ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Reviews for Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace

[Post New]by ember89 on Aug 1, 11 2:22 PM
i was very glad to see this one as i really enjoyed the first - emerald curse

good quality all the way around, right down to making me really dislike that davis chick who was always telling kate what to do and then standing around and watching her do it... puh-lease!

got so sucked into it that i kept coming back to it and finished it the same night i bought it! the different locations were very well-rendered and ingenuity went into every last nook and cranny... the puzzles were challenging in places and the searches often puzzling in their own right the characters were well developed and the music/sound appropriate and mostly likeable...

for the most part, it's a very LFG-feeling kinda game, but with a sprinkling of hidden object scenes - that's how i like them, as few and far between as possible when they show up at all

i'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to going back and playing this one and emerald curse in the not so very distant future!

Rainmanuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Rainmanuk on Aug 2, 11 12:59 PM
This is the worst game I have ever played, story bad, graphics very bad, everything bad. lots of move a box and find something wow. really liked the UK post box in Rome, bang on continuity there then.
Avoid like the black death, don,t touch it with a stick thing. It's annoying horrible game should be flushed away.

Sorry for the tirade, but I really didn't like it.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 4, 11 5:34 PM
Oh my poor eyes. This game took me way over 5+ hrs. to play. Thank heaven they did a patch for the X thing a ma bob, because I would never had started over.

I would advise everyone to get up and walk away from your PC's for a while. I did and my eyes are still blurry.

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Aug 6, 11 10:37 PM
Loved this game..bit tedious in the area of hidden objects but nice length - not bad for S.E ..I am surprised. its got me hooked for a third one...

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Aug 7, 11 2:18 PM
Great length. But some of the puzzles took some working out more down to the lack of proper instruction than anything else. Worth the money.

[Post New]by vizman on Aug 9, 11 3:50 AM
The worst game yet. I di not enjoy it at all, every level and clue was a chore and the boring finish was a let down. 0/10

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Aug 10, 11 9:12 PM
Rainmanuk wrote:This is the worst game I have ever played, story bad, graphics very bad, everything bad. lots of move a box and find something wow. really liked the UK post box in Rome, bang on continuity there then.
Avoid like the black death, don,t touch it with a stick thing. It's annoying horrible game should be flushed away.

Sorry for the tirade, but I really didn't like it.

Without a doubt, I would have to agree with the above gamer's review! Having played hundreds of various HOG/Adventure/Puzzle games, this one was by FAR the worst I've yet encountered. Everything about it was disconnected. The storyline didn't flow at all, nor make sense, most of the time.

Every step of the way, it all felt ROBOTIC, not like a story about HUMANS, either in the past or the present! The erratic jumping, between the past and the present, only added to the sense of the whole story being a collection of unrelated bits, all thrown together, for the poor gamer to have to bring some degree of order to.

There were no genuine human emotions expressed, no human ethical dilemmas to struggle with, each interaction was purely mechanical, unrelated to everyone and everything around it, and BORING to the point that I FORCED myself to complete the game, though I will never put myself through such punishment, again! I really could not believe that the END had FINALLY arrived, once the screen went blank - a terrible "closure" for any game, IMO! The game just seemed to drag on and on and on and on, endlessly.

I can see how they've got it set up for a sequel to be created. However, there isn't a single thing that could entice me to play, let alone purchase, any sequel to THIS abominable game! The mini-games were poorly thought out, inadequately/inaccurately explained, and were usually empty fillers of time. They added nothing to the story, except to reinforce the empty, mechanical-nature of the plot and characters' personalities.

Tonight, I'm celebrating that it's finally OVER! WAHOO!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Aug 11, 11 10:41 PM
I like the graphics but It's very annoying as most of the mini-games I've had to pass....don't think I have been able to solve one, oh yes I did solve one. But can't figure out and have to use the hint button to figure out what to do next. I give it a D....if we are grading. Don't bother with it.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Loved the Game

[Post New]by technocratee on Aug 14, 11 4:46 AM
I also timed out on the demo, so I immediately bought.
My type of game Hidden Object Adventure and it's long. After 3 chapters I thought it was finished but it goes on and on. Great puzzles, good graphics, good characters.
I usually don't like 360degrees but this one I could handle.
Just wondering if the first one Emerald Curse is as good.

[Post New]by gameplayer300 on Aug 15, 11 5:07 AM
sounds good but my download kept flickering then going to a play again screen reinstalled same thing so I could never try it

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Aug 15, 11 1:08 PM
Hi Technocratee.. Just finished Millennium secrets emerald curse ..loved it!!!.
It is a better game, bit more tricky as you have to earn hints.. but you still get enough
I am finding this one a bit boring and not as slick.. maybe I have had enough for tonight !!
I shall continue playing tomorrow

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 21, 11 5:38 AM

Whew! Just finished this one and loved it. I had beta tested it and couldn't wait to get back to where I'd left off. This is a long game. I haven't played the first one yet but based on the reviews it may be better than this one. Well, I will be glad when the third one comes out.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Aug 24, 11 11:40 AM
Yes great great.. I am bored with all the asylum, spooks, tortures etc... Not too many Hog scenes but the objects were very cleverly hidden and not the usual junk piles !! Did not like the comp. generated graphics at the onset but they grew on me they were so clever !! stars to developers !!
Also enjoyed the emerald curse... cannot wait for the sequal.. More like this please BF.

:Reviews for Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace

[Post New]by jayhuckaba on Sep 5, 11 8:13 PM
Loved the game!!!! Hope to see a sequel to Roxanne's necklace

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Sep 23, 11 8:59 AM
Late review, I know, but I have only just finished it. didn't start on it straight away and then we had the McAfee thing which stopped me for a few days. Wasn't going to bother reviewing, but as I have seen so many negatives, felt I just had to. I thought it was a great game. OK, so the storyline was a bit haphazard, but I don't really care too much about that. I don't need human emotions etc, this is a game for goodness sake, not a novel. Tricky puzzles, had to skip some just to move on, but liked that I could go back and do them from the menu at my leisure - very good idea thanks. Very, very long game, excellent value for money. Good mix of easy and hard stuff to fathom out. Map was extremely useful if you did get stuck and great for moving around if you got lost. Graphics were more than acceptable. Voiceovers? Well I can take them or leave them, but at least you can click to move on if they're talking too slowly. I think developers should be congratulated on this game (I also bought Emerald Curse), so will almost certainly buy the next if there is one and it's as good as this.

[Post New]by andreacole70 on Oct 13, 11 12:17 PM
The voice overs were great as well as the story line. I actually have not played the previous one and now want to go back and do that. The characters were fun and the graphics clean. I look forward to playing the third installment. The ending was nice with just a little teaser to get you to come back. Good job, guys!

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Oct 14, 11 6:59 AM
Really Loved the voice overs!

[Post New]by rebelandsmokey on Oct 16, 11 5:09 AM
Loved this game from start to finish had a weird strange ending though hopefully there be more games like this great graphics and puzzles really good

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 3, 11 8:31 AM
Played less than 30 minutes and got thoroughly bored. Not a buy for me. Music is a bit wierd and had to turn off those yacky voices.....drove me nuts, I would rather read the dialog than deal with some of the voices on these games.

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Nov 14, 11 1:09 AM
Just bought and finished this game....WOW....totally worth it for me....LOVED the first one and really like that this picks up right where the last left off....quite a few twists in the story

PLEASE tell me there will be a sequel and SOON lol

10/10

Go to: