Re:Post any Tearstone technical issues here only

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 31, 11 2:56 PM
Wow I could not pick up the saw and knife either. reason? we have to pick them up out of the yard first. That was a bit confusing but seems like a cool game, might just buy it.

[Post New]by Ginlee on May 31, 11 4:37 PM
Chapter Five lost the hands to clock unable to go forward. I restarted game under new profile now I can't get past the tutorials knife and saw......what's the problem any fixes yet?

meyofa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by meyofa on May 31, 11 4:48 PM
CLOCK HANDS!!! I went against my usual rule of restarting based on the notice from BF that the issue was reported to the devs and the issue could be solved by starting the game under a different profile. Got to place the clock hands and set the orrect time but then could not move out of that room. Used a hint to ensure I did not miss anything but still had to use the menu to exit out of the room. Guess what-lost the freakin clock hands--AGAIN!! I am so over it. Very frustrating.

Spykm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Spykm on May 31, 11 6:26 PM
mr7933 wrote:
misty5 wrote:I hit a glitch in chapter four -- can't complete the "power supply" puzzle needed to power the elevator. After working on it for a while, the pieces I had placed on the board froze into position so couldn't be moved around anymore to try different configurations and the remaining pieces didn't fit in the spaces that still needed to be filled. So I hit the "skip" button thinking that would solve it for me, but it just made all those unused pieces disappear, leaving empty spaces still on the board. And the elevator still won't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that brought me back to the hinky puzzle exactly as I'd left it so I guess I'm stuck. Too bad, because I was enjoying it. Oh, well -- there are other things to do on holiday. Have a good one!

Same problem here. I feel like I wasted my free game on this one because I can't finish it. Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.

I am having the very same problem; after working the puzzle a lot, finally hit the Skip button which 'solved' it, but the puzzle is missing 2 pieces, so the elevator cannot be accessed. Was a fun game up to this glitch.

Edited on 05/31/2011 at 6:27:56 PM PST

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on May 31, 11 6:27 PM
I am having the exact same glitch as other posters where in chapter 4 I tried to solve the power puzzle to the elevator. After a little while I noticed that trying to remove some pieces would go back to their slots but others were "stuck". Then I got frustrated and clicked the "skip" button and thought yay but it auto finished some slots and then one of the empty holders showed -1 while others were 0 yet the puzzle is not finished.
I have exited the game, clicked hint, clicked skip button again but this seems totally frozen unsolved!
I have already had to restart once before because after the demo my profile went back to tutorial..... If I have to restart this again I am going to be very irritated!
I stopped purchasing Big Fish this year and have let my game club credits build up. But one of the first games Ive purchased in 6 months does this? And I have a brand new less than one month old computer so it's not because it's ancient lol.
Sigh...........

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by diji on May 31, 11 6:40 PM
I cannot believe that I have lost my clock hands! I put them on the clock and had to leave, closed the program and now when I go back the hands are gone! checked every site to see if I could find them again but no! ARGH! Very frustrating! Now I can't go any further without them! VERY DISAPPOINTED!

bigfisherz
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bigfisherz on May 31, 11 7:06 PM
Stuck @ the Queen's Crown. It won't let me back to the bed post area to retrieve the crown's jewels. Anyone else have this problem? I have been over and over the walkthrough......ughh so frustrating!

Edited on 05/31/2011 at 7:06:43 PM PST

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on May 31, 11 9:04 PM
gnewburn wrote:when making the cross for the monk..all of the cross pieces are checked off...but cant pick up the rubies...is this a glitch in the game ?

Took me a while to work this one out and I also thought it was a glitch but you will find the last ruby behind something, (HINT: you need to use the lighter from your inventory). Hope this helps

nyyykfan
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by nyyykfan on May 31, 11 9:05 PM
I to have the "disappearing" clock parts. I went to check to see what the proper time should be from the blog walk through. Came back and no clock hands. I have a HP laptop G60 series with windows 7. Not sure if Exploer 9 has anything to do with the current problems??? I hope that they can solve the problem or give us credit for another game.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jun 1, 11 2:04 AM
I also lost my clock hands, and I didn't even leave the game. I checked to see if I needed to do anything else in that area, and it said no. So I moved on. When I came back they were gone. What the heck is going on with the games, lately? I however will not start over. If there is no fix, I will be asking for a refund. I am sick and tired, of this happening. I guess that will teach me to buy a game, before coming to the forums. I also saw a thread the developers have about this game. Someone asked, what is up with the clock hands, and they were told to contact BFG CS. What the heck, aren't they the ones who have to fix it? It is my understanding this is their first game. Well you know what they say, you only get ONE chance to make a good first impression.......

Edited on 06/01/2011 at 2:05:22 AM PST

marl99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by marl99 on Jun 1, 11 3:39 AM
althea2770 wrote:Hi, I love the game. I am having a problem, I am in chapter 5, up to where you put the hands on the clock, I did that fine, but had to camp for a bit. Came back, clock hands are missing and not in my inventory, and can't back track to repeat to get them again. So I can't move forward in game. Just thought I would let you know there is a problem there, at least for me.

marl99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by marl99 on Jun 1, 11 3:41 AM
althea2770 wrote:Hi, I love the game. I am having a problem, I am in chapter 5, up to where you put the hands on the clock, I did that fine, but had to camp for a bit. Came back, clock hands are missing and not in my inventory, and can't back track to repeat to get them again. So I can't move forward in game. Just thought I would let you know there is a problem there, at least for me.

I too have this problem, had to leave the gamw just as I had put the hands on the clock. When I went back into the game the clock hands have gone and cannot move on. Please help

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 1, 11 5:16 AM
meyofa wrote:CLOCK HANDS!!! I went against my usual rule of restarting based on the notice from BF that the issue was reported to the devs and the issue could be solved by starting the game under a different profile. Got to place the clock hands and set the orrect time but then could not move out of that room. Used a hint to ensure I did not miss anything but still had to use the menu to exit out of the room. Guess what-lost the freakin clock hands--AGAIN!! I am so over it. Very frustrating.
You left the game by going back to the menu. You can ALT-TAB to move to something else but you can't leave the screen in the meantime.

Once the hands are on you need to use the wheels to the right to set the time before you exit the screen.

Edited on 06/01/2011 at 5:17:37 AM PST

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Jun 1, 11 5:40 AM
misty5 wrote:I hit a glitch in chapter four -- can't complete the "power supply" puzzle needed to power the elevator. After working on it for a while, the pieces I had placed on the board froze into position so couldn't be moved around anymore to try different configurations and the remaining pieces didn't fit in the spaces that still needed to be filled. So I hit the "skip" button thinking that would solve it for me, but it just made all those unused pieces disappear, leaving empty spaces still on the board. And the elevator still won't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that brought me back to the hinky puzzle exactly as I'd left it so I guess I'm stuck. Too bad, because I was enjoying it. Oh, well -- there are other things to do on holiday. Have a good one!

This is my second time through the game - it didn't happen the first time, but it happened the second and there's no way to get around it - no "reset" puzzle button - so it looks like the only way around it is to start again with a new player - ugh.

[Post New]by HOAdventureFan on Jun 1, 11 5:52 AM
I did the trial and then bought the game. I had to start over from the beginning (FRUSTRATING!!!) I also had problems with items in inventory that I would then find in the game but could not click on. Um, because the game still had them on screen and also in my inventory???? Wierd!
TOTALLY frustrating is the diary and the help button. They may as well not be there!!! They don't tell you anything and don't help with anything (unless you're in a **** scene and need to find an object.) Otherwise.....no help.
Also, most of the puzzles and riddles have **** "help" instructions as to what to do to "play" the game and no "skip" button when you get frustrated and stuck. How frustrating is that??? I don't like skipping puzzles, but I would also like to know what I'm supposed to do to solve them!!! The walkthrough finally helped a little but left out a lot of key information that could have provided into as to HOW to solve the puzzles instead of just saying "SOLVE THE PUZZLE AT THE DOOR". How lame is that?
Overall, it was a good game, but it could have been a GREAT game if only they worked out the glitches, made the help button and diary more user friendly, and fixed the areas where the game would freeze up so you had to power down your computer and start over!!!!!!

River05
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by River05 on Jun 1, 11 7:32 AM
I am still stuck on the opening screen with the tutorial, it asks to pick up a knife and a saw, I click and nothing happens,I uninstalled game 3 times and nothing?I can only use the menu screen.

River05
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by River05 on Jun 1, 11 7:41 AM
oops, I am having a senior day! I should of read. Thanks phoenix-rising,
it worked. Off to pay!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jun 1, 11 10:14 AM
I set the clock before I moved to another scene, and they still vanished. So that is not the problem. The game has a glich, plain and simple. I stayed in that room with the clock, after I set it for about 15 minutes. I finally clicked on the hint button, and it said there was nothing more to do.

fancycjd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by fancycjd on Jun 1, 11 12:43 PM
CiChDa wrote:Clock hands disappeared when I left game to consult the walkthru on proper placement of the hands. As I said in my other email, I am one that does not play a game twice and would be surely disappointed it I can not finish this game. It is brilliant! Please advise me on what to do. Sincerly

BlueDeuce
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by BlueDeuce on Jun 1, 11 1:44 PM
maabea9116 wrote:I am having the exact same glitch as other posters where in chapter 4 I tried to solve the power puzzle to the elevator. After a little while I noticed that trying to remove some pieces would go back to their slots but others were "stuck". Then I got frustrated and clicked the "skip" button and thought yay but it auto finished some slots and then one of the empty holders showed -1 while others were 0 yet the puzzle is not finished.
I have exited the game, clicked hint, clicked skip button again but this seems totally frozen unsolved!

Yep, me too, exact same scenario...this is the first glitch for me (obviously haven't gotten to the clock hands yet). I did uninstall and then re-installed but no change. Cannot go any further.

Go to: