Re:Reviews for Nightmare Realm

[Post New]by nellyandjohnny on Sep 5, 11 2:10 PM
Really LOVED this game! I love adventure games where HOG's/IHOG's don't dominate and this one is perfect. Great story (even got a bit weepy at the end) and lovely clear graphics. One I will definitely play again!

[Post New]by nellyandjohnny on Sep 5, 11 2:10 PM
Really LOVED this game! I love adventure games where HOG's/IHOG's don't dominate and this one is perfect. Great story (even got a bit weepy at the end) and lovely clear graphics. One I will definitely play again!

[Post New]by nellyandjohnny on Sep 5, 11 2:11 PM

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Sep 18, 11 7:50 AM
puzzledone wrote:Don't forget - if you fall in love with the SE you can always upgrade to a CE. You just have to pay for the CE, cash or 2 credits, and CS will give you a coupon to replace the SE with another game.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that. I liked the demo so that's what I'll do, purchase the SE for this 'Bonus Punch Weekend' and if I like it that much I'll exchange for the CE later.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Spectacular Graphics

[Post New]by technocratee on Sep 22, 11 3:16 AM
(couple of days later) I absolutely LOVED this game, I played non stop, I put it in top best games with RTR, Puppet Show, Deadtime Stories. Spectacular Graphics, good story, agreed a bit whimpy at the end, fun play, a bit easy, no regrets at buyiing it.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Oct 2, 11 1:33 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It made me feel I was in the middle of a great fantasy film. I was very immersed in it. The story and characters were unique and interesting, and I appreciated the fact that it was different from other games here which have to do with finding missing children, since there are a lot of games like that, and that plot device can get pretty boring. In the case of this game, the search for the missing child wasn't boring at all, the game play was fun, and the graphics were beautiful to look at. I also found the ending to be quite satisfying, nothing was left open ended, which I really appreciated, since most games these days leave things open ended so there can be a sequel and that can make the ending unsatisfying. Everything was resolved quite nicely, and I even got a bit teary eyed at the end. I don't think a game has ever done that to me before, which emphasizes the fact that this game really sucks you in and you really start to care about the characters and what they are going through.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Oct 16, 11 8:18 PM
Just finish playing .Love the game !I even finished the minis ,don't need a wT,the hints are really helpful ,clear and to the point .Thanks BF

karica
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by karica on Nov 25, 11 1:20 PM
This is definitely a buy for me

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by catsrobe on Dec 6, 11 6:34 PM
This was a wonderful game! It was very cleverly done. Color and graphics were great. Story line was imaginative and very good. Hints were really helpful. I chose difficult mode but it really wasn't too hard to do but very enjoyable. The **** were easy to see and fun to do. The puzzles were challenging but I was able to solve all of them. You need to use a hint to read the rules of the puzzles, but no biggie. Hint regenerated relatively quickly. I loved, loved, loved this game!! A refreshing change from the doom and gloom of most of these adventure/HOG games. Don't miss this one!! I want more just like it! It was fairly long which I like but I got so caught up in it that I couldn't stop for hours!!! Like a book that you can't put down.

[Post New]by Anastasia20 on Jan 2, 12 2:59 PM
Nice game but way too short. Finished the whole thing in less than 3 hours.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 8, 12 11:50 AM
This game gives the impression of a children's game but is not, is a psychological triller and definitely no for children.

The graphics are outstanding, the story line is fantastic, this game is not as challenging and other psychological triller but will keep you busy for a while.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jan 14, 12 8:45 PM
Not one of my favorites... a little boring to me. Graphics were OK... mini games were very easy. The uncle kinda creeped me out a little. It was a long game, though, so that was a plus and I feel like I got my money's worth for that. I give it a 6 out of 10.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 1, 12 12:11 PM
jfuehrer1 wrote:I have been a member and purchasing games for many years and never before have I felt compelled to review a game.

I purchased this one with a Game Club Credit after reading the first page or two of reviews all of which seemed glowing. I just finished the game and while I can agree that the graphics and sound quality were very good and the game was beautifully done in those regards I have to say I have never been more disappointed in a story line and game ending!

I am completely baffled as to why no one mentioned this shortcoming in any of the reviews I read. Maybe they played only the demo before purchasing and that was what the reviews were based on...I'm not sure.

I only know that this was the first game by this particular company I've ever purchased and I will be extremely careful in the future about spending any money on any of their creations.

One of the dumbest story lines I've seen yet in any game.

I could not agree more. I simply do not understand why so many glowing reviews, which is why I wasted my game credit on this game after playing the demo. The game after the demo became slow and boring, and convoluted. I continually used the hint button (fortunately it refills quickly, about the only good thing I have to say).

Edited on 05/01/2012 at 12:12:30 PM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 4, 12 1:46 PM
this was a cool game to play. worth the buy.----------doug & lisa

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Jan 31, 13 2:32 PM
The first time around with this game I didn't grade it very high so I decided to play it again. One because it's got a second game and I like to refresh my memory of the games. This time playing it, I loved it and look forward to the second game.
It isn't the best I've ever played but it caught my interest.

Go to: