jenni40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Reviews for: Sandra Fleming Chronicles: Crystal Skulls

[Post New]by jenni40 on Jul 16, 11 3:49 AM
I wasn't too sure of this game at first - played a bit of the demo but ended up going back to it as I didn't like this weeks CE, I'm glad I did - best game Ive enjoyed for a while . I thought the graphics were a bit basic compared to some games but it didn't detract my enjoyment of it. I found it challenging which is what im really looking for in a game compared to graphics,music etc.I'm not a great hidden object lover but I even enjoyed these too as you had to work at some items . Personally I think they did a great job and will be interested in more games from them.

Re:Reviews for: Sandra Fleming Chronicles: The Crystal Skull -

[Post New]by JENNYJAFFA59 on Jul 19, 11 12:04 AM
I get up to the part with the jetty and nails and i hammer all the nails in then i get access violation error - i have been back in 4 times and the same thing keeps happening. what can i do ? this is frustrating to say the least! Ok gameplay - useless hints - i wouldnt purchase another of these games until they remedy the slow hint re-charge and give you more clues with a hint.

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 12:08:09 AM PST

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

another game for your 7 yr old

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jul 20, 11 2:28 PM
Very easy game, slow pace, would be good for grade school and middle schoolers. Not enough anything to hold my interest. Nothing wrong with the game, just too easy, no challenge.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jul 24, 11 5:06 PM
Sandra Fleming Chronicles: Crystal Skulls (AHOG)

What a refreshing change from our usual fare - a game that doesn't hold your hand and actually makes you think.

This is an Adventure-HOG, with not a lot of HOG scenes thrown in. The graphics are just beautiful, in some places even breathtaking. There is a full-screen/windowed option, but no option to turn off the custom cursor.

The gameplay itself is deliciously challenging, but not to the point of being impossible or too frustrating to play. The HINT meter refills slowly, but you can also gain hints by collecting ancient coins. I always enjoy the extra challenge of finding extra items, though I did try not to use the hints

The story is straightforward - you go on an expedition to find the lost crystal skulls. I think that the fact that you find three skulls during the course of the game should say something for the credibility of the story. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is beautifully done, but you will have to suspend disbelief in places in order to enjoy the game.

The chapters are nice and long, gameplay very enjoyable, graphics superb, music and voiceovers well done and story immersive (despite being a bit hard to believe).

Excellent game, I enjoyed every bit of it!

[Post New]by queenofgames52 on Jul 29, 11 8:07 PM
I was disappointed with this one . Game kept freezing and messing up. i finally finished it with great difficulty . Puzzles were frustrating sometimes and there was no skip key . Story line was boring . I am rating this game with one star only. Don't spend your credit on this one.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Aug 15, 11 1:33 PM
I dont understand about hone site how do you find the place to put the arrow,

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Aug 15, 11 1:33 PM
I dont understand about hone site how do you find the place to put the arrow,

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Aug 27, 11 2:17 PM
Game was interesting but a bit difficult due to the fact that the "hints" were not worth a lot, and were few and far between unless you found all the gold coins. Interactive HOGs were very interesting. I did enjoy this game and it was a challenge...however the story wasn't all that clear and the ending was really abrubt and dumb...sort of like the developers just got tired and ended it.

Dakjoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Dakjoy on Aug 31, 11 6:47 PM
ruthb1146 wrote:How do I get the arrow into the target? I have tried at least 50 times.

I assume you're talking about the dart board? I had a huge frustrating problem with this one. When you click the arrow, look to your right a little. You will see a fine red circle. It shows you where to place the arrow. Instead of shooting the arrow up close, what you end up doing is shooting it from far behind. The arrow will arch in the air and land in the dart board. Good luck!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 8, 11 2:10 PM
This is another one of those games that you can't figure out what to do next without constantly looking at the walkthrough. The hints and skips reload very slowly. No fun.

Quickie
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Quickie on Nov 14, 11 4:00 PM
bought it. hated it. won't finish it.

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Nov 19, 11 6:06 PM
Did anyone bother to test this game? I think not, judging by all the negative comments about the cursor. A shame, it did look promising

Better dump this version and go back to the drawing board.

CndnPhoenix
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by CndnPhoenix on Nov 21, 11 12:53 PM

VERY enjoyable!

If you are looking for a bit more of a challenge than the usual game has, then this one is for you.

The mini-games had some original presentations, that I found pleasing, I also liked the music.

Finished, and glad I bought it.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Feb 20, 13 5:06 PM
This was an OK game. I had fun playing it. Graphic's were real good. The storyline was fine. There were plenty of HOS. Great puzzles and the music was fine.

Go to: