kve52299
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Path To Success technical issues here only

[Post New]by kve52299 on Jul 11, 11 5:32 AM
kaleycoops wrote:
jkuci wrote:The game got stuck twice and would not advance when I ran out of day hours but I was in front of the "cheap housing".
The game would not allow me to go in and sleep for the night. Just stopped. I created a new avatar and started all over again once - but after the second time it happened, I believe I'll just ask for a refund.

I have exactly the same problem. I have come really far as well.. I dont want to start again! This needs a fix!!!

Same here, I got to the test pilot goal and can't sleep or move and the day is done!

[Post New]by slothy on Jul 11, 11 4:32 PM
I too have been experiencing the freezing, if you leave the apartment with no day time left, it doesn't let you go in and sleep. I had several hours into the game when it did this the first time and then again the 2nd. Not impressed, I will be asking for a refund.

michelha75
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by michelha75 on Jul 12, 11 10:48 AM
*cries* ok I've dealt with the lag whenever i sleep since i bought a pet. I figured out that footstools and sofas were switched around. I've dealt with the accidental purchases with clothing. And that you have to close your bank account and create a new one whenever you reach a new deposit level or you don't get your proper interest. BUT what i can't deal with is the fact that I've almost completed the game (all skills, schooling ect maxed) and i make a mistake and instead of hitting sleep I exited my apartment. Now i can go no further because it won't let me enter the apartment and won't let me go anywhere. Normally Alawar games has my highest marks but this is an extreme disappointment A glitch that pretty much ends the game and forces the person to start from the beginning again is huge and needs to be fixed!

[Post New]by Ajaner on Jul 12, 11 11:49 AM
jkuci wrote:The game got stuck twice and would not advance when I ran out of day hours but I was in front of the "cheap housing".
The game would not allow me to go in and sleep for the night. Just stopped. I created a new avatar and started all over again once - but after the second time it happened, I believe I'll just ask for a refund.

Has happened to me to, just that i was on the 2nd type housing. Needless to say, its very frustrating...

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on Jul 12, 11 2:14 PM
I have experienced all the problems listed, and I am not talking about the mis-labled "foot-stool" sofa; I refer to the lag in the load time that occurs once you get a pet that requires up to a 2 minute wait period as meters reload in sleep. The game freezing has happened too. When I approached customer service they told me to check my video driver and see if it needs updating- it didn't. When I informed them that the forums technical issues folder was full for this game and pointed out that we cannot all need updated drivers, they offered me a refund. Has anyone out there found that updating your video driver(card,etc) actually made an improvement in this game? Please let us know...

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on Jul 12, 11 5:16 PM
My only problem with the game so far is the "Jerky" lagging on the sleep screen, and the pet not always showing up. Thankfully I found out about the "sofa/footstool" error due to some wonderful person posting a solution.

I do hope they come out with a patch for this. It is a good game, but spoiled by the glitches.

syrionia
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by syrionia on Jul 13, 11 5:08 AM
After doing gthe 'relax at home' challenge, friend 4 or 5 I think, she just gets stuck outside of the cheap apartments.
My hour's trial just finished and I'd just bought the game and played a few minutes before this happened.

Who beta tested these games?!

[Post New]by steeladept on Jul 13, 11 9:27 AM
syrionia wrote:After doing gthe 'relax at home' challenge, friend 4 or 5 I think, she just gets stuck outside of the cheap apartments.
My hour's trial just finished and I'd just bought the game and played a few minutes before this happened.

Who beta tested these games?!

We do...I know I have beta tested a couple of them. Not this one unfortunately, or I would have not bought it for the same reasons listed above. I can tell you the ones I beta tested, though, are not full games - they are only the 1 hour trials, and since I bought this off the trial, I would guess any tester didn't see any issues with it. Unfortunate...And unfortunate that the developer doesn't stop by to help either.

I get the issue with the banner pets all the time. The CPU pegs at 100% useage and everything goes at a snail's pace (10 minutes real time usually). Then I get to play for 1 minute and wait another 10. That is until I get over $500 in interest award. Then it freezes up and starts me over on the level. I can bypass that hangup for a while, but I shouldn't have to!

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Jul 13, 11 11:34 AM
teej0895 wrote:There is a glitch on the "buy a boat", "go sailing 10 times from the boating club", "write a doctoral dissertation about protecting the environment" challenge.

I've bought a rubber boat, a sailboat, and a catamaran, but it does not show that I have bought a boat in the challenge/goals section.

I have completed the doctoral dissertation goal as well and it is not marking it off on my goals in the pacebook.

By the way, go sailing is not an option at the boat club, but is an option at the cruise ship.

Same here. I am still trying to discover what they mean by 'boat' and have no idea if taking a sail from the same place you buy a cruise counts. The 'Doctoral thesis' is completed by getting/accomplishing a master's degree/dissertation.
LOTS of glitches. Any chance of a fix?
If not, I am definitely requesting a refund.

jd0001
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by jd0001 on Jul 13, 11 12:29 PM
Played almost to the end when character frooze and wouldnt move or do anything couldnt enter home couldnt go anywhere. Had happen b4 restarted but dont want to restart when Im so close to end. plus when I have all the pets lags big time. sometimes it doesnt save so had to redo some quests.

Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by 222426 on Jul 13, 11 4:36 PM

Plus, it takes up to 20 minutes for the sleep cycle to run in the game sometimes, making the game too frustrating to play.

Will watch the forums for a while to see if a patch or update comes out before asking for a refund. I've been a member for several years and have never had to ask for a refund that I can recall. Sadly, this could be a great game, if it weren't for all the issues.

[Post New]by milaelkins on Jul 13, 11 6:22 PM
I just wasted my hour trial trying to figure out how to upgrade my housing so I could buy a sofa, and apparently I need to buy a footstool instead? O well, doesn't matter now that even though I paused the game, my hour ran out. I don't think I'll be purchasing the full version.

[Post New]by judybat16 on Jul 13, 11 7:30 PM
I'm also having the footstool/sofa glitch, but I bought a sofa under the footstool tab and it still isn't working.

I'm really annoyed. I bought this game, and I'm regretting that!

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Jul 14, 11 4:09 PM
There is a patch that I dl'd today for this game, but I only have 6 mins of trial time, and would like to know what it fixes. Anyone else use it?

It's all the glitches that are keeping me from buying this game, since I usually like this type of game.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 14, 11 5:18 PM
Hey fishies!

We have a new version of Path To Success available now! The new version of this game fixes the following:

-the "sofa" is now properly labeled as a "footstool"
-freezing issues throughout the game

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread so that we can monitor the tech issues that are specific to the new build, but please feel free to post your tech issues and questions in the new 'tech issues' thread.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 5:21:17 PM PST

Go to: