Prttyysadms
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for LandGrabbers

[Post New]by Prttyysadms on Jul 12, 11 10:15 AM
I think this is one of the most different but interesting games that BFG has put out in quite awhile. I totally loved this game, I have not played one like it, some close but not like this one. I can only hope they come out with another Landgrabbers 2 and it be soon! Thanks BFG for yet another wonderful game!

[Post New]by MistyDonovan on Jul 14, 11 5:35 PM
I love it. I have now played it through to the end more than twice and then went on to beat it on it Colonel level. I have yet to finish it on the most difficult level I think it is the General level but I am still trying and have yet to get bored with it. I want more games like this and I do not think that MPK or RR are much the same but I like those games too.
To get going remember to be patient and read all the messages they tell you about certain buildings (Castles are stronger buildings(it takes alot to bring it down, the Stables are faster armys and the Armory buildings are Stronger armys) but also remember that can upgrade to fifty on all buildings after the third level I think it could be the fourth. If this doesn't help then watch the other armys to see what they do. And you have to have a different stragy for each board. LOVE THIS!!!

Koffie99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Koffie99 on Jul 17, 11 1:38 AM
This is a totally addictive game! It is one of the best games I have ever played and I still need my 'fix' every day! Played under 7 different player names and the challenge to complete each level, even on Colonel (not attempted General yet) is irrisistable.
Hope they are working on Landgrabbers 2!

sm823
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by sm823 on Jul 23, 11 8:52 PM
pjplanner wrote:This game has the potential to be a really good fun game but it is way too hard after level 7. The enemy seems to be able to upgrade and increase its army way faster than I can so I am unable to defeat them. Whilst I still have only two buildings and am desperately trying to upgrade them so they are stronger, the enemy (three of them!) have already established a huge fighting army - I am at a loss to how I can survive more than a few minutes. This is so frustrating and I am fed up with it already.

Totally agree, word for word. And I didn't even make it as far as you! Still stuck on Forest level 8.

[Post New]by gamemonkeyb on Jul 25, 11 10:41 AM
This game is actually pretty simple. None of the levels actually require the powerups to beat till one of the last 5 levels in the last zone. This is your basic war of attrition game, which means production rate and garrison cap are the 2 most important factors. Every building in the game produces at the same rate (except for towers, which do not produce at all), so the early game is about grabbing up as many buildings as you can as quickly as possible to get your overall production rate up. Basic pointers for every level:
-Only upgrade your garrison cap in a building early game (before you have 4-6 buildings) if you need to do so to be able to accumulate enough troops to take a nearby building.
-When attacking, do not attack in waves, try to bunch your troops up. 1 group of 75 troops will perform better than 4 waves of 25 troops each.
-Once you have 2-3 buildings, start to look for and capture choke point (points where multiple paths join) buildings and start trying to upgrade them to max to make them fortresses. Never have less than 25 troops in a choke point building once you have it fully upgraded.
-Try to take every tower you can, but make sure to upgrade them as fast as possible. Towers under level 5 are nearly useless due to the fact that their rate of fire is terrible and they don't regenerate troops.
-The late game is all about dropping the enemy garrison cap. Remember that every troop the enemy spends upgrading a building is a troop that isn't attacking you, so if you can just keep grabbing buildings to knock them back down to level 1, even if you don't manage to hold them, you will be wearing the enemy down as even after he recaptures the building, he will be spending the next few minutes' worth of troops upgrading it. The more of his buildings you can keep at level 1, and the more of your buildings you can keep at level 5, the sooner you will win.

The AI also does some really stupid things that you can exploit. One of the biggest is that the AI, when you are close to or ahead of them, will send just the right amount of troops to attack you at the time the troops are sent, not taking in to account the fact that over the time it takes to march to your building, you will have more defenses than it can handle. You can exploit this by dropping the population in one building to bait the enemy in to a losing fight, then attacking the building the enemy attacked from while its troop count is low.

intrestra
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by intrestra on Jul 29, 11 9:59 PM

This really surprised me....

I really liked this game it was fun and action packed - have played it a couple of times all the way through and am looking forward to the third time - cant say that for a lot of the other games I have purchased and played... not what I normally play - nice change.

Happy gaming all!

Edited on 07/29/2011 at 10:01:46 PM PST

[Post New]by TheZaz on Aug 1, 11 10:37 AM
I personally thought Big Fish did an epic job of balancing level difficulty. I was saddened to see so many people complaining about this.

Three seperate difficulty modes were made. As the modes increases in difficulty three things happen, the AI gets significantly smarter, you get less artifact usage, and the time you have to beat shrinks to something bordering impossible.

With these three modes it's like three games in one. Take a challenging level like Desert 9. Even though you have the ability to "freeze" your opponents towers this level is rough to get through. Just when you think you've got it all figured out you try it in general mode and you'll wonder how it's even possible.

This varying difficulty levels allow the game to be fun for a novice yet challenge an expert. Well done Big Fish!

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Aug 2, 11 3:37 PM
TheZaz wrote:I personally thought Big Fish did an epic job of balancing level difficulty. I was saddened to see so many people complaining about this.

Three seperate difficulty modes were made. As the modes increases in difficulty three things happen, the AI gets significantly smarter, you get less artifact usage, and the time you have to beat shrinks to something bordering impossible.

With these three modes it's like three games in one. Take a challenging level like Desert 9. Even though you have the ability to "freeze" your opponents towers this level is rough to get through. Just when you think you've got it all figured out you try it in general mode and you'll wonder how it's even possible.

This varying difficulty levels allow the game to be fun for a novice yet challenge an expert. Well done Big Fish!

I totally agree. It IS like 3 different games. You have time to plot out moves in Lieutenant (and can even try various ways to beat the level). By the time you get to General, you just have to go, go, go. Personally, I don't like the General levels because I don't like click-tastic games but, hey, it's there for when I'm feeling overly caffeinated!

Even with that, I can't stop playing this game. I keep trying different things on different levels. So HOORAY to the developers.

[Post New]by Rabid_Chipmunk on Aug 9, 11 4:12 PM
If you are looking for a challenge in a strategy game and can move quickly, this in an excellent game. I wasn't going to buy any more games but when I did the trial on this one, I had to get it. Some people are complaining about it being very hard. It is hard until you learn how the game is played and if you don't do well with quick thinking strategy. It is a strength of mine and so I've been beating the "best" time by half most of the levels. I am still finishing the Lt. difficulty but it is very possible to win easily at LT. difficulty in this game if you learn the game. Certainly not for everyone or someone who wants things slower paced but this is an unique game that is well worth playing for the strategy fans.

[Post New]by bigboomer on Aug 9, 11 4:28 PM
too all those on the fence. I wasn't sure I would like it after the first few levels but then once I realized I really did have to implement more strategy (towers are important) you might say I got landgrabbed and have been enjoying the game ever since. Yes I did get frustrated with the game and still do but that's part of it and you feel rewarded once you conquer the lands. So hang with the game and purchase it as I think I will definitely grow on you.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Aug 13, 11 6:26 AM
Best game I've played since my RTS days with Dark Reign and Starcraft. At first General mode seems impossible and just about clicking fast, but I've found that there is still lots of strategy and tactics if you stick with it and look deeper. I have 10 more General stars to go and the game is as addictive now as when I started about two months ago.

noyb
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by noyb on Sep 20, 11 8:59 PM
Finally finished general level and got all awards. Hah! Had to post because it felt like at least fireworks (real!) should explode, the world should shift on its axis. Ok, not quite, but my goodness what a hard game.

For those of you who feel (as I did) that it is impossible to get awards - not impossible, but really REALLY hard. Move fast, then move even faster.

Great Game!

[Post New]by Tishatink on Sep 20, 11 10:21 PM
I love this game. Gets a little challenging at Col. and General Level. Wouldn't mind a Landgrabbers II...

[Post New]by johnsonfamnyc on Sep 26, 11 10:03 PM
This game got me good. Addicted!!!! It's like Risk, my husband says, though I never played. The horn blowing "din-din-diiiinnnnn!!" rings through head all day. LOL I've been playing for about 2 weeks. I have 1 level left to beat general star on then I'll have completely beat the game. Lava 8, I think. It's refreshing to be so challenged with a game!

I think it's definitely one of those take-the-time-to-get-to-know-it type games. At first, I was slightly confused and even a little disappointed. Then it all came together how it works. Now, it's simple gameplay (simple, not easy). And super exciting!

TWO THUMBS UP!!! And yes please. Would love a Landgrabbers 2!

Words that describe the game IMO:

Unique
Fast
Strategic
Fun
Addicting
Rewarding

Edited on 09/26/2011 at 10:11:46 PM PST

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Nov 14, 11 4:56 AM

I have enjoyed the game but got frustrated with the difficulty starting at Forest 9 and Desert 1 the first time through. As I gained experience however I learnt to beat the game but still there were some very hard levels and I became impatient to move on.
I analysed the save game and managed to find out the numbers representing the strength of buildings and the number of troops. In this way I was able to set up new situations and map out the levels. Like having a whole set of new games . Imagine being able to set a level 5 castle so that it has 30000 troops (which are steadily whittling away unless you use them) This gives you access to a blitzkreig type attack where you are sending 200 or 2000 troops at a time to each location on the map. How fast can you take over the level????

Another variation is where you have yellow, green and blue on the same level. If you can take over 3-4 buildings and max them out and manage to isolate yourself from the rest of the game through a choke point, you can sit back and see which of the other three is eventually victorious.
Want to see if you can influence it a bit ? Once you have accumulated enough gold you can apply some of the power ups to assist one colour or another, just when they are attacking an enemy. Eventually when one of the colours are victorious they will then concentrate on eliminating you. So the game has more potential yet while you are waiting for Landgrabbers 2.

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on Nov 22, 11 2:57 AM
This is one of those rare... 'go-back-to-time-and-time-again' games. You know, you play and play and play, then a new game comes out... WOOHOO. Download that, finish or get bored, look down your list and this is the one you go back to. Play this in between all other games... Have managed 2 stars on all levels, but the times look impossible for most of the top level...
.... I did a google search for LG2 and guess what I saw? YEEEEHAAAAA!!! I saw, I saw, I saw..... absolutely nothing. Sorry. tee hee hee... I am dreaming of the day. I probably wont even demo it. Just buy and get into it... take the day off work for it, kiss my cat for it... Sorry, gotta stop typing and get back to the game...

Edited on 11/22/2011 at 2:58:45 AM PST

[Post New]by Dead_Bob on Jan 16, 12 2:03 PM
I absolutely LOVE this game. I get so tired of Hidden Object games and this was a very pleasant change. There are levels that can be tough but really the best strategy is ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! Use the special abilities and take out the smaller houses and the towers first.

[Post New]by bobbit11 on Feb 22, 12 7:00 AM
i keep playing this game over and over...i can not believe you all cant get past a certain level! i couldn't either but then i just went back to it later and tried again. please please put more games like this.
upgrade the stables asap. and castles. or if you have a tower you can possess keep repeating upgrading on these and then attack. (its pretty hard to get past you with a tower unless they have a lot of horses)
if you cant get by one way then go the other way, it usually works. (its clever that way
if you start with a 20 and there is a house with 10 attack that first. it takes 2 clicks of the left mouse. then go for the next smallest house...you will soon build an empire and defeat.my husband has banned me from playing this game because i click too much. i have rationed myself

[Post New]by bobbit11 on Feb 22, 12 7:07 AM
actually i only read the first page...you guys on page 4? seem to have got through the levels. i got really p*^&%d off with this game which was why i like it..MORE

[Post New]by bobbit11 on Feb 22, 12 7:07 AM
actually i only read the first page...you guys on page 4? seem to have got through the levels. i got really p*^&%d off with this game which was why i like it..MORE

Go to: