Re:Reviews for A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Jul 20, 11 3:17 PM
I lasted about 15 mins. and then gave up. Dumb game!

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Jul 20, 11 5:15 PM
while I downloaded the demo dispite all the reveiws (and I read all of them) and much to my surprise when I clicked on the options my name was already there which means of course I had tried this game before at some time in the distant past, nice of them to let me try again some games won't do that. As soon as I saw the map of the train lines I remembered this game, I remember that I got good and lost too. I'll never meet my vampire love unless I can get there now can I. It is a drag because of all the connections etc. This was one of the first big fish games I ever tried. I'll probably keep the demo to fill rainy days (of which there have been alot of lately.) but I myself will not be buying this one. perhaps by the end of this demo I'll be able to see my way out of the subway.

So as to wether I agree with the majority of the reveiws... yes but what makes it boring and frustrating is the endless connections one must make, and because of this the game does not flow nicely. there are alot better game to chose from if you are looking for a nice long relaxing game. I would check those out first. but if you would like by all means try the demo. As for me this is a no buy.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jul 20, 11 6:42 PM
This is an outright terrible game. Would never buy a game from this company if this is all they can ideate.

[Post New]by cymruwoman on Jul 21, 11 4:13 AM
This is the worst Big Fish game I've ever tried - and I made it almost to the end, five minutes left! The subway was absurd, I finally just clicked on any subway car and hoped I'd find my destination. I made it through art classes and antiquing and grocery shopping and finding my keys and wasn't there a mention of vampires??? I suppose that was Ruthven, who made a blip of an appearance in art class. Boring and frustrating, and I just made it through Madame Fate with all the puzzles complete but one, so I can persevere! But this game just isn't worth it, from the trial. No thanks, uh-uh, no way no how.

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 4:14:16 AM PST

cirig
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cirig on Jul 21, 11 6:01 AM
Just had to add my two cents after tackling the demo twice. What an awful, awful game. Boring and irritating. I got stuck in the art class, just couldn't figure out how to make it work and there were no directions. Started to lapse into a coma and quit. I've actually enjoyed a few of the HdO demos and bought one of their games, but this one is horrible, and not in a good way.

abdulz69
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by abdulz69 on Jul 21, 11 10:11 AM
Whenever I open a game and see HdO. I stop and trash it. Useless. Hate them all.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Jul 22, 11 12:02 PM
Taking the alternate view here, I somewhat enjoyed the demo and will probably buy the game when I need one to fill out a punch card. Initially, I didn't realize that the subway was part of the puzzle - I just bopped into the train tunnels without paying any attention to the directions I'd been given. I wandered around until I finally found the train totally by accident. After that, I payed close attention to whatever directions I was given. There were a number of different H0 scenes and puzzles so things didn't get boring. The H0 scenes weren't dark and difficult to see nor were the items too tiny to find. I got to the park at the Eiffel Tower and she was starting to feel funny and seeing strange things when the demo ended.

I agree that the HDO games aren't the best ones made, but I've definitely played worse. For the cost of two Starbucks lattes (or free if I use a punch card credit), this will give me a lot of game play. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle the vampire aspects of the game.

I would suggest that anyone who still has an open mind give the demo a try. If you dislike it, delete it, but always think for yourself.

Happy Gaming, Fishies!

p.s. If you decide to try the demo, be sure and pay close attention to any direction instructions you are given. The subway tunnels of Paris aren't a place you want to get lost in!!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 26, 11 8:01 AM
i have to say that HdO is getting a little better at what they're trying to do... granted, they're still 'trying' instead of doing, but we all crawl before we walk

the story is one we've heard tons of times... girl falls for blood-sucking mystery man and does everything she can to track him down and be with him because [a] she's in "love," [b] she's stubborn, and [c] she's maybe just a little bit stupid - but love does that to us, right?

the twist to this one is that it is happening in paris - and on top of having to complete overly simplified puzzles and find hazy hidden objects, you have to navigate the metro! the good thing is: if you pick the wrong line, there's no train so you can't really get lost in the city, just the metro stations!

graphics are improved since jack and hyde, but the sound is still lacking... and they've integrated a new 'reminder' for those of us who can't remember that the scene pans left and right... they actually "shake" the screen back and forth when it opens to remind you that you can move it left and right thank you ever so much for that!

overall, i'd give it a C+ as it is slightly above average and shows growth for this struggling developer... this one would make my DD list, but today... it's a no-go

[Post New]by libertybee on Jul 26, 11 7:58 PM
I'll read the reviews before buying another game...this was awful. I'm glad I just spent 1 credit. BF should remove all of this maker's.

[Post New]by Whizzy_Wheelz on Jul 27, 11 10:09 AM
Hello this game is awful didn't even complete the trial.

Don't waste your money try another game.

izarod
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by izarod on Jul 30, 11 9:40 PM
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST FRUSTRATING GAME I HAVE EVER BOUGHT. SORRY I SPENT THE MONEY FOR IT. I CANNOT EVEN GET TO THE FIRST DESTINATION. I SEEM TO BE LOST IN THE SUBWAY. I NEED A WALKTHROUGH AND CAN'T EVEN FIND ONE. BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY I HAVE EBER SEEN. I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS GAME AT ALL UNLESS YOU ARE SUPER SUPER SMART, WHICH I AM CERTAINLY NOT.

[Post New]by HereF1shyF1shy on Aug 1, 11 10:59 AM
I'm in agreement with the majority of posters here. This game has very crude graphics, boring puzzles, and the simplest hidden object scenes. The story could have been really interesting. (Love & Death: Bitten, anyone? That game is one of my all-time favorites.) Unfortunately, the plot in this one is simplistic and rushed. A Vampire Romance really is one of the worst BFG has offered.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 5, 11 10:43 PM
I tried several times to play this game, but it was too frustrating to find my way around Paris. Honestly, if I'm going to get lost in Paris, I want to actually be in Paris!! No buy for me!

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Aug 13, 11 7:57 AM
Very odd game, this. I managed the subway bit OK, got to the art class eventually, then totally at a loss. I see a canvas with faint lines such as an artist might use to get the shapes right - but no clue as to how to actually DRAW anything!

Subway navigation was by instinct rather than logic, and the **** scenes were quite hard until the sparkles came in. In several cases there were things to slide or remove, and no obvious way to guess what to do.

The initial map screens were more of a geography lesson that anything else!

Not a buy for me, though I'll go back and try the rest of the demo just for fun.

[Post New]by GothicScrybe on Sep 2, 11 9:51 PM
Terrible, terrible game. What an utter disappointment!

Slow, horrid graphics that I thought had been abandoned 20 years ago.

Wasted about a half hour before I gave up.

I'm new to all this, so forgive the dumb question but...the people that made this game have made others?

I'll be sure to avoid those...

izarod
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by izarod on Sep 23, 11 11:05 PM
I cannot even get out of the train station. I want to continue the game but I have become increasingly frustrated. Is there a walkthrough or is there going to be one. I do not use them except in cases as this. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Jul 3, 13 2:51 PM
I enjoy all hdo games. I enjoy hidden object games without adventure which is what this game is about. I also enjoy timed, rather than relaxed mode.

RVKittykat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by RVKittykat on Jul 23, 13 3:15 AM
izarod wrote:I cannot even get out of the train station. I want to continue the game but I have become increasingly frustrated. Is there a walkthrough or is there going to be one. I do not use them except in cases as this. HELP PLEASE!!!!

The first time I played this game I was trapped in the train station also. Nothing worked to escape to the next phase. I set the game aside for a few months then tried again. I finally managed to somehow, accidentally, escape the train tunnel. But this game was so boring I gave up at the vegetable stand and uninstalled it.

elrem
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by elrem on Dec 31, 13 1:16 AM
I agree with you all this game is terrible. I can not seem to catch a subway train. I give this game an F for Failure.

Go to: