TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

Re:Your Comments for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Jul 21, 11 8:46 AM
I haven't played long enough yet to make an informed opinion. Just wanted to mention that it fit my large, wide screen quite nicely; strange that so many of you are having a problem with that. Just saying - sometimes when you mess around with the graphics too much (adjusting and re-adjusting for each game), it has a tendency to "confuse" your computer as to what you are actually asking for ( I have some experience with this - was a programmer/analyst in a previous life).

I've found that it's just best to put up with those bars left and right sometimes, rather than always adjusting my pixels for each game. Hope those of you having this problem get a quick fix.

Happy gaming all.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Your Comments for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jul 21, 11 9:15 AM
Ahhhh, I think I can remember back when a new CE was
something special. Now, IMHO, only about half are.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 21, 11 9:29 AM
In my opinion Big Fish games should change their name to "Big Fish Games, Home Of Collector Edition Games" I know times are tough financially but for heaven's sake, does every second game have to be a CE game? If BF is having trouble paying their bills and they think by selling CE games that will help them, have you stopped and thought about this, your BF gamers are in the same boat, we are financially struggling too. So I think your analogy is a little skewed. You can't get more money from more empty pockets.
As for this game, it had too many **** scenes and I read the comments from other players who some stated, the game is too short and too easy. The bonus part was a rip off. I won't spend $14.00 on a game I don't like even if I have nothing else to play.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jul 21, 11 9:36 AM
Played for about twenty minutes and really did not find this game interesting. Certainly not, in my opinion anyway, the caliber I would expect of a Collector's Edition. So this one is a no buy for me.

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jul 21, 11 10:28 AM
been some time since i have bought a good S E game, and i am tired of replaying
my old games, i am getting out of the mood to even look to see if there is
going to be a good game offered anymore, oh well such is life

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Jul 21, 11 10:49 AM
C'mon BFG. Crescent Snakes? Seriously? This is another glitchy game and not worthy of the CE status. Story line is boring. You MUST have better games than this one in the works. It has been a while since we have experienced a really good one.
I have purchased this one but if the quality of future games doesn't improve I will have to re-think buying again.

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 10:50:35 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 21, 11 1:18 PM
Had to try and it got me at "meow". So I stopped to buy. Graphics are really good, I like this kind of story line, and while I would like to hear the voices, my imagination is really good, lol. Since some have said this is a short game, I am taking my time with it, enjoying the eye candy, and the eerie music. The theme is familiar, but tolerable, and I am hoping for a couple of twists and turns to make it worthwhile. We all know, though, that the meaning of CE has changed...but at least it isn't an HdO.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Jul 21, 11 1:26 PM
I played the trial and enjoyed it. Will buy as an SE

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 21, 11 6:50 PM
well I do give them honesty in putting snakes in their title. It saves this fishie from even trying to play this

I guess the market for people liking snakes must be more lucrative, than those like me that will run the other way?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 21, 11 9:42 PM
The snakes cannot hurt me...I actually wound up enjoying this game. It was longer than some said, and I liked the gameplay. I liked that when you had to run around, you were actually looking for something that was only found in that place. I liked most of the puzzles and miingames, and it kept my interest. I am looking forward to the next one.

eta...I don't care for spiders, and have a roach phobia, but in a game, they don't send me screaming for help, lol. I had fun pulling those wiggly snakes out of the box, but sure was glad I had a snake handler tool.

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 9:44:46 PM PST

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jul 21, 11 9:54 PM
It's pretty enough
Graphics and H0Gs abundant
Not enough for me.

Re: Cursor and video preview

[Post New]by that1broad on Jul 22, 11 7:07 PM
My cursor was all over the place too. Not in every scene, but in enough of them to have to pass on this one.
Especially annoying when trying get through the game where you have to catch the blood cells, snake venom, etc. to fill the tubes.

Also I haven't been able to preview a video for quite a while. It starts up but stops when the bubbles start to load for the Big Fish logo.
Guess I'll have to wait for the non CE version.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 23, 11 4:02 AM
Really liked it. Graphics /special effects are brilliant. Different objects to find, which I really enjoyed. Not sure if I'll go for the CE edition but will definitely buy it.

carr62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by carr62 on Jul 23, 11 7:29 AM
i bought this game thinking oh ce will be good and hard completed it it 2 hours im not happy for £10.80 i expected a better game had longer ones in the ordinary downloads and for the music well need i say more

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 23, 11 4:10 PM
I had fun pulling those wiggly snakes out of the box, but sure was glad I had a snake handler tool.

Well, that's it for me! No, no, no. I hate even finding snakes in the scenes, let alone interacting with them. I did buy Twisted Lands on sale elsewhere, but I still haven't worked up the courage to play it.

Spiders, OTOH, don't bother me at all. To each their own!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 24, 11 8:36 AM
If it's that short, I think I'll wait for the SE.

indian49
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by indian49 on Jul 24, 11 12:27 PM
I tried playing the trial version last night and the mouse has no control. Has anyone else had that problem? I played another game as soon as i got out of it which took a few minutes as the mouse wandered all over the screen, hard to click on anything but my mouse works fine for other BFG games.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 24, 11 8:46 PM
I can tolerate a snake occasionally in a game, but boxes full of them. NO. Not buying.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Jul 25, 11 12:50 AM
I seriously considered buying this game after I watched the video, which was fabulous, fortunately I thought it would be prudent to read the reviews and comments first. Thank goodness I did .

I haven't trialed it and will now wait and trial the S/E.

Thanks Guys .

jojo

[Post New]by NeoKnot on Jul 25, 11 10:24 AM
I can't find the second pipe! Anyone got ideas?
I read the walkthrough and doesn't say.

Go to: