vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

Re:Comments for F.A.C.E.S Collector's Edition

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Jul 14, 11 2:05 PM
I just came in from the game for a quick breather. Thanks Vogat for another fabulous game.. I love all the extra work you put into this game and am really enjoying it.. This may be a bit of a review but I'm coming here to have my say.. The graphics are great. I love how all of a sudden you realize there is an eyeball watching you or the tin cup rattles, the spin top moves along and what ever else is to come. I really like the sound effects and the task list or I guess it's the file list here.. Great job as usual Thank you for staying with Vogat and thank you Vogat for another job well done.. . can hardly wait to finish... but I do it very slowly so I should have lots of game time to go...

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jul 14, 11 2:13 PM
I wasn't all that impressed by this game. I played about 10 minutes and then deleted it. It just didn't grab me I guess.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jul 14, 11 3:02 PM
Add me to the list that LOVE lots of H0 scenes...I'm disappointed if I buy a CE and there aren't enough! Please Vogat don't change that! I play Adventure, RPG, M3, console games too.. but I buy a HOG for HOGs! I also love the asylum theme..better than looking for lost grampas!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 14, 11 5:08 PM
I appreciate all of the great reviews we get here in the pond, but can somebody please tell me what happened to Goofyduck77? I miss those reviews.

Awesome game. I have all 6 of the others and have never been disappointed in any of them. Great graphics, sound and game play. Games are challenging, but not too difficult. Very nice WT. I know, this is a CE (again!), but I have the others...I have to have this one too.

Happy gaming....

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jul 14, 11 7:14 PM
May not belong here but you mentioned using your 2 game credits. I love this game and appreciate the devs time and effort. Just got done playing the demo and will probably buy even as a CE; however, can you tell me how to save credits earned. I get a monthly credit for membership and can't save them up to buy games because if I hit buy a game it automatically uses the 1 credit I had?? Help

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jul 14, 11 7:22 PM
krissywillow wrote:Some people in these forums DO act as though they own the thread. They are not necessarily insulting, etc. but they act like it's their thread and that is annoying. It turns people off.

I am not going to say anything more about it. I have been here a long time. I am not a newbie. I have seen this repeatedly.

I am not pointing fingers at any person or persons. I am stating what is glaringly obvious.

I've been on these forums for almost a year now and I totally agree with what you are saying Krissywillow. These forums can be very cliquish, and there are people on here who act like they own the place. This can be intimidating to newbies. When I was a newbie on this site, I posted a lot more back then than I do now, and I was disappointed to find that people ignored me or didn't acknowledge what I had to say because I wasn't part of their clique. I didn't have as much of a desire to post after that, and I only post occasionally now, if I am having a technical problem or if I have something to say about a game that I think it important, but I have long given up on trying to be accepted by the community on here. It reminds me of high school and trying to be accepted by the popular crowd but them not letting you in, that is how I feel about this site. The popular posters on here get the attention, and the rest of us get ignored. Although there was one time when one of the popular posters here, whose name starts with a D, decided to reply to one of my posts and insult me for warning other gamers about something that I found to be offensive in a game, that I felt other people might want to know about in case it offended them too. Some people warn others about spiders or rats in a game, since they don't like playing games with those things in them, I am a vegetarian so I started a post warning other vegetarians on here about animal abuse in a game, and this person mocked me for doing that, even though my post wasn't addressed to them. I did not appreciate being insulted by this person, and I think it is things like that which make this an unfriendly community.

This post has been off topic so I wanted to say something about the game as well. I am a big Vogat fan, so I was excited to see a new game from them. I am trying not to buy CE's but I might have to buy this one. The demo went by way too fast and I really enjoyed it. It kind of reminds me of Reincarnations Uncover The Past, which is another Vogat game I love!

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 7:25:11 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 14, 11 7:41 PM
wow... okay... either this game is so totally non-linear that i haven't yet found the trip wire that shuts the trial down, or i am indeed among the slowest of the slow... i have played nearly the whole hour and wandered upstairs and downstairs in my hospital gown, and i haven't gotten shut down, yet...

what i have to say about the game is that i actually like it... the lack of voices strengthens that eerie feeling of being totally alone where you want to be anything but... it magnifies the silence and leaves every small sound echoing down deserted corridors until they feed their own kind of madness... it's disturbing

one thing i could do without are those bright flashes of light after finishing a puzzle really could've done with a warning that the light i was trying to block while putting that dark blue window together could actually get through and still blind me! but i will concede a for having the only hidden object scene cockroach lying dead on its back! yay!

so, i'm gonna pitch on this one and see how close to the mark it comes!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 14, 11 8:04 PM
fireeyes5 wrote:May not belong here but you mentioned using your 2 game credits. I love this game and appreciate the devs time and effort. Just got done playing the demo and will probably buy even as a CE; however, can you tell me how to save credits earned. I get a monthly credit for membership and can't save them up to buy games because if I hit buy a game it automatically uses the 1 credit I had?? Help

It will apply your club credit unless you have a punch credit code or some other BFG coupon code to apply in the box that says "have a coupon code".

But, you can do the equivalent of paying cash by purchasing additional game club credits in the line right below the game you are buying.

Do you know how punch cards work here? For every standard (SE, DD, CotW) game you buy, you get one punch, for every CE you buy, you get 3 punches. Get a total of 6 punches in any given month and you get a coupon good for one standard game. Get 12 punches, get 2 coupons, etc.

CE's required a Credit card purchase until recently. Now we can apply 2 game club credits for a CE purchase.

When you use punch card credits for standard games or Game Club credits for CE's, you still get the punches. These credits give you the opportunity to save up your game club credits to use toward CE's.

Hope that's clear. It gets complicated.

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Jul 14, 11 8:46 PM
Surrie wrote:since you feel this is your thread for your friends maybe, well I will take my leave of you
....okay ...whatever odd thing to post why not PM

Dont get too serious with life or it just may get serious with you..

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jul 14, 11 9:00 PM
fireeyes5 wrote:May not belong here but you mentioned using your 2 game credits. I love this game and appreciate the devs time and effort. Just got done playing the demo and will probably buy even as a CE; however, can you tell me how to save credits earned. I get a monthly credit for membership and can't save them up to buy games because if I hit buy a game it automatically uses the 1 credit I had?? Help

You can save credits. If you want to buy a game, do not choose the option to use your game club credit to pay with it. You can choose to pay with your credit card or a coupon code instead of using the monthly credit. If you have a coupon code, enter that in to the box for coupon codes, and it will let you pay with that, instead of with your game club credit. Hope that helps!

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Jul 14, 11 9:10 PM
I dont usually like the sanatorium /psycho genre but I've enjoyed the trial enough to to decide its a buy for me even as a CE.
Like many am Im a Vogat games fan, so I expect to enjoy at least 5 or so hours with this one...okay so I may be slow but usually get most puzzles etc out.
Decided 25mins into the F.A.C.E.S. trial as I didnt want to "spoilt' it coz just knew I was going to buy it....downloading now .

re my previous comment I was unaware of any forum politics and hope if there are no personal missundersandings i havent aliengned myself intestionallyinadvertanly to any person or opinion

salaams from Oz

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jul 14, 11 10:57 PM
roxiestar74 wrote:
krissywillow wrote:Some people in these forums DO act as though they own the thread. They are not necessarily insulting, etc. but they act like it's their thread and that is annoying. It turns people off.

I am not going to say anything more about it. I have been here a long time. I am not a newbie. I have seen this repeatedly.

I am not pointing fingers at any person or persons. I am stating what is glaringly obvious.

I've been on these forums for almost a year now and I totally agree with what you are saying Krissywillow. These forums can be very cliquish, and there are people on here who act like they own the place. This can be intimidating to newbies. When I was a newbie on this site, I posted a lot more back then than I do now, and I was disappointed to find that people ignored me or didn't acknowledge what I had to say because I wasn't part of their clique. I didn't have as much of a desire to post after that, and I only post occasionally now, if I am having a technical problem or if I have something to say about a game that I think it important, but I have long given up on trying to be accepted by the community on here. It reminds me of high school and trying to be accepted by the popular crowd but them not letting you in, that is how I feel about this site. The popular posters on here get the attention, and the rest of us get ignored. Although there was one time when one of the popular posters here, whose name starts with a D, decided to reply to one of my posts and insult me for warning other gamers about something that I found to be offensive in a game, that I felt other people might want to know about in case it offended them too. Some people warn others about spiders or rats in a game, since they don't like playing games with those things in them, I am a vegetarian so I started a post warning other vegetarians on here about animal abuse in a game, and this person mocked me for doing that, even though my post wasn't addressed to them. I did not appreciate being insulted by this person, and I think it is things like that which make this an unfriendly community.

I agree with both of you.
Some just can't get over the fact that "popularity" in HighSchool never mattered. Even 10-20-30+yrs later...
-Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction-

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 10:59:54 PM PST

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jul 15, 11 12:37 AM
Thanks to all who replied about game credits...I will try to do it the way you described. I finished the game and really think it was worth the CE price.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 15, 11 12:51 AM

LOL! Is this a quote on F.A.C.E.S. or on some fishies?

My comment on the game. is that it is a disappointment. I have put a longer post in the review thread.

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Jul 15, 11 4:40 AM
If I hadn't beta tested this game I may have passed just not wanting to spend on another collectors edition this month, but I did test it and got hooked on the story then, so bought the game and I love it, I just finished it but leaving the bonus game till tomorrow because its after 3am. Didn't her dad look like Spock? lol that was kind of funny, overall I enjoyed playing this game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 15, 11 6:47 AM
megwoman25 wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Well, it is listed under the Hidden Object tab...so...
Cheers

Yes it is n I love Hidden Object games but I like a balance between puzzle & object finding, not just hidden object scene, after scene, after scene especially when there is no interactive feature in the hidden object scene. Thats just my opinion...

I quite agree. For the most part I love Vogat games and was looking forward to this one. I enjoyed the demo and bought it. However, I must agree that there are far too many hidden object scenes.

Yes it's listed as a hidden object game, so what do I expect? Not one hidden object scene after another, mostly repeats of locations and a few puzzles or interactions in between. I got to what felt like the hundredth scene to search and stopped playing out of sheer boredom.

I bought Tales Of Lagoona and expected all hidden object scenes. I didn't buy this game with the same expectations. Since I'm only at around page 30-something of the SG, no doubt there will be a lot more scenes to search.

Not what I was hoping for and disappointed that I spent money on the CE. Sadly there are no decent SE games coming out lately; two punchcard credits and nothing to buy.

Edited on 07/15/2011 at 6:48:16 AM PST

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Jul 15, 11 7:59 AM
Sadly, I tried this game yesterday and it seems too difficult for me. I used only half the time so I’ll give it more time later and again when the SE comes out. I really wanted to like it. I don’t think there can be too many hidden object scenes for me in a game, as long as there is some story to it.

On a brighter note I have given 30 minutes to an older Vogat game, today’s DD and it seems just right.

Who is Mudrock?

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jul 15, 11 3:13 PM
This game may have been a long time coming but I really enjoyed it. It gave my brain a workout. I liked everything about it including the HOG Scenes. They were not junkpiles and some of the the items were cleverly hidden. Smooth transition from scene to scene by the cursor without jerking movements. I would definitely call this game an inside Adventure and I appreciated the couple of outside scenes so I could catch my breath. The bonus adventure was a good followup to the Main game. I love the way you approach all your Hidden Object games Vogat, I have played them all and this one did not dissapoint. There was really a lot to do in this game and the puzzles were nice. And most of all it was a good length. It was double most games today. Thanks Vogat and Big Fish.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jul 15, 11 4:20 PM
I did my trial on this game this morning and immediately bought it. I love Vogat games. They really have got their own look and gameplay. The stories are a bit different but I don't think they've made a game that I haven't enjoyed.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jul 16, 11 3:48 AM
angelfish106 wrote:

Yes it is n I love Hidden Object games but I like a balance between puzzle & object finding, not just hidden object scene, after scene, after scene especially when there is no interactive feature in the hidden object scene. Thats just my opinion...

I quite agree. For the most part I love Vogat games and was looking forward to this one. I enjoyed the demo and bought it. However, I must agree that there are far too many hidden object scenes.

Yes it's listed as a hidden object game, so what do I expect? Not one hidden object scene after another, mostly repeats of locations and a few puzzles or interactions in between. I got to what felt like the hundredth scene to search and stopped playing out of sheer boredom.

I bought Tales Of Lagoona and expected all hidden object scenes. I didn't buy this game with the same expectations. Since I'm only at around page 30-something of the SG, no doubt there will be a lot more scenes to search.

Not what I was hoping for and disappointed that I spent money on the CE. Sadly there are no decent SE games coming out lately; two punchcard credits and nothing to buy.

I totally agree with you Angelfish. I was expecting a HOPA (Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure) game and it ended up being more Hidden Object than anything else. Like you, I do not like doing one hidden object scene after another. I like some adventure and puzzles mixed in as well. There are some puzzles, but they are not very interesting or original, and the hidden object scenes are pretty boring and repetitive too. Vogat is usually good about having interactive hidden object scenes in their games, which makes them more interesting, but for some reason they decided not to make the scenes interactive in this game. The only thing that makes me want to finish the game is finding out what is going to happen in the story since it is very intriguing. I give Vogat credit for having a very original story in this game that sucks you in, but from a game playing perspective, this game is not one of their best, and that is disappointing since I am a Vogat fan. One of the developers from Vogat came on here and said that the bonus content of the game is better than the rest of the game and does not have as many hidden object scenes, so I do look forward to playing that when I get there.

Edited on 07/16/2011 at 3:49:29 AM PST

Go to: