Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Timebuilders: Caveman's Prophecy

[Post New]by bigfishsol on Jun 20, 11 8:15 AM
At last I did it - gold all over - also level 43 But it took me som time. Great game!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 21, 11 5:53 PM
So boring....I'm waiting for Royal Envoy 2 to come out....or Roads of Rome 3

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Jun 22, 11 6:02 PM
Totally annoyed with myself. I bought the first game - Pyramids Rising - and hated the bandit thing. Very annoying. I finally just let them take it all. So, what do I do? I buy the EXACT same game - just a different era in time. This time it is annoying cats/kittens - and to have cats/kittens annoy me takes... well, they don't annoy me in real life. When I reached the level about shake 40 kittens it was a quick uninstall. I went out and had the developer and the game names tattooed backwards on my forehead. Now where did I put my mirror so I can read the tattoo?

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on Jun 24, 11 4:52 AM
Good one, love it it is long and it is not easy but fun to play

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on Jun 24, 11 4:55 AM
Just wanted to say that my strategi is to play all the levels some I do gold but just keep on going then I go back to try for the gold and at that time it is much more easy as you have got the "feeling" of the game:-)

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Jun 24, 11 9:39 PM
Just finished the game with all 43 golds. Loved it. It has a nice degree of difficulty. I had to restart maybe half the levels in order to get gold, but I don't think it ever took me more than five tries on any one level.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Jun 25, 11 4:12 PM
I picked this one up and glad I did. I very much enjoyed the first installment in the The Timebuilders series and I like this one as well. It felt like they went ahead and upped the difficulty on this one, which I appreciated. I also very much enjoyed the music, which I normally do not pay attention to in games, but it was good here and kind of a bit soothing in the mix of this sometimes frantic game.

My one dislike was the cinematic scenes in that the dialogue was not terribly interesting, the vocal caveman grunting was so-so, and you couldn't click through it to read faster. Basically you sit there waiting and waiting for the people to speak for what seemed like ages until the next person said something (they're giving you time to read the intense 5 words of dialogue I guess?).

Otherwise I definitely enjoyed this and recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first one.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 06/25/2011 at 4:13:28 PM PST

ibnurdreamz
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ibnurdreamz on Jun 26, 11 6:46 AM
This is a must for me, and as soon as I can buy it, I will. I truly had fun with the demo, and hated it expiring, but (sigh) that's what fun demos do. I can't wait to buy it. Been a while since I have had that much fun with a demo!!!

[Post New]by nanalinnell on Jun 26, 11 4:37 PM
Loved it. Think it's my favorite all time game. Challenging and fun but doable (with
help from this forum) and took more than a week to complete. Is the first one as much fun?

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jun 26, 11 6:34 PM
nanalinnell wrote:Loved it. Think it's my favorite all time game. Challenging and fun but doable (with
help from this forum) and took more than a week to complete. Is the first one as much fun?

YES! Go buy it right now. You will really enjoy the first one.

[Post New]by 2puppies on Jun 27, 11 8:29 AM
I definitely agree with most of the posters. Although there's some features I like about it (the eggs), I much preferred the Pyramid Rising. Perhaps a Pyramid Rising II should be next? Or go forward in time like one person wrote - maybe the great warriors and then modern day and then a space timebuilders? This one just didn't work.

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Jun 27, 11 10:35 PM
I don't usually like to play sim-type games because of the time limit thing. However I really enjoyed the first Timebuilders Pyramid game, so I bought this one too. I wouldn't have a chance of finishing either of them if you had to beat the clock. Those time limits are insane! But the game is so cute and fun to play, I like it anyway. I hope there is a third installment in this series? It's very clever. Except for the dialogue, as previously noted. I agree that the stone-age voice acting could have been better. Sometimes I wondered if the actors even knew what they were supposed to be saying. It just didn't work for me. So... the next one could be better, but I surely hope there will be a next one. More, please!

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jun 30, 11 4:07 PM
I enjoyed both this and Pyramid Rising. I like when they have a story to them and it isn't all just collect this and do that and tickticktick the clock is running out.
The shaking of the cats was a bit annoying. My wrist started to hurt after awhile.
Otherwise, it was a very fun game and I recommend it.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jul 4, 11 1:22 PM
I really liked this game in the beginning. Maybe because the levels seemed easier to beat even when I did not get gold the first time. Some of the later levels seem so hard, I can't figure out how I would get done quicker. I'll probably figure it out later so that I can get more gold.
I've never hated cats so much than while playing this game.

dolcifusa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by dolcifusa on Jul 6, 11 8:09 AM
Challenging.
I had to replay some levels to get gold goal, and a few one I haven't still got it, even I've played and re-played them.
I loved the cat going into the house when there is no meal

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jul 12, 11 11:01 PM
Just finished the main game (with all the flystones, woo!) and will move on to bonus levels tomorrow. I played and liked Pyramid Rising and while this game seems to have sharper, possibly higher resolution graphics, I liked the art style/theme of the first one more. Gameplay-wise, they're almost exactly the same. The only major new game mechanic is the eggs (which added a nice bit of randomness to the levels without disrupting the game balance). The gotchas are new too, but they're essentially treasure chests with a limited number of "refills".

This is a TM/strategy/resource gathering game, but there's almost a puzzle element as you typically can't do the same thing on every level and get the flystone (expert time). The nice thing is that there isn't a single best solution most of the time, like there is with My Kingdom for the Princess. Looking in the forum threads, it seems like there's usually several strategies that work effectively for each level, which is pretty cool.

I completed this more quickly than the first game (played both to get gold on every level), but that's probably because I'm already familiar with the game mechanics. I enjoyed this one more though, as it required more thought.

For those who think this is too easy (and it is for the first 20 or so levels), the difficulty does ramp up in the last half of the game. Overall this was fun, addictive and challenging!

[Post New]by lindagarrette on Nov 20, 11 1:28 PM
It started out OK and I thought it would keep getting along but then it got bogged down with hunting the cats and kittens which made the entire strategy meaningless.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 23, 12 1:03 AM
Very long game, very addicting, really enjoyed it.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Apr 25, 12 9:19 PM
OK I am a Time Building newbie, I liked Burger Dash ( I think the music hypnotized me) but I feel so dumb trying this one! I can't get gold on level SIX! And I have replayed it like 10 times! D'oh!!

I know I must have to destroy a building, but I did and it still left the foundation there so what is the point?! And I haven't had to shake a cat yet in the game but that does NOT sound fun, my wrist hurts just thinking about it!

Thanks to any who help, embarrassed here!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 30, 12 2:05 PM
Skrdykat wrote:OK I am a Time Building newbie, I liked Burger Dash ( I think the music hypnotized me) but I feel so dumb trying this one! I can't get gold on level SIX! And I have replayed it like 10 times! D'oh!! [...]

Skrdykat, I just happened to see your msg here cos I'm looking for game recommendations -- so I can't help you with your question, but I'd definitely recommend to start a new thread in this forum with your question, a title like "level 6" as the other threads here (btw, have seen one about level 10, so no worries <g> ).
Reason is that ppl who know this game already - and so can help you - won't come back to read the Reviews-thread, but will be happy to help when they can see from the thread title that someone is asking for *help*. Good luck with your game!

Go to: