BlueDeuce
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Comments and other Chaos for Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collectors Edition

[Post New]by BlueDeuce on Jun 23, 11 2:46 PM
Hope this is the OK place for this and forgive me if it has been mentioned before, but did anyone notice in the opening scene when the ladies were getting on the gondola one of them had a "French Manicure" on their toes? What a HOOT! Did they do that then? I love ERS games, even though they have become somewhat of a cookie cutter format, so I'm not trying to be negative...just chuckling!

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Re:Comments and other Chaos for Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collectors Edition

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 23, 11 4:38 PM
BlueDeuce wrote:Hope this is the OK place for this and forgive me if it has been mentioned before, but did anyone notice in the opening scene when the ladies were getting on the gondola one of them had a "French Manicure" on their toes? What a HOOT! Did they do that then? I love ERS games, even though they have become somewhat of a cookie cutter format, so I'm not trying to be negative...just chuckling!

This is absolutely an OK place for this and any other odd randomness about the game (It is commentary and chaos after all) AND I cannot believe I missed this! LOL. I have ten minutes left on my demo so I'm going to go back and watch the opening scene again.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 23, 11 4:53 PM
I loved the game Thx ERS your a great devs,, Thx BF your the best..Well my thoughts on the game, I had to stop i been in this game many hours, I did not want to stop but i am very tired lol..This has been such a awesome game to play..
just stopping by to say hello to BF & all the fishes..

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jun 23, 11 7:09 PM
Kelvarda wrote:
emmyjayne wrote:Excellent game so far - no download issues (took ~ 3mins but I have a very fast Win7 computer (I'm not bragging, just thankful!)).

I also have a very fast Win7 computer! I just DON'T have very wizzy wizzy BB or fast Fibre optic cables. The building I live in was built in the 60's and the telephone cabling coming into it it from the same era! I also live a few miles from the local exchange. All this affect's my Broadband not how fast my PC is. My ISP has even told me 'You are not in our Technological sights for upgrade at the moment, because you live in a Rural Area!!'

Absolutely true... this can make a HUGE difference as well, as can your graphics card/processor.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 23, 11 8:27 PM
My download time was very fast, as usual. The demo went way to quickly...had 20 min left on my 60! Very nice game, clear graphics, no annoying music, voices appropriate for setting, not a huge amount of running around. Got almost to the end of my trial before I noticed the SG in the corner...duh. HOG's not difficult, games different and interesting, some a bit challenging. Really enjoyed this one. Already have purchased too many CE games, but got to have this one. Definite buy for me. Thanks for all the great reviews.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 24, 11 2:13 AM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:
mycatluna wrote:
emmyjayne wrote:Excellent game so far - no download issues (took ~ 3mins but I have a very fast Win7 computer (I'm not bragging, just thankful!)). ERS games usually have beautiful artwork and this game is no exception. The storyline is intriguing and so far the game seems worth the money. I'm playing in expert mode and I haven't used the strategy guide yet but I'm not that far into the game. I wish the custom cursors didn't spin, flash, wiggle, but I like everything else about the game so far. A definite buy for me.

I have Vista and don't like it that much. How is Windows 7 in comparison? If you get a chance, can you PM me and let me know? Or anyone else that runs Windows 7? Almost time for a new PC...

Let's put it this way: if Vista and Windows 7 were cars, 7 would be a Lincoln. Vista would be a 1972 Pinto in primer grey with two doors missing and a self-immolating gas tank. Seriously, Windows 7 has some issues, too (what version of Windows hasn't?), but nowhere near as odd as Vista. Really, Vista should have been shot as the lame horse it was right at the starting gate.

Interesting comment about Vista being a 'lame horse'. I had Vista forced on me when I bought a new PC. I hated it at first; coming from XP, I couldn't get used to Vista's differences. However I persevered and more than 3 years later, I can honestly say I have never had one single problem or issue with Vista. It has never crashed or given me any cause for concern.

I have a PC savvy friend who told me not to bother upgrading to Win7; in his opinion it's just 'Vista with bells and whistles'. Since my PC has only ever had one problem in almost 4 years (which was my fault), I think Vista is excellent. It works for me anyway.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 24, 11 8:52 AM
Well, HELL will freeze over before I buy another CE from ERS! The main gameplay was OK, but the Bonus gameplay is an absolute rip-off!

It adds nothing to the main story, so if your undecided 'Don't bother'!!

Never been so disappointed in an ERS game before!

Kel

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 24, 11 9:30 AM
I just finished the game and bonus was short, but in all the game was excellent, I can't wait until part 2 comes out it will be a buy for me, I had many hours of fun with this game..the graphics was off the chain so beautiful, sounds was awesome..
keep up the Good work ERS, Thx BF Kuddo's to you both..

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jun 24, 11 11:28 AM
Woofie53 wrote:Was that caped "villain" Zorro??? LOL His sure looked the part with the black cape. He didn't leave his "Mark of Zorro" which is a big Z lol I am wondering tho if they had the image of Zorro in their minds when they created the caped guy. They look alike.

It seems to be a pretty good game.

Woofie, how could you?!! Zorro was good looking. He didn't have a beak like the villain in this. I've been trying to post this for two days, but had PC problems. The first 85% DL zipped through in minutes and the last 15% took an hour, but the game is definately worth waiting for. I never buy CEs, so hope it won't be long before the SE is out.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 24, 11 1:45 PM
Kelvarda wrote:Well, HELL will freeze over before I buy another CE from ERS! The main gameplay was OK, but the Bonus gameplay is an absolute rip-off!

It adds nothing to the main story, so if your undecided 'Don't bother'!!

Never been so disappointed in an ERS game before!

Kel

Lol and yikes. Sounds like you did take the leap and decided to buy and then...FLOP. This makes up my mind for me.

As I have said many times, if ERS doesn't start focusing on QUALITY again as opposed to QUANTITY, this previous ERS fan will be no more. Pity really, as I know they possess talent. It just hasn't been seen in quite some time.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 24, 11 3:24 PM
Well, this 'game' has already been deleted from my GM. I have never said anything bad about ERS before, but this time I feel totally and utterly 'ripped off'! The slowness between scenes I could put up with, the 'sticky' cursor I could overlook, but the thing that has 'done it for me' this time is the length of the game overall, and especially the length of the Bonus gameplay. I don't want to spoil it for anyone reading this column, but it is 'very limited' to just a few 'new' scenes, and mainly H0G junkpiles.

They have been teetering on the brink of poor quality for the last games they brought out, and I could forgive them the occasional slip up, but this game is just not up to their usual brilliant standard. I have loved (and purchased) every CE of everything they have produced in their 'Dark and Eerie' genre, but this isn't one of them, and to say I am disappointed is an understatement.

What's that old saying Buyer Beware! Well it's certainly true in this instance

I feel so bad about this game, I have also posted the above in the 'Official' Review thread in the hopes that it will get FED BACK to ERS. Then maybe they will give us games of quality again like PuppetShow and Redemption Cemetery and the Dark Tales. (Games of QUALITY ie. Good length and decent Bonus gameplay!!!)

Kel

Edited on 06/24/2011 at 3:33:45 PM PST

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Jun 24, 11 3:53 PM
I am not really sure about this game, it had good graphics and a reasonably good story, but it just felt like it was missing something. I did buy it and played through to the end. I felt the bonus game was a big let down as mainly just one hidden object scene after another and was not that long.

Not the best game from ERS that is for sure and I have to say the accents really annoyed me! The game is set in Venice, some of the characters had american accents, some had terrible 'italian' accents that sound more like a mixture of Russian/not sure what else accents. If a game developer is going to have voice overs then at least get people who are from that country to do the voices not Americans trying to sound like Italians!

Do not feel this was worth the CE price. The strategy guide was good but that is about it really as far as the bonuses go

Edited on 06/24/2011 at 3:54:26 PM PST

4red3s
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by 4red3s on Apr 22, 13 8:26 AM
Found a glitch in the bonus. I wasn't paying attention and the two pieces that are supposed to open the suitcase .... well the pieces got placed on the wrong symbols. I think one was a sun and the other was a tree. Anyway, now it is stuck. only the cursor for viewing is available not the hand to pick them up and place them correctly.

Go to: