tmhall55
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Emma and the Inventor.

[Post New]by tmhall55 on May 20, 11 2:06 PM
simply delightful. loved the story and the smoothness of the game. can't wait until the next one comes out. i will be buying it too...........

tmhall55
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tmhall55 on May 20, 11 2:06 PM
simply delightful. loved the story and the smoothness of the game. can't wait until the next one comes out. i will be buying it too...........

glowfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glowfish on May 20, 11 2:07 PM
Two thumbs down from me. Cliche' storyline, incredibly annoying magnifying glass, and then I quit when I got to the casket scenes. If I have to rummage around with dead bodies it's a definite no-sell for me.

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on May 20, 11 2:52 PM
Only played the demo of the game but found it a bit boring as there was no challenge to it. It is disappointing the game did not have the option to choose not to not have sparkles etc as if the game did not have them would have made it a lot more interesting.

The graphics were good and storyline is the same old scenario of helping a lost relative. Had potential to be a great game but just did not have enough going for it to make me want to buy it

Would give the game a 3 out of 5

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 2:53:46 PM PST

[Post New]by JandySan on May 20, 11 3:25 PM
Way too short -- not worth even the members price.

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on May 20, 11 4:11 PM
I remembered when i got a beta of this game it looked interesting and challenging
with good crisp graphics, good music and was looking forward to its release.Have just
downloaded it and managed at a reasonable play pace to complete the game within approx 2 Hours.What a let down as i thought it looked quite a large game with plenty gameplay.There is no Skip button for the puzzles but they are easy enough anyway and the dreaded sparkles are present with no level of play option in the menu.Graphics
are still good with hidden oblects easy to find , music still good and fits in with scenes.
So heres hoping the follow up is a bit longer with more challenging gameplay!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on May 20, 11 5:43 PM
finished the game in about 1 hr. 40 min. way too short a game for me
it had a good storyline but too much hand holding // sparkles everywhere and telling you what you need for each sparkle especially putting the machine together at the end.

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on May 20, 11 6:59 PM
grannyq wrote:You're right Tredzwater, I used one of my credits and the lenght of this game was disappointing. Would make a great buy for a DD.

I am fairly new to BF and in may threads I read "will wait for the DD". My question is how long before it is likely to be a DD? If it is a long time wouldn't most consider it "old hat" by then?

[Post New]by satexasgirl on May 20, 11 7:40 PM
Not a bad game at all, but it didn't really leave me wanting more. I was quite content to call it quits after 41 minutes (that's how long it took me to complete the sample). No issues with graphics. There were a few small items, but as I've recently played Antique Roadshow, the small items from Emma ain't nothin' compared to that game. I need botox for my eyes now from squinting at the screen. I doubt I'll buy simply because it didn't thrill me. Have a great weekend y'all.

suzeq25
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by suzeq25 on May 20, 11 8:24 PM
This game was a lot of fun...shorter than average and the dreaded sparkles were all over the place, but it still has the beginnings of a good series. The scenes were very well done, clear and very imaginative. I love the whole steampunk vibe, and I hope this is continued into the next game of the series.They also did a great job with the music, which changed depending upon location and not at all distracting.

My suggestions for the next game would be...

- Lose the sparkles!
- Put a little more into the mini-games, they were far and few between and not real challenging.
- Make the game a bit longer, I'm a slow player and I still whipped through it.

Again, I think this game has a lot of potential. It was so creative and visually well done, but seemed to be geared for the novice player. It will be interesting to see what the developers come up with next time.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on May 20, 11 8:31 PM
I beta tested this one for BF...I wasnt too sure on how i felt about this game but after playing it for a bit, it is rather cute...but its simple...a little too much...i am going to wait a day or 2 because i have a feeling a really , really good game is coming ....

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 10:44:08 AM PST

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on May 20, 11 8:34 PM
Cute game but way to short. Finished it in about 1-1/2 hour. Too bad I used my last game credit on it. I would not buy another game from this creator.

dooleyro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dooleyro on May 20, 11 8:35 PM
Incredibly short, finished less than 10 minutes after buying, thus felt a bit ripped off. 1 of 5 stars.

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 20, 11 10:01 PM
Guess Im not in touch with my inner child, coz i just dont find games where I have to play a kid or find Grandpa's appealing .
I prefer a dark fantasy game that has some depth to it with plenty of options to hunt around open draws etc, but as they say we are all different this is just my opinion

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 10:03:08 PM PST

suddensam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by suddensam on May 20, 11 10:21 PM
I enjoyed doing the trial and decided to buy. Where I was disappointed is when the game was over so quickly. Geez, I was just getting into the game and it was over. I like being able to play for quite a few hours or even days, but when I had finished this game in about double the trial time, that to me makes it a waste of money. They should have let the granddaughter go traveling with grandpa when he got back, had a bit of adventure, then there would have been more game play.

Again, loved the game, too bad it is so short!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 20, 11 10:26 PM
I really liked this game but I am a fast player and in the 1 hour demo, I felt like I had made it really far, way too far for where I should be so I checked the walkthrough and there are only 3 chapters and I am in chapter 3 and halfway through it. I feel like someone started this game with great intention but then decided there are too many games with this theme so they scratched this one n went to make another one. I liked how the hidden object scenes were in paintings and other places you wouldn't think to look. I also liked how the cursor changed into a claw grabber kind of thing when you picked up items. I however didn't like all the sparkles or the hand holding but this game was so cute that I didn't even mind it was the missing grandfather theme but its the length. The length is just not worth the money. I thought originally I would just wait til I had a punch credit or it was a DD but its not even 2 hours worth of gameplay. How sad. Im surprised with such a big size game there was so little gameplay. Also, Im surprised they gave us the full hour on mac because with games this short, they usually cut them off after 10 minutes...Sorry developers...you almost had me.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 20, 11 10:26 PM
I really liked this game but I am a fast player and in the 1 hour demo, I felt like I had made it really far, way too far for where I should be so I checked the walkthrough and there are only 3 chapters and I am in chapter 3 and halfway through it. I feel like someone started this game with great intention but then decided there are too many games with this theme so they scratched this one n went to make another one. I liked how the hidden object scenes were in paintings and other places you wouldn't think to look. I also liked how the cursor changed into a claw grabber kind of thing when you picked up items. I however didn't like all the sparkles or the hand holding but this game was so cute that I didn't even mind it was the missing grandfather theme but its the length. The length is just not worth the money. I thought originally I would just wait til I had a punch credit or it was a DD but its not even 2 hours worth of gameplay. How sad. Im surprised with such a big size game there was so little gameplay. Also, Im surprised they gave us the full hour on mac because with games this short, they usually cut them off after 10 minutes...Sorry developers...you almost had me.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 21, 11 4:16 AM
I loved everything about this game except that it is way too short. It should have been at least twice as long. Developers, come on now!!! We will buy these games from you but not for only a couple of hours play.

You are, however, to be commended for creativity, The HOGs are great and I found the whole game rather beautiful.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 21, 11 4:39 AM
I rather enjoy playing this game. The graphics are clean and clear, not only in the main sections but also in the H0 scenes (a big plus).

And I also enjoy the gameplay - love those mini games.
I was a little worried because there is no SKIP button for the puzzles, but I have managed to do them all in the 1-hour demo, which means that I didn`t need any extra instructions, telling me how to go about them.

I finished Chapter 1 in 55 minutes, and although some peeps say that the game is short, for me it will have just the right length to keep me interested throughout the game without getting bored and struggling through it just to finish it, which is the kind of feeling I usually get with games that have 20+ chapters to go through.

This is a buy for me.

[Post New]by slycooper09 on May 21, 11 4:51 AM
im stuck trying . Im on the stove have all the ingrendients but the cabinet wont open

Go to: