eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

This game is for kids!

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jul 16, 11 6:23 PM
There is no challenge to this game. Everything is Way way WAY too easy: puzzles and hidden object scenes and the things you have to do. the hand holding is almost insulting, plot is boring and slow. This could not keep my interest at all, I struggled through to the end so I could review it.

Hated the gestures, glad I could turn them off. BTW I played the "advanced" version.

I think elementary and middle school kids would like it, in fact I think that's who it is meant for.

Adults- skip this one!

Edited on 07/16/2011 at 6:28:05 PM PST

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Reviews for Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight

[Post New]by orijojo on Jul 26, 11 12:14 AM
This turned out to be a very enjoyable game, I bought it during the 4th of Jul sale, and only just played it.

It was both interesting and challenging and provided me with about 4.5 hours of great play time.

Made by the same developers (Skunk) who gave us the Flux Family series, both of which I also enjoyed and found challenging.

I am now going to look for other games provided by this developer.

jojo

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Jul 27, 11 10:23 AM
I've got a possibly dumb question, or at least something I can't figure out...LOL. What does the abbreviation HOG mean? Just curious for anyone to answer, not that too many people respond.

LadyGooner
Clownfish
Clownfish
536 Posts

[Post New]by LadyGooner on Aug 5, 11 5:00 AM
annibelle1 wrote:I've got a possibly dumb question, or at least something I can't figure out...LOL. What does the abbreviation HOG mean? Just curious for anyone to answer, not that too many people respond.

Hi annibelle HOG means Hidden Object Game ihog is an interactive hidden object game. A Frog is a fragmented hidden object game. There should be a few threads around about abbreviations if you search for them. Hope that helps.

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Aug 6, 11 5:06 PM
Liked the game enough during the free hour to purchase with a punch card. It was fun and fairly interesting, although very easy (except for the maze). However, after the first hour and continuing after purchasing, there were barely 2 hours left before the game was finished. I realize I got it for free, but I had to purchase a lot of games to qualify for that. And if someone pays the full price for this, they may be disappointed in the short length. Even wandering aimlessly in the maze for quite awhile didn't make the game go over 3 hours total. If this is OK with you, or if you play very slowly, I would say go ahead. I did all the puzzles, which often takes a lot of time, but this time it didn't. It's a fun game -- just very short and with kind of an abrupt ending.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Aug 17, 11 10:23 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It is nice change from all the vampires. The graphics are stunning. I took my time just enjoying the sites....the city penthouse took my breath away...kept wishing it was mine! Yes, it is a bit short, but I took my time just relaxing and enjoying. I only looked at walkthru when I got stuck in the maze (never did like mazes). This game is not for young people who prefer action, but we older folks like a restful game now and again.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Aug 28, 11 8:38 AM
Nothing really exceptional about this game and yet I really enjoyed the demo. I consider this a good one to fill up that last slot on a coupon.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Aug 28, 11 9:37 PM
I found eedebeep's comment to be quite offensive. I'm 56 years old and WAY out of elementary school... far enough out to know how not to post such a flaming remark. You owe the pond an apology.

I quite enjoyed this game. I never time myself on how long it takes to complete a game, because I play for enjoyment. I never have and never will play a time management game because I am time managed to death at work. I think it took me 3-4 days of leisurely playing, with work, church and chores all thrown in.

I agree with campfire29 that the maze was something else!! It was the most challenging part of the game and I thought I'd never get through it!! That's why I play these type games, they're very brain challenging and it feels fantastic when I finally figure something out without tips, tricks, hints, SGs or walkthroughs. Makes me feel like I really got my money's worth out of a game. (And I certainly did with this one!!)

Glad I bought it and will definitely play it again in the future. Hope you give it a fair shake.... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!!!

Sparty94
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Sparty94 on Sep 9, 11 12:42 PM
I bought this game after 10 min. into the demo. One of the best games I've found!! The graphics are superb, as is the story! FINALLY, a game story that really delivers. There is a logical progression with a satisfactory ending....leaving one hoping for more "assignments" from Intrigue Inc. I must reiterate....THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 29, 11 8:10 AM
Just finished the demo...still out to lunch on this one. For $2.99 I would have probably jumped at it. Nothing special about the graphics or the story...but you do have to think a little and the HOGS can be difficult to find. However, the Hint button recharges fairly quickly and there is a SKIP function on the games. I don't play for time so I don't care about the penalties, I play for fun. Typical storyline, but the game seems to be interesting.....still thinking about it.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 29, 11 8:10 AM
Just finished the demo...still out to lunch on this one. For $2.99 I would have probably jumped at it. Nothing special about the graphics or the story...but you do have to think a little and the HOGS can be difficult to find. However, the Hint button recharges fairly quickly and there is a SKIP function on the games. I don't play for time so I don't care about the penalties, I play for fun. Typical storyline, but the game seems to be interesting.....still thinking about it.

[Post New]by hippiefishie on Oct 6, 11 6:00 PM
This is definitely a great game and a game that I had planned on buying so I was very surprised when it popped up at a price of $3.99 after buying the DD today, thanks Big Fish.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Didn't Get the Recognition it Deserves

[Post New]by mycatluna on Nov 22, 11 3:08 PM
This game is incredible so it's a little sad that it didn't quite get the attention that it deserves.

The graphics are crystal clear on my wide-screen. I did not mind the small load times between scenes: it only takes a few seconds and if that helps enable incredible, photo-quality graphics, then I'm more than willing to wait those few extra seconds.

The interactive element of this game is what I found to be the most fun and I hope it serves as a model for future games. While you do have the option to turn off what they call "gestures", keeping them on enhances game-play in that you feel more a part of the story. Whether it's making physical motions to saw wood or motions to cut glass, it helps immerse the player into the environment and also gives the player more control over the environment. The puzzles within the hidden object scenes prevented them from getting dull. I also enjoyed the ability to move things around: look behind objects and around objects to locate items, including "special" items that you can look for that aren't necessary to complete the game but do add to the challenge as few of them are in plain sight.

All in all, I had a blast with this game. It held my interest throughout and I was sad to see it end. I am looking forward to more games that use similar mechanics to enhance the gaming experience.

I really wish this game had received a bit more attention-it certainly deserves it! It's one of those rare gems that sometimes slip under player radar.

Thanks developers for producing a truly quality game. The effort that went into this game shows.

Cheers!

mycatluna

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Nov 27, 11 1:03 PM
I played the trial for 10 minutes. I saw you could turn "Gestures" on or off, but not a clue as to what "Gestures" were. I saw that even in casual mode it takes 2 full minutes before you can skip a puzzle. You can use a hint and still not see what you need, then have to wait before you can try again. Then I discovered it had misclick penalty, and that was enough. I don't care if they offer the game for $0.01, I'm not going to spend my money on a game and then have to sit there unable to play while I am being punished by the developers as if I was in kindergarten.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 7, 12 6:59 AM
No a bad game, the graphics were OK, the story line was OK, I can not complain, the game was fun for me.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Jan 9, 12 5:54 PM
What a beautifol, beautiful game!The grafics alone makes this game a winner After playing a few dark games my eyes were really happy to see this one ......Thanks BFand Developers .Hope to see more like this soon

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jan 17, 12 12:41 PM
Yes I agree after the many games that I have played recently it is great not to be groping about in the dark , this game is bright cheerful and I think so far easy.. ( Just finished demo and brain not stretched !
A good game for a rainy afternoon Yep a buy for me

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Feb 10, 12 9:17 AM
good game
good puzzles
good graphics

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 22, 12 1:31 PM
this game is different and harder than the usual HOS games....

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 16, 12 6:14 AM

Edited on 06/19/2012 at 5:12:09 AM PST

Go to: