded with "coupons." I had not heard about this new policy that BFG had implemented and am very pleased and grateful that my favorite game site has decided to acquiesce to their members' wishes and granted their requests. This is why I love BFG: the customer service is second to none, the available games are eclectic and has something for everyone, they provide price points for people with discretionary as well as available income, and have daily "sales" to entice members to try new games and genres. Big Fish, I you!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 19, 11 5:36 PM

I tried this game this morning and was just iching for a reason to buy it but, reluctantly, I realized I'd be unlikely to actually play it much due to that darned fairy creature's voice. It was piercing.

I was finding myself getting very nostalgic for the Joe Pesci sound-alike voice of the companion demon in another game. Enough said....

edited to add the name of the great game with the Joe Pesci demon: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 10:55:57 PM PST

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on May 19, 11 9:11 PM
I had good fun playing this game. It took me longer than most H0 games do and the bonus chapter was equal to about 1/3 of the playing time on the regular game which I consider to be good value. I was wishing that a couple of the mini-games had better instructions, but overall, the game steps were pretty easy to figure out.

I am too impatient to play adventure games where you have to wander around and click on everything and I don't like IHOGs that make you travel back and forth for no other reason than to increase the game's playing time. This game had a little travel, but it was logical. I love when the game tells you that you are finished with an area. Again, I know you adventure lovers hate being held by the hand, but I don't like wearing out my tennis shoes.

Unlike many others, I didn't find the fairy or the dragon frustrating or their voices annoying especially since you could click through their dialogue. I did wish that they didn't swoop down in the H0 scenes when you clicked on an item. That was a little disconcerting.

I can't wait to play the next game in the series!

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on May 19, 11 9:38 PM
I just finished the demo and and waiting for the full version. They took out all the "sparkles" and replaced them with butterflies. I agree with many others that I wish there was a way to tone down the fairy, especially during the **** games. Doesn't she ever get tired? I loved the first game and could not wait for the sequel. When I am done I will "chirp" in about my final review. So far....so good!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on May 19, 11 9:44 PM
Played about a half hour of the trial and couldn't get excited about this one. I liked the first one but the really really irritating teeny tiny, little-girl voice of the fairy just makes me want to swat her with something. Or call out the frog.

Couldn't find a clear line of play in this and found myself using the guide because I didn't know what the heck I was supposed to do, besides getting lots of those "ability" signs flashing around. Obviously no buy for me. Much too irritating.

Go to: