SweetSuki
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by SweetSuki on Jul 9, 11 12:05 PM
glassrabbit wrote:Has ANYBODY found out why I can only get 1/4 of the screen, no matter that I've re-installed it three times?????

Same thing with me. It was like that last Saturday and I just re-installed it to see if it had been fixed over the last week and I still only see 1/4 of the screen.

[Post New]by GoddessofPain on Jul 9, 11 1:31 PM
Every other issue so far has resolved but there is another one I have encountered.
I am playing the bonus game and I am at the part where I have to add the missing piece to the puzzle above Emilys' bed. No matter what I do, the puzzle piece will not stay on the board so I cannot solve the puzzle.

I agree, this game should not be a collectors edition, there are far too many problems.

[Post New]by GoddessofPain on Jul 9, 11 2:19 PM
Ok. all of my technical issues were resolved.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Jul 9, 11 2:54 PM
I got through the entire game but was unable to access the bonus section. Then I noticed that the game was updated 4 days after I bought it, but I was never notified even though that's the setting in my Game Manager. So I updated, still couldn't access the bonus section, started a new profile and got to the 12 eyes (where I had no trouble on the original DL) which now DOESN'T WORK! Sorry for shouting; I'm really frustrated with this game. I get the collector's editions for the strategy guide so when my internet connection is down (a frequent occurrence nowadays) I can still get help with the game. So I've spent the extra money for the CE and can't finish the game. Also, though I understand some people got the bonus section even if they didn't find all the origami, I haven't been able to get all the origami from the very beginning, and if you try to go back, they aren't there even if you supposedly haven't collected them.

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Jul 9, 11 10:42 PM
PLEASE BROUGHT THIS GAME JUNE 30 GOT A game coupon and told to uninstall and install when game was fixed july it was surpose to be fixed so I reistalled where I had purchase the game 5 times uninstalled and reinstalled its still slower than heck I tried to buy it again and it said I have purchase this game already HELP ME PLEASE HowDO I BUY THE CD the extra 6.99 or whatever to this game and will this work BETTER. I want the game THE SILLY STUFF NEEDsTO STOP I AM WANTING THIS GAME > YOU HAVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS EMAIL ME I AM IT INSTALLS SO SLOW PLAYS SLOW SAME PROBLEM A LOT OF PEOPLE WERE HAVING WHAT TO DO?????????????????????

salyandpepper
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by salyandpepper on Jul 10, 11 8:10 AM
Hi all

Your lucky Kinget, I cant even get the game on my screen, Have uninstalled 3 times now, checked the drivers, everything I can think of including the new version 5th July. It must be even more frustrating to get all the way through and nothing.

Second game of mine this week that has had problems. Still waiting to hear back from customer support so I can report second game.

Feel better now I have had a rant................ sorry.

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Jul 10, 11 11:09 AM
Love this game BUT.......every time I exit (to shop, eat etc!) I lose some of my inventory items on resumption! I'm now in the bonus chapter & I've lost the rock & can't get it back! PLEASE don't tell me that I have to start again from the beginning with a new profile.....????

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Jul 10, 11 9:37 PM
I can't even get this game to start. It goes through the opening credits, then bumps me out as if I played the game and exited. SO frustrated.

sue2610
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sue2610 on Jul 12, 11 12:55 PM
i cannot open the game at all, at first i got an access violation code so i uninstalled and re installed it but now it wont even open i am only ding the trial and each time i close it down i lose a minute.

[Post New]by triquetra33 on Jul 12, 11 5:15 PM
Loved the look of this game, but can't even play the demo, just crashes- uninstalled, reinstalled, new profile, etc. Still same problem, right at the beginning trying to get David out of the car. I'm generally disappointed with BFG in general, close to half of the games I try or buy have problems lately. I sent a Dr. Felix about a game I purchased last week, and I still haven't gotten a response. Looks like I won't be buying games much this month yet again.

[Post New]by triquetra33 on Jul 12, 11 5:18 PM
sue2610 wrote:i cannot open the game at all, at first i got an access violation code so i uninstalled and re installed it but now it wont even open i am only ding the trial and each time i close it down i lose a minute.

Same here, I don't have the patience anymore to try a third go round.

Hey BFG, how bout a thread that just announces fixes? Lots of games I tried in the past I liked but had issues, and it would be nice to just go to a thread and see all recent fixes, say 1x per week? Just a thought

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jul 14, 11 4:14 PM
This did not resolve the issue for me. I have requested and received a refund. Thank you, BFG.

I really wanted to play this game but guess it's not meant to be.

bfgHondo wrote:Hey fishies!

If you played the free trial version of this game before purchasing it and are now experiencing the "12 eyes" issue, please <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> your game to get the <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/168068.page">newest version</a> that address this issue.

**In order for this fix to take effect, however, please note that you must create a new player profile.**

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by moogie2u on Jul 14, 11 4:35 PM
I've been trying to complete the "twelve eyes' puzzle and no matter what I do with the magnifying glass,clicking on each set of eyes,nothing works! any ideas out there? thanks

[Post New]by moogie2u on Jul 14, 11 4:41 PM
re Honda's response, but if I uninstall & re-install am I losing everything I've accomplished ?

[Post New]by gurabo44 on Jul 15, 11 10:30 AM
I BOUGHT THE GAME AND I PLAYED IT BUT I HAD SOME COMP. PROBLEMS AND NOW WHEN I TRY TO PLAY IT SAYS ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR CAN U HELP ME HOW DO I GET THE GAME TO PLAY

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Jul 15, 11 8:02 PM
mostly_nameless wrote:Reinstalled the game after the new version and now I'm stuck at 12 eyes.

Also, the cursor is attrocious. I had to get rid of custom cursor to even play the game and the magnifying glass cursor just sort of goes where it wants.

Oh, and as long as I'm complaining, I can't start the game from the game manager at all. It just never starts, but it says the game is running if I click on it again.

I am having the same problem!
I click on play, but it wont start, and if I click again it says game running

[Post New]by Juniorjunebug on Jul 16, 11 3:11 PM
hi tech guys...just wanted to let you know how dissapointed i am with the problems in this game. i had to reinstall to get past the 12 eyes and start the game from the begining again. NOW when i used the diamond to get the diving suit, it didnt go back into my inventory, so no eye for the gargoyle. i would like my money back or some game credits. i am very happy with big fish games as this is only the second game that has had real problems out of ALL the games that i have purchased. this was a good game up untill this point, didnt mind too much to have to reintall but now with this second problem, well like i said, i want my money back please and thank you.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jul 16, 11 3:17 PM
Juniorjunebug, see your post about the diamond. I gave you some info there.

You can't get a refund by just posting here in the forum.

You will need to use the Green Envelope on the right side of this page and send a message to Customer Service and they will work with you on a refund.

[Post New]by indigo729 on Jul 17, 11 6:14 PM
I downloaded the trial version to see if I would want to buy and the game will not open at all. I click on it, it takes me to a black screen and then directly back to the game manager. What's up? This is the second trial version that will not let me open it in a two week time frame.

[Post New]by SENIORGIRL on Jul 18, 11 4:26 PM
I put the diamond in the head underwater and got the settings for the gauges, but when I click on the gauges to change them nothing happens. What can I do to change the gauges. They just keep spinning and the dials don't work.

Edited on 07/18/2011 at 4:28:09 PM PST

Go to: