Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit

[Post New]by poko125 on Aug 9, 11 9:48 PM
I really liked this game great graphics. the hint and skip button reacharged fast but it can be confusing. 4 stars

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Aug 17, 11 4:40 PM
I have mixed feelings about this one, having played the trial last night. The graphics are good and the story is engaging - I was disappointed when my hour ran out because I was curious to see what happened next. The interactions with other characters leave a little something to be desired (I'm not a big fan of speech bubbles), but maybe that's just me. I also found the H0 puzzles to be a little more challenging than I really like them to be; I had to use several hints just to get through them, which made me very grateful for the fast recharge on my hint button. That's my only real complaint, though. I'm not sure I'd be willing to spend the money for this CE, but if there's a SE release of the same game, I may very well go for that.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Aug 28, 11 9:03 AM
This game was just OK for me, so I will be passing (many other much better CEs).

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edi

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 30, 11 12:40 PM
pgillenw wrote:Loved the game! A complete day of enjoyment what more could one desire?

The art work was superb. New Orleans and the Bayou never looked so well. The game was cleverly designed. Puzzles not too difficult to make you want to skip. Music quite fitting. The CE version was well worth the purchase. This game will surely have a sequel.

My hats off to the creative team -- good work. Thanks BF for bringing us this game.

Fisher's if you choose to play this game I hope you enjoy as much as I did.

I agree. I bought this game during the CE sale, not expecting all that much from it due to the comments I had read here on the forum. I'm really enjoying the game and I think it is very well done. It's a lot of fun.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Sep 6, 11 10:08 AM
Bought this during the CE sale, downloaded and saved to play it during my vacation in Kentucky!! Think I have a whole lot of family interested in BF now!!

Great game, we all enjoyed it tremendously, and only feedback for improvement is to do voice overs, not those durn bubbles!!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 30, 11 9:50 AM
Well, here's a switch. I actually thought the best part of this game were the H0G scenes. That is coming from someone who is beyond tired of looking at them game after game after game. But these were well done. Items are well camouflaged (wait until you look for the goat).

I also think the artwork is well done. The story is set during 2011 Mardi Gras in New Orleans, it is weird and spooky. You are the investigator, sent to help local police solve a string of murders. You are thwarted at every turn by ghostly figures in black cloaks.

Now for the bad news…
• No wide screen
• no voice overs but a lot of dialogue with locals set in balloons
• one game mode -- all ways too helpful
• H0G scenes require additional action for some items -- sparkles point out exactly what to do
• Short for sure -- only 3 chapters plus the bonus epilogue. Even pokey me was mostly through chapter one. I would have been if not for the H0G scenes
• Puzzles are insultingly easy
• Adventure is minimal -- too much direction when you click on areas of interest (magnifying glass, question mark, hand, speech bubble)

Bottom line -- Maybe I would use a coupon to get the SE just to finish the game. This is simply too short and too spoon fed to warrant the CE price.

[Post New]by abateau on Nov 12, 11 7:12 AM
The game was cool until I found out they named the monster after an HP Lovecraft character. Shoggoth, really? Couldn't they have been more original than that? It was predictable. Didn't even need the strategy guide. They showed the ending in the video. I did like the artwork though and I love New Orleans so I bought the game.

I am stuck on Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Editi

[Post New]by guidedsprit on Jan 30, 12 6:21 PM
I am stuck on the crypt scene. I can't find the fire escape....what am I doing wrong.

Thanks.

guidedspirit@hotmail.com

I finally figured it out. It's all good. Thanks anyway

Edited on 01/30/2012 at 8:59:01 PM PST

Jman8099
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jman8099 on Jun 2, 12 2:44 PM
3 things I know about Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edition.

1. I like how the hidden objects move to the item list when I click on them.
2. There are interesting evidence and puzzles to observe and solve.
3. Your title is like the longest title ever on Big Fish Games.

Also, I liked your bonus game-play. I think you should make Paranormal Crime Investigations 2, just saying. Thanks for the game anyway.

-Jman8099

Jman8099
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jman8099 on Jun 2, 12 2:47 PM
Oh wait, I think your subtitle made your title longer. Well, anyway, It's up to you.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 8, 12 11:55 AM
I've played part of the demo, enough to decide that I will buy this game (because it's just so darn inexpensive today!). I like snakes! I hate cockroaches but I used to find them and collect them for my job, so they don't bother me unless they are real and scuttering around in my home.

The HOS are a bit different and make me think. I'm tired of searching for the same horseshoes, umbrellas, and all the objects that seem to be everywhere in most games. That being said, I have to admit that some of the objects are not easily found because they blend into the background just a bit too much for those of us with poor vision. The HINT button refills quickly so I will use it when necessary. It also provides hints outside of HOS and there is the SG as well.

The story is the standard "detective" story - solve a murder.

There are no voiceovers, which isn't a problem for me. Usually I skip through the voiceovers because the people talk so slowly.

I didn't even notice the music.

I enjoyed the demo. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to play this game (with the exception of the HOS), so I found it relaxing. I'm going to set it aside. I don't feel a need to jump into this game; the story is not that engaging and I wouldn't even purchase it normally. But at today's price I can't pass it up.

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Aug 8, 12 9:13 PM
I am divided on buying. It is way too easy and the hidden o scenes just keep coming and coming ugh but they are well hidden like a light bulb is really the milk bottle you are looking for so that is sort of intriguing. The demo was too short took me 20 min and now I wish I could see a bit more to decide if it gets a little more interesting. The sound, they want you to have it on, I never play with sound but I did as asked and will not play with it on IF I buy it There was no reason for it nor was it bettering of the game.. I am tempted by half price and if a friend comes over it would be a good game to start someone with...so easy.... I like to get CE for half, but this one was not worth full CE price for sure. Can not use a coupon that's a bummer. What to do? No one seems to have actually bought this game and posted what it is like after the STOP that cheats us from seeing more. Ugh indecision....

[Post New]by CourageAngel on Aug 29, 12 9:49 AM
It first got me interested because of the location...Louisiana. Which is my home state, so I decided to try it. The story behind the game is very interesting and captured my attention instantly. It was a 'have to buy' for me.

With this being the CE version, we got a bit of bonus gameplay, which continued the story. But I basically figured out who the bad guy we were chasing was soon after the bonus gameplay started...

Overall, I really enjoyed the game.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on May 31, 13 5:49 PM
I did not find this game to be, what I consider, CE material. There are no achievements, no collectibles, nothing really special about it. Being from Louisiana I can also tell you that the terminology used in this game is not quite accurate, which bothered me on many different levels. The artwork was colorful and bright, after all it is Mardi Gras, and yes we love our beads!! I also liked the way the HOS were done because they integrated the items very well into the scene. HOWEVER, if ya think giving an alligator some meat ( they love chicken by the way ) with sedatives is going to knock them out.....DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!! Just sayin'. I also get the fact that the zooplankton was taking over the bayou, but we have really beautiful bayou's with clear water and I just wish that the game would have, at least, given that a more clearer picture. I know it's just a game, but when you live your life here and then play a game about some really nonsensical events...just kind of hits home. If the game was a SE, I would recommend it, but not the CE version, not worth it.

Go to: