Lord_George
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Escape from Thunder Island.

[Post New]by Lord_George on May 22, 11 11:03 PM
It's actually one of the best games that came out recently. The puzzles
are quite simple to be solved and I think you can also find all the articles
without special help.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 23, 11 12:41 AM
I was hesitant to download this game because it was about the lost professor father but um this game is really, really good. I usually don't like cartoon graphics either but I needed a change from the fairy tales/graveyard corpses so I gave this a whirl and I really like it. I can't afford it right now unfortunately but its definitely on the list. I like the storyline and the voiceovers! and the monkey and having so many items that you continually use over n over n over again not that go away and you have to find items just like it later on. I enjoyed laughing at a game and I like the hidden object put things together scenes and this game impressed me even though Im totally over this theme, it didn't even matter once I played this. Thanks developers, now lets get a new theme LOL

edited to make sense. darn meds LOL

Edited on 05/23/2011 at 12:44:44 AM PST

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 23, 11 1:01 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Cartoon like graphics. Funny voice overs and cut scenes. I like the story but the objects and items are hard to see and find, there very un-defined. The hint re-loads fast enough, but the game does lead you through with the sparkles alot. Not a fan of the sparkles. Only one mode to play the game in. Widescreen and adjustable sounds. I like the game o.k. But because of the difficulties in being able to see and find the objects...I won't be paying full price. But I would get this game at DD,COTW. I do think it's worth a try.

I rate this game : PORK BELLY

PORK BELLY:
Maybe a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.
‘ ‘
(o)

You have summed it up well ..
I cant imagine what pork belly would taste like but don't know I wouldnt spend money to get some... like the game really.
Salaams
Love your "piggy" analogies

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 23, 11 1:40 AM
When I read lighthearted, fun, funny it's always worth my time to try it since that's what I look for, that's what I enjoy. I was hesitant though about tiny objects which is my #1 I decided to trial it on my 17" laptop to see if it would go widescreen. That helps with small objects. Well, still had the black bars but actually even the smaller objects weren't that difficult because everything is very colorful and pretty much clearly defined. I was on W7, no drags, moves along nicely but I did have to use 2 or 3 hints per screen. With the time running I don't mind hints and they replenish pretty quick.

I went ahead and d/l on my pc with XP and a 15" screen (which full, displays bigger than the 17" wide laptop. Was able to see a lot more small things, ants, bees, spiders etc. I'm not fond of creepy crawlies but don't see them as real but pictures of snakes, spiders. First thing I'd want to do walking into a tent or jungle is rid the place of them so I do, quickly, hints if needed (ants are tiny but most have color).

Fun, yes, because it's simple enough to flow with the story and move one location to another without getting stuck or frustrated. Silly yes. Of course, lot of it tongue in cheek, natural banter, light sarcasm, but I like silly after all the bloody drama and evil spirits. This will be a good go to game between thinkers, shouldn't have to remember where you were, some thinking yes, putting together objects to complete them (no frags). So far all logical. I like the cartoons as a vehicle to move the story and know the characters and with the whimsical music I'm reminded this isn't meant to be a serious endeavor.

May not have replay value for some, demo on XP the objects did not change from first demo on laptop. But it is a long game, maybe one sitting 4-5 hours or more for me. But by the time I finish and later want another run to rest my mind, I wouldn't remember where most items are anyway.

I stopped playing Allora Broken Portal to buy Notre Dame, like it, interesting tour and history, stopped to try this ETIsland, didn't want to stop so guess I'll buy and if I don't finish, no problem. These kind of games I can resume anytime, very different, Fairy Tale, Church Mystery, and girl with monkey in jungle with weird fantasy "animals" for some scary moments then we got this one eyed monkey out of a comic strip. Hits all moods, tonight I'm in a silly one.
Thanks for the variety. Still waiting for Golden Trails 2

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 23, 11 2:09 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:There are coins to collect throughout the game, 80 in all, and I collected about 3 during the demo. And what does that tell you about how hard they are to spot?

I have no trouble finding the gold coins. Found 3 of them right away in the first scene and 4 more in the second one.

The H0 scenes contained some interactive activity which was a challenge since you had to “assemble” some things to collect the item once it was put together or the combination of items was complete. And doesn’t show you what pieces or items you need, just the name of the completed item on the list, which made it a bit more challenging.

Those objects that need assembling add extra fun, but it`s not really challenging, IMO, because when you hover of the right parts to be assembled your cursor changes into a hand. So you know you have found the correct parts.

--- --- ---

Apart from the graphics, which could have been a lot better, I really like this game. Gameplay is fun, and so are the cut scenes. Love finding the puzzle pieces and having to assemble them, and love finding those coins.

I don`t care for spiders, but as long they are kep at a reasonable size and don`t move, I don`t mind them in the game. Any other creeping, crawling or slithering creatures I have no trouble with.

At first I struggled with the H0 scenes - just couldn`t find the machete - but once I got used to the graphics and images, it was much easier to find the objects.

This is definitely a buy for me.

ETA: Forgot to mention - love the map. It really helps to know where I am, and where I still have things to do.

Edited on 05/23/2011 at 2:10:27 AM PST

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on May 23, 11 5:49 AM
The game was funny and lighthearted. Graphics were ok. The hidden object scenes were not great. Some of the objects were impossible to find (not "sharp" enough or just too small) and I had to use a lot of hints. While there were some sparkles, they weren't too obnoxious. My main problem with this game was that it was boring. Deleted it after 20 minutes of play.

eglianna
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by eglianna on May 23, 11 8:26 AM
Need a reset button

eglianna
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by eglianna on May 23, 11 8:26 AM
Need a reset button

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on May 23, 11 1:37 PM
this is my third time of RE WRITING this!...need to think about taking 'time out' from bfg before any harm comes to my puter!...so here is what i wrote on game...is it memorized...well heck yeah!
spiders, snakes and mean purple dragons!...oh my!
black on black, green on green, and brown on brown!...click click click, all around!
so what if heroine is again searching for dear ole dad, her attitude is adventureous!
so what if the cranky side-kick is well..cranky!...got left fixing the plane, he would have been a 'wet blanket' anyway
the darling monkey named 'marbles'...who knew he could rescue the girl from that mean ole kitty!
so...some things are 'blurred' but how exciting to see the arrow do a 'spin'...like having your own 'fireworks'...great to have tools in inventory that tell you what and how it works...and the 'sparkles'...well i kinda like them, better then a little voice telling you 'a smart aleck' remark of 'why u can't figure it out'...even got a 'map' so u have no need to wear out your tennis shoes!
am going to buy...
simple..yes!
but...simple is good...

kboozer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kboozer on May 23, 11 1:44 PM
Really enjoyed this game. Thank goodness for the walkthrough (which I HATE to use)but, I did get stuck at the beams of different colored light puzzle.

Thanks to all of you who do reviews for all of the games. It helps in making my game choices.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on May 23, 11 11:43 PM
I too really enjoyed this game. Like most of the puzzles. Had to work at some of the solutions and liked that. There were sparkles but not enough, for me, to spoil the satisfaction of figuring things out. And frankly, these old eyes needed some of the sparkles to find some of the items that were half buried in many cases.

I don't play with the sound on so can't comment on that. But i did enjoy the story. I don't mind someone searching for a relative. AFter all you need a reason for the quest or you might as well have stayed home.

The only thing I didn't care for were the beige yellow and brown mural jigsaws. I had trouble seeing the image but I suppose that was the point.

If you are looking for a fun game that isn't scary, doesn't take itself seriously, and can provide a number of hours (I am generally a fast player and it took me around 5 hours to finish) of entertainment, do give this a try.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 24, 11 1:50 AM
Hesitated at first but I bought it, just finished it and it's a very good game (in my opinion !), long, humourous, quite liked the music too. Collected over 80 coins so got my little reward (won't say what). Loved the way the chapters ended, like in ancient TV series, the voice is great then. You really have to search every inch of each scene or you can easily miss an item. Enjoyed the tiles' games but really sweated with the beams lights over the altar, took me an awful long time to sort it out and I still don't know how I did it. I really wished there was a reset button. Forgot to say : there's no skip button, but this mini game was the only tricky one, at least for me. I very nearly gave up then. The girl did get on my nerves but I guess that was the point. Thought the monkey, Marbles, might have been a little prettier.
A good, long game and a SE too, PLEASE, just one more like this one before the end of the month so that I can use my last pc credit.

nan1022
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by nan1022 on May 24, 11 7:03 AM
Just finished the game and really enjoyed it. Cut scenes a little hokey, but kept moving through at a good pace. Puzzles were not over the top, liked that there was no skip option, made you work it through to go on. I am an hidden object junkie and purchase regularly. Looking forward to the sequel.

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 7:06:44 AM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 24, 11 12:13 PM
This is very similar to the old serial movies that used to play in between feature films 1910-1950ish. Before TV, there was film and we got news, cartoon, short features as well as long from it. Too funny. I adore the main character, as she is similar to Pauline from "The Perils of Pauline." The grapihcs and art are not the greatest, but it's bit of fun.

This game is a B-.

judithd
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by judithd on May 24, 11 6:59 PM
What an absolutely delightful game! Easy with a bit of challenge, funny, light-hearted. Appealing plot. Not endless **** scenes. Thank you for a restful experience.

[Post New]by kangaroo555 on May 24, 11 9:55 PM
I had so much fun with this game! Though different from the Syberia series, I loved this one just as much. Marbles was hilarious. Was a bit disappointed after collecting 80+ coins to just get a teaser for the next one in the series, but oh well, there are worse things in life. Hope the developer keeps Marbles in the next one, loved that little guy!!!

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on May 24, 11 10:48 PM
Quite enjoyed this game, graphics were okay, some of the objects a bit tricky to see. Not too many hidden object scenes, lots of puzzles pieces and objects to collect then puzzles to solve and objects to use to advance further.

A reasonbly good length to the game as well

Feel it was worth the money spent

Would give it a 3&1/2 out of 5

Manquena
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Escape from Thunder Island.

[Post New]by Manquena on May 28, 11 2:57 PM
DeadRiver wrote:Comments and Reviews for Escape from Thunder Island.

I loved tis game. Lots of fun, some funny action, not too easy and not too hard. Well worth the price!

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Jun 4, 11 5:35 PM
I've played the other 2 games from Big Finish, sorry to say this game is bad. Graphics not clear on 1920X1200 display, items small, ugly looking comics. Boring story that's been used 100 times! I just finished played Love Chronices 2 and decided to give this a try, couldn't stand it after 10 mins and deleted. I know one is a CE, not fair to compare, but this one is just awful.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jun 6, 11 9:41 PM
I wanted to like this game but I was having problems with it.

If I clicked on an item, a white dot would appear, and just stay there for about 4 seconds. When a remark would show above the inventory display, it wouldn't disappear quickly and there was no way to click it away. While that was showing, there was no way to maneuver to another scene in the game.

Looks like an amusing game, but the problems I'm having with it are leeching the fun from it, so it's a no-go for me.

Go to: