Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Borigata on Nov 11, 12 8:42 AM
I purchased this game and I am stuck at the Dogon Temple where I am supposed to use the bludgeon to break the wall and take the key. I keep getting the message "this doesnt work here". I restarted the game and still nothing. This is the first time ever that I have an issue with a BF game... and I can't believe I am stuck at such an early stage of the game!

Help!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 16, 12 4:28 AM
Hi Borigata,

I did some research and I found some tips that may help you!

Firstly, please check that you have the most up to date Flash and Shockwave players, as doing so has helped other Fishies with this issue.

You can find some help on doing that in the help article here.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

We will be happy to work with you and at the very least, ensure that you are not left with a game you cannot play and enjoy!

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Borigata on Dec 16, 12 10:03 AM
Tried all of the suggestions and still nothing... I received awesome customer service... you guys are great on that regards, I understand the issue is with the game developer... I will write directly to them and maybe get a solution. Thanks BFG

Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by FluffyDoodle on Feb 8, 13 3:35 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by FluffyDoodle on Feb 8, 13 3:44 AM
I am having a problem with the 3 Cannon Balls. They won't Load into the chutes so I can pull the levers to fire them. Keeps telling me that won't work here! Most of the mini-Games won't finish when I've solved them. I have to hit SKIP & that means waiting on a very SLOOOOOOW refill Each time. It's very Frustrating. I'm NOT a very Patient person!

Where can I find A Walkthrough or a Strategy Guide? These help sometimes!

Barb/FluffyDoodle

[Post New]by Gentlenell on Mar 10, 13 6:17 PM
Hello, The blundgen does not work on the temple wall and i can t get the chest piece to go on the idol!!! help please is there a re vised version to download???

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Aug 12, 13 1:07 AM
I can't play it either, and I've done all that's been suggested, I think it's about flaming time this was sorted out once and for all, it's been going on far to long, but nothing seems to be happening, why Big Fish, at the Mo, we are being let down, and it's not on, j62janet

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 12, 13 3:16 AM
j62janet, this isn't a BFG problem. The game worked before the microsoft security patch. The best you can do now is get a refund.

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Dec 1, 13 10:15 PM
I cannot place the idol in the niche in the wall in the temple, even though the strategy guide says this is what needs to be done. I get the message "can't use this here". This sounds like similar problems others have had, like using the bludgeon on the wall, etc. Sure could use some help. Thanks.

[Post New]by johnnybirdmc on Mar 21, 14 3:18 PM
IM TIRED OF TRYING TO GET THIS GAME TO WORK.

[Post New]by BigRipOff on Jun 10, 14 1:19 PM
Mr_Russ
Just how could a MS security update effect a game already installed & running from your PC ?? When something does not work in the game, (ie; the bludgeon won't break the stone wall), that would be the game software issue..If a game causes your computer to crash or lock up, that is usually the OS, or is hardware related..
However there are so many things that could cause issues with any programs.. It would be hard to speculate without more info, like an error report & or system specs..
The bludgeon problem has been around for two years now & what I have gathered from this forum is there are other parts of the game that will not respond as well..This suggest to me that it is a bug in the game..
PS: This is the second game that would no respond to an action that I needed to preform to move on in the game..What a BigRipOff!!

[Post New]by LittlestHobo on Jul 15, 14 1:39 PM
Here it is July 2014 and I purchased this game on Jun 28 2014. I recently purchased a brand new top of the line gaming computer with WIN7. I can't use the bludgeon. It hasn't worked from the start. I have removed and reloaded this game two times. Aside from giving out refunds and using lame excuses, BFG should pull the game entirely and issue refunds. One of the reasons I subscribe to BFG is because I won't get burned with malicious stuff and the games are mostly pretty good.

I can't believe that so many people with many different systems are having this much trouble. apparently the bug fix didn't go deep enough.

Go to: