silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition

[Post New]by silverink on Jun 12, 11 2:21 PM
This was a very good game. Beautiful graphics, good adventure elements, fairly smooth navigation, and a moderate level of challenge on the difficult mode, although it was still pretty easy. I really enjoy games with achievements, so this was a plus, even though I probably won't replay anytime soon to get them all. Also, the game was quite long, with a good bonus section.

There really were a few things, however, that kept this from being an excellent game, mainly the dialog/story (which I typically enjoy). The voices were absolutely awful, with the exception of Van Helsing, so much so that it actually detracted from what would have otherwise been a great game. I really think the developers did a much better job with the Sherlock Holmes game, keeping it more on the serious side.

Never having played Dracula Origin, I can also see why people would be disappointed that this game did not carry on the tradition of the Large File Adventure - I really hated that the developers did that with the Art of Murder series. This game, however, was superb in comparison to those failed attempts.

I also had a few complaints with the mechanics of the game. In a couple of the puzzles, the arrows just were too touchy. This was so bad in the tile spacing puzzle that I skipped it entirely - which caused me to miss the no puzzle skipping achievement. Then later the game froze in the bonus section, causing me to have to escape the game - and lose all of my bonus game progress. I wasn't very happy about having to replay that section when I was so close to the end.

Overall, while I think there was definitely some lost potential, it was still a very enjoyable game.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Revising my opinion

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 12, 11 3:39 PM
In a previous post that I wrote based on the demo of this game, I was fairly harsh in my criticism and did not feel it was worth the CE price.

Well, I bought it anyway and am not sorry I did. I now want to revise my commentary about the game because, as it turned out, I love it!

I had previously played Dracula Origin, which this game is a semi-sequel too. Dracula Origin is strictly an Adventure game so a large part of my initial criticism was due to this release being an Adventure/IHOG and moving into a different genre. It was not done well with the Art of Murder series so I had pre-conceived notions going into it.

The transition they made they actually did quite well. The graphics are good and while I would have liked to visit more locations, the locations that you do visit look different almost every-time. There are achievements to earn (several of them) and there is an RPG aspect to it, as certain decisions you make will impact the ending of the game, so the replay value is high. The voice acting is done very well so the dialogue was pleasant rather than tedious. There are 'bonus' items to keep an eye out for, abilities to earn, and of course, blood to drink!

I played on Easy the first time through and will play on Hard next. On easy mode, it took me 6.5 hours to finish and with the bonus chapter, an extra hour, so 7.5 hours total for the first time through, which is exceptional game-play time.

All in all, very well done game and am looking forward to more in the future. Kudos to the developers for making a transition from an Adventure game to an IHOG nearly seamless. I give this game 5 stars, which I rarely ever give out.

[Post New]by chief_lazyhorse3 on Jun 12, 11 4:32 PM
I truly loved this game. Finally! There is a sequel to Dracula rigin Many people have been scratching their heads trying to figure out whether the Dracula ath Of The Dragon and others parts went to this game. No! It does not. People are selling the Dracula ath Of The Dragon as a sequel to this game here.
This game is fun and exciting. You rarely got a glimpse of Dracula in the original game. I loved having his presence throughout the game. The minigames were rather challenging at times, but I got through them .
Dracula is ever his sexy self. Igor is a laugh. To me, Mina closely resembles Natalie Portman. Did anyone catch that?
Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Jun 12, 11 7:37 PM
Started playing this game and love it so much! The mini-games are tough enough for me (not all are easy). I love the storyline, the graphics are excellent and I love having options to bite or not to bite. (and I love the fangs icon!)
I couldn't stop playing but had to make myself stop so I could make dinner and give my eyes a break.

I wasn't expecting much when I started playing but this just took me in!

LOVE IT!

And yes, Dracula is just totally HOT! (that's why I have him on my desktop)

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jun 12, 11 9:56 PM
I've never heard of the previous LFA but maybe it never released on mac back when it came out but now that I have both mac&pc maybe I should go have a peek since I have a ton of punch credits from last month. OK, I like the game itself and the storyline but I HATEEE dracula. His voice drives me crazy and he won't shut up. I know you can click out of the dialogue but I want the plot so I have to listen to him cry about losing Mina & some other random stuff. The Hidden Object scenes were junkpiles & I didn't care for them as they were run of the mill nothing fancy like putting things together, just plain, find these items. Im assuming the length will be long because I accidently clicked casual instead of advanced & it took me the entire hour so if I didn't have as many hints & skips available in the puzzles, I would be playing forever. I think by that time Id want to grab the crucifix though & place it on dracula's heart in hopes he'd go away indefinitely. Igor was annoying too and I totally dig voiceovers. Its one of my biggest pet peeves when there aren't any but maybe pick some better quality voices?? Id buy this game for a SE with a punch credit. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it though...In fact I could probably wait for DD. I still don't understand why this was made such a big deal out of, its too cartoony to be taken seriously but hey to each their own. happy gaming.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 13, 11 7:29 AM
I really enjoyed the demo, and found the gameplay and story to be engaging and fun. The graphics are great, I like the mechanics of how the special abilities are used, and overall, it was a fun hour. However, I'm really not interested in CEs, so will be waiting until a regular version of this game is released. At that point, I was certainly be buying it.

Based on this, I chose to buy the LFG prequel, although I'm still nervous about buying a game without a demo, despite the good reviews.

Edited on 06/13/2011 at 7:31:55 AM PST

[Post New]by Jdall4mark on Jun 13, 11 7:39 AM
Does Natalie Portman know her likeness is being used on this game?

[Post New]by Alienintheship on Jun 14, 11 2:36 PM
we need more pictures of Dracula in extras. i was very dissappointed to find only one picture of him!! why his picture the one with holding the glass is not in extras?!!! we demand more pictures of the most awesome, hot looking dracula ever created!

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jun 14, 11 4:57 PM
This has been the best Vampire game I have played. I loved the fact you got to be Dracula instead of hunting him down. The graphics were great. No pausing or stalling.
puzzles were medium hard. The hint button was fast and accurate. The music was good for a change.

The bad side was way to many Hog's. It got to the point that was all I was doing. The mini puzzle at the end to obtain the extra's was pointless. Yet, I did it anyway. I wish there was one time there was not a damsel in distress.

I am getting a little tired of vampire games, but least this one kept it real and did not Twilight it. I could just see Dracula being a vegan.

By the way I loved Dracula's voice. I could hear that all day long.

Edited on 06/14/2011 at 4:58:37 PM PST

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jun 14, 11 5:00 PM
Alienintheship wrote:we need more pictures of Dracula in extras. i was very dissappointed to find only one picture of him!! why his picture the one with holding the glass is not in extras?!!! we demand more pictures of the most awesome, hot looking dracula ever created!

I agree. I wanted way more pic's myself. Whomever created this Dracula did a great job. I want more and more.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jun 15, 11 3:47 AM
Thanks for all the great reviews! Especially the ones that report on the repetitiveness of the scenes towards the last chapter. I hate that and it is good to be forewarned. Will wait for the SE.

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by cindybuns on Jun 15, 11 5:12 AM
possible spoiler alert

I this game, although I preferred Dracula Origins which I found much better; though I understand that they are trying for a wider audience. The graphics were great and the **** objects were appropriate for the time period as well as the theme of the game. I found Igor's voice annoying and there should have been different graphics of Dracula and Van Helsing during their dialogues instead of just the two different ones.

It took me a little over 5 hours to finish in easy mode (though I did skip some of the mini games) including the bonus game.

I also love that it has different endings
to bite or not to bite, THAT is the question
!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jun 15, 11 3:07 PM
Played the trial, and, well, liked it enough that I may buy the SE eventually. Graphics were great and particularly liked the jaws appearing all by themselves to refresh Dracula -- quite funny. Dracula drones on, although I think that's a real Eastern European accent of some kind, but Igor, oh gah. Had absolutely no need for the SG during the trial, so I bet the SE will be fine and it was fun enough in a bizarre kind of way to think about purchasing later. No human was sacrificed to play this game, so it would be interesting to vamp-up and do in someone, but it's not particularly in my nature, and I liked that you had a choice.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jun 15, 11 6:50 PM
so far i think it's pretty good, i like being a vamper on occasion. i am a fan of the dark side, and don't consider it wrong in any way to enjoy the monster mash of games that come my way. great graphics and fun puzzles, difficult some of them, and spooky stuff is fun. am buying it now. (late comer to this but i was outa town for the last week or so, so i def hafta catch up with ya'll!) play on fishies at whatever floats your boat!

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Great game!

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jun 16, 11 6:29 PM
really like this game, combo of hidden objects and puzzles. wish they would let us construct the shields as an extra puzzle. This is a big improvement over the first Dracula game. Still rooting for Dracula! A + game

[Post New]by smartvalerie on Jun 17, 11 3:09 PM
I have just played the free hour & was looking at the forum to decide if I buy this one or not! I too have just finished Dreamland which was fantastic gameplay. Should I wait for the SE I wonder? Bedtime, will decide tomorrow.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 18, 11 6:07 PM
skr041300 wrote:Thanks for all the great reviews! Especially the ones that report on the repetitiveness of the scenes towards the last chapter. I hate that and it is good to be forewarned. Will wait for the SE.

I bought the CE and don't regret it although as I posted elsewhere the "extra" gameplay is horrible. But I totally agree with you... I was so angry to find myself forced to repeat the same H0 scenes over and over in an obvious attempt to add length to the game. Interesting that this only happens in the part of the game AFTER the demo section Did you think we wouldn't notice devs?? For shame.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jun 18, 11 10:24 PM
Took me a little over seven hours in difficult mode, but what I found to be a pain were many of the puzzles. Some were quite easy and some I didn't even understand what I was supposed to do, even when hitting the help button. Dracula's voice is a bad Bela Lugosi impersonation. Igor is sort of Peter Lorre-ish and annoying. But neither one bothered me. Having said that, I really did enjoy this game, and I think I like it better than Dracula Origin.

I've often wondered what Bram Stoker would think about how his creation has fared in movies, TV and now, in games. I think he'd be spinning in his grave! I actually prefer the Dracula PC games where he is a frightening, scary undead monster. I can see the developers coming up with this "hot" version so women will buy the game though.

Speaking of which, if anyone is interested, Tim Burton is filming Dark Shadows right now with Johnny Depp as Barnabus Collins!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 18, 11 11:15 PM
Ok speaking of the voice overs... some of the pronunciation cracked me up sooo much!! I think the best was "scepter" pronounced with the hard K sound. OMG I laughed so hard at that. Was that intentional or was the actor just not very bright?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 19, 11 11:57 AM
darkhalf01 wrote:What a disappointment. I've been hanging out for this game since I finished Dracula Origin (which I thoroughly enjoyed). Unfortunately they've gone from an adventure game to an IHOG. It's an ok game if that's what you're after, but for me it's too much of a change from the first one and too much like every other HOG that's come out recently.

This is not only just an IHOG as opposed to a sequel to Dracula Origin, its like a campy Dracula satire.
Count Chocula from Sesame street and Igor was right out of Mel Brooks Young Frankenstein....

Go to: