bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 2, 11 12:34 PM
I enjoyed this game very much the story is the old familiar but it's not too dark & eerie . The SG was the usual type . I had tried the first one but the c/e froze up on me. This will be a buy for me too

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 2, 11 1:12 PM
CasualGran wrote:Another CE.... hm... runs a bit clunky, IMO. You click something and have to wait a while untill something happens. Not too obviously, but to me it feels that way.
Story. A bit same old same old. Castle on a island, cursed by some witch and you're asked by the princess to help her solve it. While at it you have to collect rosepetals and use the rose for a magical task.
Based on playing the demo it seems a nice game, but as yet I'm not convinced it's worth the CE price.
Maybe I'll just wait some more to read more comments and reviews. Maybe I'll even wait untill somebody has finished it and tells us about it.

On with playing The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship which looks and plays better.

See you later fishies. Enjoy your free days (if you have 'em of course )

CasualGran

The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship is only one of three games that I have EVER given a five star rating so I'm right there with you. And it was an SE!! Imagine that! Actually, I have only ever given ONE CE 5 stars and that was Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker. The others are not worth the extra price, IMHO.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 2, 11 1:18 PM
patcam52 wrote:I like this game. What was the first one's name so I can look it up? I only wish I could use coupons to get it, I have about 4 coupons they just sent me but they are worthless on anything except the $6.99 games and you can't combine them to get a CE. You have to use credits, so I have 4 of these coupons good I think it said til July and nothing to use them on.

I have had coupons expire and have emailed customer service and they have extended for me. If that happens to you, I urge you to do the same. You earned those credits! Don't give them up without at least trying with customer service for an extension. They are really good about working with you. Hope this helps!

P.S. IMHO, punch card credits SHOULD NOT EXPIRE. A year is a good length of time I think, in which to use them. I think I will send Customer Service a message and suggest that...

Anyway-hope this helps you and anyone else that is or has faced expiring coupons!

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Jun 2, 11 1:24 PM
I enjoyed this game a lot. Liked it much better than the first one. Cool graphics, cool story, puzzles were just right (only had to skip one). Just the right amount of hidden object scenes and the bonus chapter was really cool too.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 2, 11 1:30 PM
Well. Finished it. Can't really say how long it took, as I kept breaking off to do other things, but I'd say 5/6 hours, playing on advanced. not rushing, and trying not to skip puzzles.

I find it very frustrating when there is no RESET button for the puzzles, because sometimes I like to start over, if I feel I've made a mistake.

For me, I much preferred the first one in this series. I like FR0GS, and I like MAPS (No map in this one - but then you don't really need one!) There were too many H0G scenes in this for me. Hopefully they will revert BACK to the way the first one was done for number 3??

I too received my punch card coupons today, but as they don't expire until 31st July, I am hoping for something decent to use them on in the next few weeks

Kel

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 2, 11 1:58 PM
I have had a chance to play about an hour of the game. The graphics are beautiful as usual for the CE's. There is no voice and for the price I feel there should be voice. The game is way to easy for me. The puzzles are those we have seen before on one level or another, but none require any thinking power. Rather disappointed because at this price I expected more. Don't get me wrong, in comparison of the HOGS we have had from BF lately, this is certainly much better, but for me, this game is overpriced. In the past, this would have been a regular HOG, and absolutely should nor be priced at $13.99. Grade: B

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 2, 11 2:42 PM
I really enoyed my demo, but again, no information on length of game. One of the things I base my purchases on, especially CE versions, is length. Since there isn't a walkthrough and the strategy guide only shows chapter 1, I can't tell how long the game is so it is a "no purchase" for me.

The game itself is good. I played the advanced mode. Sort of dark in the graphics arena and some of the objects were difficult to find on my notebook (blended too well into the background). Still, overall an enjoyable game for me. Most likely will purchase as a SE, but I'm not sure it is worth the cost for a CE.

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jun 2, 11 3:45 PM
I absolutely love this series. This game is just as inventive as the first one. Although perhaps it couldn't properly be called a FROG, still one does get to assemble these lovely contraptions from various things collected, and where do these folks get their imaginations? I would class it a bit beyond the average interactive and closer to a FROG, though the pieces to put together are not fragments.

I delighted in all the wonderful things to see and experience--like the mobile house, for example--what a hoot! As someone who has an appetite for and attention to detail I was in HOG heaven with all these creatures and new things to discover in each scene.
Keep them coming, I'll be buying every game when they're this high quality.

Appreciating you,
Sheila
By the way, I have Windows 7 and the game played beautifully.
Oh, and the bonus play on this game is one of the longest, most detailed yet. Well worth the extra fee, IMHO.

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 3:48:46 PM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jun 2, 11 3:56 PM
campfire29 wrote:LOL I've had med. terminology and totally agree

lol I just finished my medical billing/coding certificates and I agree with knowing more about those than half of the acronyms in here. I still want to know what an LFA stands for lol I keep trying to figure it out. The A is for adventure right? I might have missed it in the other forum, my memory is bad I can't remember what one I asked the question in hahaha

sorry this isn't really a comment/review although I did like the game & hopefully it comes out on SE soon. oh & in regards to punch credits, every month when Im in between games I go back in and start downloading random ones I never noticed before or never thought to play and I put them all on a list. Ones I'd purchase during a sale, ones Id wait for DD or punch credit etc and then I always seem to be able to redeem my coupons on time. Theres lots of games I have overlooked over the years and my tastes have changed so more appeal to me now hope that helps.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Jun 2, 11 4:57 PM
Comments on Demo:

I have the same mixed feelings as gingergal and others here have already expressed.

It’s strange because if you ask me, I’ll tell you that I don’t really like FROGs but, I own and love several of them. Usually, I love them in spite of the FROGs.

The 1st Love Chronicles I guess was one of them but oddly enough I never thought of it as one. I liked collecting objects to make other things and yes sometimes items had to be made from parts first but, I never felt like I had to look for some weird jagged piece of something that resembled nothing until it was all assembled. Having to look for the unrecognizable shard is the reason I usually don’t like FROGs.

I liked finding items from the clear picture icons. I loved the little waggling feet jumps that I could click on to go find an object, the clickable journal page, map etc. It was very user friendly as well as something a little different and I enjoyed that about it.

This 2nd installment has lost all of that magic but, I still like it.

It’s a very good IHOG from what I have seen in the demo and seems comparable to many of the others that I have enjoyed. It’s gone to H0 lists instead of pictures. One still has to assemble some objects but it seemed more of a real life task. I usually prefer the instant assemble. It didn’t seem overly challenging but it was still fun to play. I like collecting the rose petals.

I also appreciated that the cursor changes were not too subtle. Sometimes I miss the less obvious changes in other games. This one made it easier for my old eyes to notice that it had changed.

I’ll add it to my collection at some point and I’ll probably enjoy playing the rest of it. Yet, I’ll always be thinking of it as something that lost it’s own mojo and found someone else’s that was just as good.

edited to repair the damage from the H0 bandit!

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 5:00:59 PM PST

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jun 2, 11 5:07 PM
LOVE IT SO FAR !!! Just finished playing the trial version and it looks GOOD ! I bought ,and played the first Vendal Games version LC the spell, I enjoyed that one so I am glad to see a sequal or continuation. Looks like I have a new game,a fun weekend coming up...not bad considering I had a 3 day work week following the holiday! Thanks BF Games and thanks to V Games for another good game. Happy game playing to all !

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 2, 11 5:17 PM
Okay, it has all been said, so I won't add anything other than, I like this game and I am going to purchase right now. Thanks for the reviews. Have a great weekend!

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Jun 2, 11 5:22 PM
This is a decent game and I will buy it because I am enjoying the game play. I am sad, however, because it is not a FROG!

Heh, I just have to put this comment here so some kind developer will not only be seeing all the "I hate FROGS" comments, cuz I luv 'em and I'm sooooo tired of junk piles!!!

Happy gaming all!

More FROGS please

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Jun 2, 11 6:49 PM
goofyduck77 wrote:I was all set to say things thinking it would be just like the first one. It’s not. So you’re going to either happy or sad. This is an iHOG/ADVENTURE (and not a HOPA because there are H0 scenes) and not a FROG/Adventure. From DEVELOPER Vendel Games, the STORY is a sequel per se of the Prince, having succeeded in his quest of defeating evil in the previous game is on his way home and discovers an island . . . and there’s the adventure getting that island squared away lol. The OPTIONS are the normal - with an interesting addition. Snow. Yep - snow. But it comes with the warning that it is slow on “low-end computers.” The MUSIC was suspenseful in the introduction and more melodic during other scenes, but you might want to turn it down just a bit. There is a relaxed mode (faster recharges, sparkles), and an advanced mode (slower recharges and no sparkles).

There is more ......... but just wanted to thank "goofyduck" once again for a great breakdown on a game...I watch for your reviews and always great ... just wish the consistency= quality was a good with the games lol
salaams from Australia

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Jun 2, 11 7:26 PM
It's a pretty game, but for me it's also pretty easy and pretty boring.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jun 2, 11 7:59 PM
murphy1923 wrote:It's a pretty game, but for me it's also pretty easy and pretty boring.

Wow, murphy1923, you took the words out of my mouth. Pretty basic stuff; and if you're going to spin the "village captured/frozen/changed into crows by witch/demon/insert your satanic being here" tale, you'd better throw something original into the mix. This doesn't.
Pretty much a snooze-fest as far as I was concerned.

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Jun 2, 11 8:35 PM
help me out...I like the demo, downloading the rest of the game now. I always read what others have to say, but this time, I am stumped! Maybe you answered it, but I did not go through 9 pages....what is a FROG? I know what HOG is but frog has me scratching my head. Help?

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jun 2, 11 8:41 PM
bonnie112345 wrote:help me out...I like the demo, downloading the rest of the game now. I always read what others have to say, but this time, I am stumped! Maybe you answered it, but I did not go through 9 pages....what is a FROG? I know what HOG is but frog has me scratching my head. Help?

FROG = Fractured Object Game. Meaning that you need to locate several pieces of one item in order to make the item into a whole piece. For instance, you may need to find an Ax. You search the scene for pieces of the ax. Once you have all the pieces, the Ax on the list becomes colored in, and becomes a usable item.

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Jun 2, 11 8:49 PM
I love buying CEs normally because of the extras you get. Not sure whether to buy this one as I've quite a few free credits and can't find anything to use them on. And as was previously mentioned by someone the credits expire. It seems no sooner do I get a credit, out comes a load of not so good games lol.

I did enjoy the game although it isn't very hard even on advanced mode but enjoyed the mini games and the putting together of equipment I need to use. Going to think about this one.

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Jun 2, 11 8:52 PM
Thanks for the FROG definition. Now that I know what it is....I really do enjoy those type of games as well. Sometimes I find myself clicking everything in the scene that just doesn't look right. Guess that's not the best way to go about it!

Go to: