RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

Re:Chit Chat, Rants and Other Chaos!

[Post New]by RickF on Jun 15, 11 5:04 AM
Any more room on the bus.

If I don't get a HOG soon I'm going to donate myself to a sushi chef.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jun 15, 11 5:18 AM
Since there is no HOG for me to play, i was just going to snack on Cherb's cookies, but everybody ate them already! Cherb is such a creative artist, loved the loo yesterday

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 15, 11 5:20 AM
So, I cleaned the house a little and I am ready for tomorrow!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 15, 11 6:03 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Who said there aren't HOGs? Here are the Betas to peek:

Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time
Cursed Memories: Secret of Agony Creek
Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean
Silent Nights: The Pianist
Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night Collector's Edition
Love Story: The Beach Cottage
Strange Cases 3: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake
Shattered Minds: Masquerade
Odysseus - Long Way Home

Where? Google...
...And, no CE for me tomorrow - I got used to the starvation, Cherb made nice food for the bus...want to starve others, to check how they feel...

Forgive me for highlighting a game. This is supposed to be the TGT Thursday. I predict a lot of fishies screaming for the SG quite early on. It looks like a great game!

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jun 15, 11 6:08 AM
Good Morning All-I'm gonna be a dissenter here (at least until after I finish the demos). Match 3's are my second favorite genre after HOGs (to include all types except bad ones). I agree with Shadow and Kel-BF can't offer what's not there. Well, off to play the two demos. Back later.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 15, 11 6:44 AM
Hey Cherb--Wondrous artwork once again! Yesterday, loos and a beer keg on the bus; today, a Kon-Tiki raft and cookies! Hope I'm not too late to embark on the "Cruise 'Til Tomorrow"! I brought along my own compass and sextant (in case we need to know where we're going! )!

Hey Shadowfax--Did you get this thread started later than usual? I checked in about 30-45 minutes after the "magic time," and I didn't see it. Oh well. Suggestion for our next transportation--with Cherb's style and your direction, how about a submarine? We could navigate through TM and M-3 waters undetected until we reach safe harbor on HOG Island! Whaddya think?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 15, 11 6:52 AM
Hello Elldee!
Nope, I had the thread up and going at 12:13 a.m. as soon as I could get into the game forum once the mods started it... I was here at midnight just waiting for the TGT forum to get fired up... Neither rain, nor sleet...

Somebody posted a whole list of betas? There are always betas out there for HOGs, etc... but betas are a lot different then getting a full game and being able to play the whole game. That is what I am waiting for...

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Jun 15, 11 7:12 AM
OMG - I need a HOG - now - I think I'd even buy a strait one I need a new game soooo badly lol.

I'm swimming to the raft as we speak (gr8 job Cherb) - just watch for the little red lobster and scoop me up.

Despair depression - maybe they're trying to detox us lol

Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Catnipper on Jun 15, 11 7:49 AM
Cherb, I so enjoyed your beautiful artwork. I especially appreciated your adding the kitty in response to comments and including the minnow in the whale shark. You have a great sense of humor.

I have so many adventure and IHOG games I haven't played yet that I'm not too disappointed on days when there are no new ones. Saves me money.

I'd never played Match 3s except when they came up in as puzzles in other games. At first I couldn't understand either the directions or the gameplay and was completely flummoxed. But after being confronted with quite a few of them and no skip button, I finally figured them out and rather enjoyed a few.

That's why I loved Dreams of a Geisha when I received it as a Beta (my first Beta). Unlike others, you can reshuffle and you can play in untimed mode, so you never have to get stuck and start over. I think it's a great game for newbies to learn M3s. I found the graphics to be perfect eye candy and the game very enjoyable and relaxing. So I'm going to try Puppy Sanctuary. This will be only the second time I've ever downloaded a M3.

I had to download it last night between 2 to 7AM or HUGHES.NET (satellite) would punish me for 24 hours by slowing down my DL speed. I sure miss cable--but I guess I should be grateful I can get Internet at all out here in the boonies where I can't even get a cell phone signal.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 15, 11 8:07 AM
satexasgirl wrote:Good Morning All-I'm gonna be a dissenter here (at least until after I finish the demos). Match 3's are my second favorite genre after HOGs (to include all types except bad ones). I agree with Shadow and Kel-BF can't offer what's not there. Well, off to play the two demos. Back later.

Hi, hope all went ok at court yesterday

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CANNOT offer games that are not on the market! LOL!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 15, 11 8:24 AM
shagwendy wrote:
Kelvarda wrote:Hi boots

Morning Spock

Hope everyone gets to do what they want today! (and that BF get these glitches sorted)

I'm going to play with my Tribe, then build a few more houses for the King

SYL

Kel
I'm so so happy we have another ROYAL ENVOY convert. I dislike T M's but this game is so good I don't care. I upgraded to CE which I love, but it's too tempting to look at the strategy guide instead of figuring it out yourself. I just played some more last night, I really envy you playing it for the first time. I think I played it almost exclusively for 2 months. .

lol wendy, i too am a little jeolous of kel and shadow, they have days, weeks of building games to play,

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 15, 11 8:34 AM
bella81762 wrote:
shagwendy wrote:
Kelvarda wrote:Hi boots

Morning Spock

Hope everyone gets to do what they want today! (and that BF get these glitches sorted)

I'm going to play with my Tribe, then build a few more houses for the King

SYL

Kel
I'm so so happy we have another ROYAL ENVOY convert. I dislike T M's but this game is so good I don't care. I upgraded to CE which I love, but it's too tempting to look at the strategy guide instead of figuring it out yourself. I just played some more last night, I really envy you playing it for the first time. I think I played it almost exclusively for 2 months. .

lol wendy, i too am a little jeolous of kel and shadow, they have days, weeks of building games to play,

Joins Bella being jealous ... but, having visited the review site, I at least have something to look forward to now though ... thanks for the heads up Bella and Shadowfax , that game looks right up my street .

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Jun 15, 11 8:59 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:I do not believe that this is BFG's fault fellow fishies... I watch other sites on line and the IHOGs are just not releasing now. There has been a flood of M3 and TMs for days.... The games will come but BFG cannot offer us games that haven't been released yet... This kind of happens in cycles. Remember last fall? It was just like this for over a month!! I am hoping that this doesn't last as long...

ETA: Thanks Kel!!

Thanks Shadowfax for posting this... I agree completely! I and think they are doing a great job. You couldn't ask for better customer service and the fact we get free trials of games or even a trial for that matter..I too miss a good IHOG but there are other games to be offered.. We can't blame IMHO of course..

Thanks Cherb for making me laugh as soon as I opened the thread. Love all your great artwork. I now know what you are doing while waiting for a H0G I also love this thread. I look for it every day.... thanks fellow fish for being there..

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 15, 11 9:11 AM
My eldest is going to be over the moon! She loves Kitten Sanctuary, so she must have Puppy Sanctuary hehe

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jun 15, 11 9:40 AM
@ Peglegann-Court went as well as could be expected-sent you a PM about it.

Well, I played the hour for both the TGT and the soft release. I wonder why they aren't switched? I liked the soft release better even though it's faster paced. Both are decent games as far as match 3's go but neither thrilled me.

I won't be making it back in today, or at least not until later. I have to go to a memorial service later today and because of that my normal Wed. workday was moved to Thurs. so I won't be able tomorrow's TGT (which I sincerely hope will be an FRog or iHog or something along those lines) until tomorrow afternoon/evening after I get done. Sigh

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 15, 11 9:53 AM
satexasgirl wrote:@ Peglegann-Court went as well as could be expected-sent you a PM about it.

Well, I played the hour for both the TGT and the soft release. I wonder why they aren't switched? I liked the soft release better even though it's faster paced. Both are decent games as far as match 3's go but neither thrilled me.

I won't be making it back in today, or at least not until later. I have to go to a memorial service later today and because of that my normal Wed. workday was moved to Thurs. so I won't be able tomorrow's TGT (which I sincerely hope will be an FRog or iHog or something along those lines) until tomorrow afternoon/evening after I get done. Sigh

Thanks. We are thinking of you.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 15, 11 9:57 AM
A lot of you know that we lost our cat Tilly on 12th. May.
Her brother has now stopped eating He is only 14 months old!
My DS is on the way to the vets as I write
Sorry, just wanted to share.......................................................

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jun 15, 11 10:34 AM
ive played 7 beta versions of HOG games that are brilliant so where are they

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jun 15, 11 11:19 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww Shucks

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jun 15, 11 11:34 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Good morning once again fellow gamers! It is a Match 3 bonanza today for the fans of this genre. Both the TGT and the soft release... Wow, enjoy M3 players! For the continuing long-suffering (okay, not that long...) IHOGgers we have 24 hours until we have our day. Mudrock has nearly promised us an IHOG for CE Thursday and I am afraid if it isn't an IHOG, there will be mutiny and he may be borrowing our life raft.

Yes, the Bus of Despair is taking passengers today but we also have the Life Raft that will deliver those who are trapped in the Sea of Gloom! (I am borrowing your phrase Kelvarda - thank you or forgive me, whichever applies)

Once again, I would like to thank our resident artiste Cherbtoo for so graciously making us this fine work of art that, speaking on behalf of the die-hard IHOG fans here, we so desperately need to lift our spirits this morning!

Thank you Cherb!!

I'm definitely on board for the life raft on the Sea of Gloom - 12 days no game for me to buy & tomorrow being Thursday it will be a CE which I don't buy

Go to: