sdoyle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

sarcophagus

[Post New]by sdoyle on Aug 8, 11 5:48 PM
I couldn't cut the fourth rope either - but I found when I closed the game and reopened it it stopped freezing at that point and I was able to finish.

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Realm technical issues here only

[Post New]by Cynkee on Aug 9, 11 3:24 AM
Same issue as many others. Download game, try to play and all I get is a blip and I'm sent back to game manager. Tried uninstall/reinstall, and same result. I'd really like to play this game, but guess it's a no go. Still haven't seen any responses from BFG. Disappointing.

cinfin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cinfin on Aug 9, 11 1:35 PM
I downloaded this game twice. Each time when I clicked the play button, the only thing that happened was nothing. Just the Game Manager stayed on the screen. So, I clicked play button again. A window popped up saying, "Whoops, the game is already playing." This is the first time I have used this Game Manager to lauch a game. This new one will launch another game without problems. Anyway, I had to launch Nightmare Realm by opening the file and double clicking. I then had to play it all the way through because it would not save any of my work. Bummer. It is a good game. I like to drag them out for a couple of days.

quetha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by quetha on Aug 9, 11 1:36 PM
Have downloaded game twice now. Press Play, and then nothing. Re-booted, checked other games.....they work ok, so know it's not drivers, etc. What gives BF???

[Post New]by chattie53 on Aug 9, 11 8:41 PM
I tried and tried to play this game and it would not download at all.

[Post New]by buddygrandma on Aug 12, 11 6:00 PM
I am about halfway through the game and it started acting up. The arrow moves jerkily, the items i pick up moves haltingly. I cannot exit the game unless i hit ctrl,alt.dele. I would really like to have a credit for this game. Am very unhappy with this purchase.

[Post New]by loopynemo75 on Aug 13, 11 5:00 AM
Ever since I installed the new game manager I have had problems with all the subsequent games I have tried to play - this one just goes black then goes back to the game manager. Other's don't play at all and others install but then say my time has expired when I haven't played them at all - very frustrating.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Aug 13, 11 2:26 PM
This game will not download at all!

[Post New]by auroradae on Aug 14, 11 5:47 PM
I have the same problem as many, when I try to open the game it just shuts down and boots me back to the game manager. I was told by a computer savvy friend that this is because I have windows 7 and this game is listed as compatible with XP/vista. I would like to know if this is the case, and if so why you would release a game that is only compatible with older versions of windows. I understand the need to have it be compatible with XP as well but why make it only compatible with XP and not the latest version (win 7) which has been out for more than a year.

[Post New]by kaidensgrammy on Aug 14, 11 6:32 PM
I tried twice to download this game. It gets to 99%, asks permission then goes back to 1% and starts over again and again. I try to escape and it won't let me. I'd like to play this game. Help!

[Post New]by DonnaJoeAZ on Aug 15, 11 12:07 PM
I am having the same problem. The game downloaded just fine and when I go to play it I am brought to the Game Manager. I have been reading others on this topic and it is happening to a lot of others. BigFish please make a patch for this game, or refund my money. They shouldn't put out a game until it is tested for any and all glitches.

[Post New]by mzfitkid on Aug 15, 11 12:12 PM
I have downloaded this thing a couple times a day, for the past 4 days, and am not accomplishing anything.. I emailed BF, but have not heard nothing back from them at all, either.. The game will download just fine, but when I click on play, the screen goes black (like it's wanting to start) but then hops back to the download screen.. I'm really getting annoyed at the amount of games that will not work.. Can someone make a patch for this? There are so many others who are having problems, too..

Nightmare Realm runs upside down and backwards

[Post New]by drdadamo on Aug 18, 11 8:50 PM
When I try to run Nightmare Realm, it runs fine except that the entire game screen is inverted left to right, top to bottom! Wish I could include a snapshot here. Has anyone else has this problem?

aztop
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Can't exit the game

[Post New]by aztop on Aug 20, 11 9:43 PM
After viewing the map I am unable to get the menu to display when clicking Menu. I'm unable to exit the game and can only stop the game from running by Alt-Tab away from the game window and then closing the window. The game play is not saved. Very frustrating!

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Aug 22, 11 3:26 AM
I have brought this game 2 times in the past i got my credit back I saw it tonight an with the new game manager it loads faster but its still in slow motion. I just can not play the game. I buy a lot of games from you but this is a no.there is nothing wrong with my computer. and its killing me this is a good game but ts in slow motion. luckly I was trying it. But I am very happy with big fish I get to play a lot of other games that you have.

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Aug 22, 11 3:29 AM
call big fishgames in seatle washington thats what I do email does not work and they are very nice people

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Aug 22, 11 11:34 PM
I couldn't get sliders in the Options menu and the close button was missing so couldn't exit out of the options. This was on my laptop so decided to install it on my pc instead. When downloading, it gets to just over 3 MB and says it can't download.

I played the CE with no problems so having these problems with the SE version is frustrating. So far, nothing BFG has suggested has worked. Can't download so can't even play it.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Aug 23, 11 9:07 PM
my tech issue is fixing the pipes with the blow torch. i clicked several times before the game finally fixed the first pipe. cool. i then refilled the torch and can't get it to fix the other pipes. getting ready to try the uninstall/reinstall that others have mentioned. don't want to though. up till this point i've had no issues with the game whatsoever.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 31, 11 11:35 AM
OK, I was having the same issue with the game popping back to the Game Manager after pushing Play. I read another post from someone that said this game was made to be compatible with Vista and maybe XP. I was trying to play on my new laptop that's only 2 months old that has all the bells and whistles and Windows 7. No luck. Well, lucky I still have my older desktop that runs Vista. I downloaded the game on it and even though it took about 30 minutes to download, it is playing great. I am at the factory part now where the snow is and haven't had any problems.

I think it is ridiculous that you can't play a newly released game on a brand new computer with Windows 7. If you were able to play this on a Windows 7 laptop then I envy you. I wanted nothing more than to cuddle up in my bed while playing this great game on my lap top. Not gonna happen now. At least I still get to play it though.

Big Fish, I love you, but......you need to make this game compatible on Windows 7.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 31, 11 12:02 PM
auroradae wrote:I have the same problem as many, when I try to open the game it just shuts down and boots me back to the game manager. I was told by a computer savvy friend that this is because I have windows 7 and this game is listed as compatible with XP/vista. I would like to know if this is the case, and if so why you would release a game that is only compatible with older versions of windows. I understand the need to have it be compatible with XP as well but why make it only compatible with XP and not the latest version (win 7) which has been out for more than a year.

There may be some truth to this because after I read it, I downloaded it on my Vista machine and it worked perfectly (well, at least up to where I am now). If I run into any other problems, I will report them.

Go to: