Re:Reviews for The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LadyXXXHolic on Jul 12, 11 1:33 AM
Once again I must say "I hate demo's!" I always have time left over and the demos never give me enough to go on to tell if I want the game or not. The graphics aren't great and the sound didn't always sync with the images. I'll pass on it.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Jul 12, 11 11:40 AM
so I downloaded the demo and started to play I haven't finished the demo yet but.... As a ground search and rescuer I have notice a couple of things

1) searchers don't go out on searches alone ( saftey factor being the reason)

2) there would have been at least two teams of two or three hit the island as a go team ( teams that go in and scout the situation)

3) this searcher should already have quite a bit of equipment in his ready pack

4) why didn't he have an inflatable in the plane?

5) scenes should allow for the searcher to actually search in actual search thelast thing you would worry about is picking up crystals your priority is finding the person(people) not objects I found this dumb, searchers think outside the box when up against obstacles so they woulld have marked the safe if they thought it was important and called it in so the police could check it out.

6) why isn't he calling in his postion when landing and telling his rescue managers that he is flying around the Island.
?

Searchers would never progress without first contacting the rest of their team, as for when he swam ot the fog island his first piroity would be himself to get warm and dry. because as far as saftey goes in a search its self team subject(s) because if he is in trouble he wont be able to help anyone else. which brings me to the fact why hasn't he radioed the police once he saw the strange monster man thing?

perhaps I expected too much I'll finish the demo and see

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Jul 12, 11 12:03 PM
Will pass on this one.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jul 13, 11 9:41 AM
It had such promise.....The graphics are awesome and it's an interesting story. But the sparkles are everywhere! There is no challenge whatsoever in this game. A word to the developers: Next time make sparkles an option. Not a buy for me, even in the SE version.

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Jul 13, 11 11:09 AM
Very glad I tried instead of buying! No challenge at all.

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Jul 13, 11 12:09 PM
I loved the game fishes this is a go. Thanks big fish

maggisaxby
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by maggisaxby on Jul 13, 11 3:11 PM
Oh dear, seen the reviews and STILL bought it. TWIT!.......... EASY EASY EASY PEASY!...........QUITE DULL.... good for beginners though. But CE? I think not. Need something to get my teeth into

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Jul 13, 11 3:52 PM
+ no tech issues
+ gripping story
+ great soundtrack
+ good graphics
+ clear and easy H0 scenes

- incredibly short - I was lazying around like never before and still made it through demo in 32 minutes.
- sparkles - everything sparkles immediately after entering new location... whyyyyy. It killed half of enjoyment.
- easy puzzles.

I will get this one as SE. It feels like a really good game, but the sparkles... and of course it's not the CE length. This game would have been very good as SE-only title.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:Review for A Search and Rescue Mystery Collectors Edition

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jul 13, 11 8:31 PM
Kelvarda wrote:Devs: Sulus Games. Options: Sound, Music, Environment. Full Screen, Custom Cursor, Mute All. Overclick Penalty: Cursor dissolves in a puff of swirly black smoke. I only have a 15in Monitor and it did NOT fill my screen. Black bars down either side. Intro Cut scenes are not skippable, in fact you have to click continue to change the scene

There is a skippable Tutorial but NO OPTION for Game Play (Easy, Hard, Casual etc) which is a MAJOR DISSAPPOINTMENT

I read quite a bit of 'Hype' from various members in the forum and this game even warranted it's own thread http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/132098.page but it's a pity it doesn't live up to it.

Even the Mighty Mudrock said
Lots of fun to play. Puzzles are challenging but not distractingly difficult

Well, yes, it might be fun, but unless the puzzles get harder as the game progresses I didn't find any of the ones encountered either distracting OR difficult.

And why did the 'Wind' suddenly come up and blow when I opened the GATE!! It wasn't a SOLID gate, just a metal fancy one, surely the 'WIND' could have blown through the gate before it was opened!

Sparkle, Sparkle everywhere (even to show H0G scenes), to pick things up, to look at things. Just too many for me. So this is one CE I won't be buying, I'll wait for the SE, thank you very much

Kel

eta: As I was posting this review ZuluDawn13 was posting that they had nearly finished the game inc Bonus 3.5 hours after release. Extremely SHORT for a CE and definitely not worth it

edit: typos

Yes the gate wasn't solid. But I believe it is the action of opening the gate itself that triggers the phenomenon..and now you've started something that otherwise might not have happened had you left things well enough alone... kinda like Pandora's box.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jul 13, 11 8:35 PM
A lot of people seem to be dissing this game but I quite liked it. I do tend to agree that most CE's are not worth it, so I too will wait for the SE. Yes this was easy, but I did not find it boring and yes..it is VERY much like Lost.....plane crash, smoke monster..the only thing missing was the word "Dharma" written on the hatch. The graphics are outstanding.

gcarr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by gcarr on Jul 17, 11 1:46 AM
I would have to say that it's not worth a collectors edition price, most of the other ones take a long time to do my husband finished this in a few hours, which is not likley with other ones have to say very disappointed, waste of money

LadyIn60s
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by LadyIn60s on Jul 19, 11 2:47 PM
Cute game, if you like cute and simple! Definately not worth a CE. The game was on the short side. The game is probably more suited for new game players. Most certainly not even close to an MCF. If you have graduated to games with twists, surprises and challenges, this one is not for you. Unfortuneately I recognized this with the free play and went ahead anyway. ONWARD!!!!!!!!

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Jul 20, 11 7:11 PM
I wanted to like this game, but it just wasn't one of my favorites. I've not played the extra chapter yet. The artwork/graphics have a decidely CG look--I think it was a bit too realistic for my tastes. I like the artwork better when it has a more hand rendered look. One positive thing is that the violence wasn't excessive, no corpses of people or animals popping up all over, no gorey flashbacks of murders and stuff like that like in some other horror themed games. The music was ok with me, it seems I've heard it before in other offerings. The creepiness factor was rather low, it had more an air of an adventures story than a scary one.

Whether it is worth the CE money I'll determine once I play the bonus chapter. Some bonus chapters are like a whole new game added on with a lot of territory to cover. In this case I'm hoping it's kind of short; I'm ready to move on to a new offering.

To be fair there are few games that I out and out dislike, although this type of story didn't appeal to me--it might to others. I'm rather tired of the missing/kidnapped student theme. I'd done that before in Dire Grove and Mystery Trackers.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jul 26, 11 11:59 AM
Well, I guess it's time to reevaluate "The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery Collector's Edition"...

It was announced that there was a game update loaded on 07/23/11 based on forum feedback!

bfgArnoStyx wrote:We have a new version of The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game adds a “Hard Mode” difficulty to the game due to Forum feedback.

I have to give high praise to any developer for responding to forum feedback like this.

In TeamSD Rating jargon: A*

P. S. I'll probably buy the SE though.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Aug 15, 11 4:08 PM
This was a very interesting game. You get to fly a plane, do scuba diving and get into some challenging jams. The game captivated my interest and was easy to play through ... almost too easy because before I knew it I had reached the finish. I went on to play the"bonus" gameplay and again found it interesting ... but like the main game I was through it in no time. I will return yo replay the game in the more difficult mode .... perhaps that will give me the challenge I was expecting. A super game but not up to the level of some of the other CE games.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 26, 11 9:56 PM
Now that this has a hard mode attached to it which I will say is very AWESOME!!! that the developers actually read all this and listened to what people were saying, I will re-download it again and see if it having a hard mode changes my mind. I liked the game just hated the constant sparkling of everything. It insulted my intelligence but thanks for actually listening to people's input and making a change.

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Sep 15, 11 12:56 PM
This was a great game for me. I'm not a pro....just a little old lady who enjoys games that challenge me little, entertain me a little and take me traveling without a suitcase and all the other "necessities" we drag along on an excursion. I spent parts of 3 days on the game and then finished up the bonus part in another couple hours of real enjoyment. The graphics were clear and colorful and the game was one that kept my interest and attention. My thanks to Solus the Developer and BFG the great Distributer who brings us so many good games for a reasonable price. I'm looking forward to many more games from here some of which I hope will be as good as "The Missing."

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 21, 11 9:38 AM
I picked this up during the CE sale. It wasn't high on my list of game priorities but with the sale going on I figured why not go ahead and get it. I enjoyed the game a lot, playing in hard mode. It's more of an adventure game than a hidden object game. I also think the bonus game is worthy of mention; I liked the bonus game just as much if not more than the main game and I'm very glad that I didn't miss out on it, as it was interesting and fun.

JamieJBD
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by JamieJBD on Sep 22, 11 9:10 AM
I do agree with some that said the game was short. Yes.
But I enjoyed it a lot.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 8, 12 5:25 PM
I bough this game after doing the demo, the game graphics are very clear and surprisingly crisp, the game story is a littler bit odd, but once you understand what is all about it kind of hit you.

nice game.

Go to: