nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Your Comments for The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jul 7, 11 9:57 AM
Hi,
Well it's almost 1:00 p.m. est time in the states and I have been playing the game for over an hour. It took about 20 mins to fix resolution satisfactorily. I could have played it loaded to left or window size screen but I chose to do things this way for now.
Once I figured out how to fix it to stay in the middle of my screen, Vaio, windows 7, 64 bit, changed resolution from 1600 x 900 to 600 x 800, I have really enjoyed this game.
I turned off the help but it still is quite helpful without it. I love the fact I don't have to play linear. I have been kind of choosing to go back and forth with a found object and use it where it is needed. I find myself delightfully surprised with the reactions in the game. I haven't used strategy guide yet but i'm still just at the begining to middle parts. Hopefully I won't have missed something vital. LOL....but that's the fun of it.
Anyway that's my 2 cents worth! Back to playing! Beautiful summer day here today by the way.
Happy gaming!
Sally

Re:Your Comments for The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jul 7, 11 10:14 AM
After finishing the demo,I have to say I agree with a lot of the other comments...not CE quality. And truthfully, I probably won't buy it when it comes out as an SE. Control was taken from me too many times and I was told what to do and where to go. I like to find those things out myself. What puzzles I did find were relatively simple. There was a lot of interrupting the game to "show" or "tell" me things and when I clicked on a place where it showed interest, I would just get a message at the top that had nothing really to do with moving the game along. Just not my cup of tea.
Last night I started playing Raincliff again and that's how I like to play. I want to be able to do most everything myself...even when it comes to something simple like using a screwdriver to remove screws...I want to remove them all (silly, I know) so don't take the screwdriver from me and magically remove all the screws while I watch. Okay, so the screwdriver thing is probably signs of a compulsive disorder of some kind but that's how I like to play.

Yea, I'm almost a minnow...which means I'll be able to hear better??????

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 10:18:54 AM PST

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jul 7, 11 11:16 AM
care___916 wrote:Played the demo have to think about this one. Great graphics and I liked the story. Dont want to waste my money on another short CE.

Not have voices doesnt help my decision any easier. Love those voices.

Happy gaming

Finished demo, When I found the first person needing rescuing I couldn't help miss the voice overs,also the camera shots showing girl talking boring without a voice. If ever a game could have pushed me into buying a CE voices in this one would have helped. For those who don't like voices DV give people option of no voice. For me I will wait to purchase the game when its normal price. I agree with what I see this isn't CE game. Come on if your going to try and surprise us with a monster at least give it a voice. I appreciate fast hint refill, but not enough interactivity if I want lots of Hidden object games I have a ton of them, I want interactive adventure games. The sparkles were fine for me except I dreaded the Hidden objects.Just my opinion.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jul 7, 11 1:34 PM
played the demo with no probs, but was pretty much bored throughout. i agree with shadowfax44 re the mini games, and some of the rest of the pond re sparkles.
this is no buy for me, don't think what i've seen so far is ce worthy. seems like really good games were at the beginning of summer...for those who differ, enjoy!

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Jul 7, 11 2:33 PM
Kelvarda wrote:
grannyq wrote:
peglegann wrote:It has black bars either side of the screen on mine but I am used to that. A good game takes my mind off them. LOL!
Not sure if I can call this a good game though. No choice of modes, sparkles to pick things up, sparkles to go to a H0 scene, basically full of sparkles.
I think I may have done a beta on this, a very long time ago, either that or it is very similar to another game. At the moment, it is not worth the CE price to me, especially as we are supposed to be having another CE H0G this week, which is ridiculous!
I had a choice of game play.

@ grannyq

I would have loved to have a choice of game play! Where did you find it??

Kel
I tried another game today and was confused between the two. This game had only one mode of play. Sorry!!!

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Jul 7, 11 3:13 PM
Seems to be a good game. The only problem was the game stalled during exit, so I had to use the Esc button, other than that a very nice game. The story seems mysterious and worth playing/purchasing. So, definitely a good buy. Did you see the eerie footprint . . . . ? What lies ahead, do you dare to search and rescue?

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jul 7, 11 3:56 PM
I have to add my vote for being quite disappointed that this was chosen as a CE . It is not the quality nor did it provide the game enjoyment that I expect from a CE priced offering.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Jul 7, 11 4:05 PM
Did not really like this game much. Had to use system cursor as game one much too slow. And the down arrow pointed up, so was very confusing as to where to go. Also feel that I seemed to click and click and click and wasn't progressing very far in game. And why do game developers feel they need to punish us for a few wrong clicks in the HOGs. Really good graphics, but is a wait on SE for me.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 7, 11 4:33 PM
I enjoyed the demo, i will wait for the se

bluesea30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bluesea30 on Jul 7, 11 5:22 PM
[b]No more SPARKLES!!

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Jul 7, 11 7:13 PM
bluesea30 wrote:[b]No more SPARKLES!!

Well some people actually like Sparkles. I'm in two minds about them, in some quite bizarre not even remotely helpful and non-linear to the point of surreal games they'd be quite useful, most run of the mill don't need them. Best way is to give the option for off or on that way you keep everyone happy, which is usually hard.

Though I'm not with a few here, I really dislike voice overs, generally because I'm British born living in Australia and I have no problem with US accents and inflections, it's when an obviously American voice attempts a British or even worse and Aussie accent that I just wince. It always throws me out of the 'suspension of disbelief' that makes the games fun.

See I'd like the option to 'turn voice-over off' or even better download without, that would reduce the size significantly.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 8:12 PM
Hi there,
Well, I finally decided to manually alter my screen resolution so I could play the sample of this game (what a nuisance - games usually do this automatically), and I have to confess for the second time (I think), that I will not be purchasing a CE.
No need for a Strategy Guide (couldn't even tell you if it was helpful or not), as you really don't need one as you are guided through the game without any real strategy needed!!! LOL
And I only hope that the SE at least lets you rescue all of the team and finishes the story - no "To Be Continued" with the solution in the extra game play. If this is so, I might consider the SE if I need to fill a punchcard or something - but won't be waiting with bated breath.
Boy, I wish devs would get the idea that a lot of us would like to choose a difficulty level.
Cheers

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jul 7, 11 8:52 PM
Well, there went 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back. What a snooze-fest. Slow moving, graphic quality only fair, story didn't grab me at all. Yup, definitely not CE material.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 8, 11 1:06 AM
Mudrock wrote; This week we've got The Missing - A Search and Rescue Mystery Collector's Edition coming out. Fantastic looking game that is a lot of fun to play. The puzzles are challenging, but not distractingly difficult.

This is the first time ever I've not bought a CE, nor will I buy it even as a DD! Where were the challenging puzzles? Found them so simple that a child aged 5 could have sussed them.
Looked like an SE game that had an extra chapter chucked at it to make it a CE. Really think had this game had a difficulty choice and a 'no sparkles, no hand holding' mode I would have bought it!
I find it insulting when game devs think one is too stupid to know something with a lock needs a key, or screws require a screw driver......
Shame as the game had potential!

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jul 8, 11 2:12 AM
I have to disagree with others, I liked this game . It wasn't one of the best adventure **** games, but it was pretty good. The story was easy to follow, the objects easy enough to find, the mini games were different. I enjoyed it, and rated it a 7 out of 10.

ladymajik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ladymajik on Jul 8, 11 2:58 AM
I love this post! As I am not yet 70 I am 54 and disabilled, I find these simpler games a pleasant rest for my weary brain.
I personally think this is nothing like the above mentioned game, as I was actually bored with that one. However, I am going to run against the grain here and say that so far, and I am not all that far into the trial, it is a very good game for me. Now mentioning that, I'll say perhaps it is my age, 70, and I enjoy an easier, more relaxed, less brain straining type. To me, it may not be worth a CE price so I may pass for the SE, though I do enjoy it, laugh at the stupid mistakes they make, and Love the music.

MO. Happy gaming and this is a positive review, mostly for waiting for the SE, but a slight possible option to going ahead and purchasing the CE. Most times, the hint actually guide or show you the way, but not always. I am enjoying the game to this point and we'll see by the end of the trial.

A devoted BF gamer! LOL

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Jul 8, 11 9:45 AM
Hi fishes,

By reading all the comments I will not be buying this CE.
I don't trial the games beforhand, but would like to take this opportunity to thank all you fishes who take the trouble to comment.
I read all comments for any game I fancy, then make my mind up.

Keep up the good work and thank you.

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 12:12:18 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 8, 11 1:23 PM
Well, I didn`t finish the demo in half an hour - it was almost an hour before I was done.

I also don`t think this game should be classed as "beginner game". Some of us are not beginners and still enjoy a game that is easy enough to play.
I don`t like to struggle through a game, and I don`t like to use the skip button every time I can`t do a puzzle. I prefer it when the puzzles are easy enough for me to solve them without having to check a walkthrough or use the skip button.
Just wanted to say that, because lately this kind of comment has become routine with a lot of games.

I really enjoyed the game. It took me several hours to play. I have not come across any problems with the cursor or anything else, and it was a fun game.
And I am really happy that I chose, after all, not to wait for the SE to come out, because then I would have missed out on a really great bonus game, which seemed almost even better than the main game.

Happy gaming, everyone!

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on Jul 8, 11 8:32 PM
I agree with Valdy. Some work weeks are very long for hours. For relaxation I do not always want difficult games. Sometimes I enjoy them, but I like the mixture of all various games. I usually read the reviews after two days when members have bought and played the whole game, but that is just me.

I only read reviews for doubtful games, otherwise, I just purchase and play as I know what I prefer but enjoy reading other viewpoints.

I just purchased this game.

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Jul 9, 11 7:22 AM
loved it just finished way too short no probs at all a big thumbs up 4 u b.f people keep up the good work

Go to: