care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re:Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 11, 11 8:40 PM
I agree with all of the positive reviews. Love ERS games. Artwork is fab., great storyline as usual. On my way to purchase right now.

SG needs a fix. It must keep your place. Clicking thru a whole chapter for help is a waste of time and detracts from the story big time

This will be my last ERS game if this SG isnt fixed.

Happy gaming to all fishies.

Just finished the game. Still think it is a great game. I felt the bonus chapter could have been longer a little disappointed wish it was another hour longer.

Edited on 08/12/2011 at 1:05:17 AM PST

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Aug 11, 11 9:15 PM
With the new version update to fix the problem with the SG crashing the game Does anyone know if I would have to start over ?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 12, 11 1:12 AM
Well, I love ERS games because they are done the way they are done.

Great graphics, great gameplay, love the puzzles, love the voices (and we have a cute little girl here again!).

Played for half an hour and then bought the game.

Hope ERS are bringing out many more wonderful games as this one.

ETA: While the full game installed, I got an unexpected shutdown (blue screen horror), and when the computer had recovered, I wanted to delete the trial version I still had on the GM, and was told that THIS GAME IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH 64-BIT ! ! !

Now how is this possible? All the other ERS games I have purchased so far were compatible. So now I have to go to CS and ask for my money back, seeing that I can`t play this game, although for some reason I was able to play the trial version..

Edited on 08/12/2011 at 2:44:54 AM PST

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Aug 12, 11 1:37 AM
Great game, BF! Best one in awhile! Everything about this game was good, graphic, music, the ****'s, the gameplay (knowing where to go next, what to do, etc.) . I enjoyed the demo very much and was disappointed when it came to an end. Too bad it's an CE or I'd buy it right away. (limited income) I would rate this a 10 out of 10. This is my first "10" everyone!!!!

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Aug 12, 11 1:58 AM
@darkdisciple1313

Reading your review between the ERS-fanmail has been refreshing. And with this part:

' I appreciate the effort the developers took into the graphics, but I've said it in other forums, and I'll say it here: wrapping a fifty cent pencil in a hundred dollar Tiffany gift box is still just a fifty cent pencil. Or, to put it more simply, beautiful graphics can't hide the fact that most of the games put out today are pretty, but too short to justify a $13.99 price tag. Such is the case here. So, enjoy if you will! '

you've hit the nail on the hat. Playing the demo I was bored within minutes. Nice graphics, sure, but my honest impression was: thrown together on routine, same old, same old and much too easy.

But I'll probably buy it, for the simple reason that this is a good H0 game, compared to the low quality of the regular priced H0 stuff that we've seen lately.

CE's is the thing, you know, lately at BF's. The rest of the lower priced H0 stuff is like Lucky Dip. 90% worthless and 10% worthwhile.

It's a pity.

CasualGran

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Aug 12, 11 4:38 AM
I always love ERS games. The graphics are crisp and clear. The opening sequence was exceptionally good. The music was simply annoying so I turned it down. Like others, I wish the strategy guide would stay open to where I last used it. I have the first Redemption Cemetery and have played it quite a few times. Will decide to purchase CE or wait unit SE comes out. Happy gaming to all.

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Aug 12, 11 5:23 AM
Still waiting to hear about the Bonus play. I've never bought a CE game, and I have two credits staring at me.... Worth it for this one or not? I don't care about screensavers or strategy guide... I loved the SE version of the first Redemption and enjoyed the game immensely! Thoughts?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 12, 11 6:17 AM
ERS found a formula for a great HOPA. Fabulous graphics, great storyline, lots to find and use, plenty of locations to visit and extras like bonus gameplay, wallpapers, music etc. Unfortunately after their first success, they simply repeated the same formula with every game that followed. Different story perhaps but the mechanics of the gameplay remained the same.

I did enjoy the main part of this game; I felt very relieved when I saved the little girl from the car hanging over the chasm. But ultimately it just felt as though I'd seen and done it all before. The bonus chapter wasn't worth bothering with; mostly hidden object searches and trudging to and fro between the two main locations. Far too short and too easy.

And when will devs realise that if we don't want sparkles in the main game, we don't want them in the bonus chapter either. It might as well have played itself while I sat and watched!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 12, 11 6:21 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I did enjoy the main part of this game; I felt very relieved when I saved the little girl from the car hanging over the chasm.

How about adding "Spoiler Alert" as is always pointed out in the moderator`s post. I really don`t want to read about the details of what is going to happen in a game - it spoils it for me.

bfgFlounder wrote:Hey fishies,

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

And when will devs realise that if we don't want sparkles in the main game, we don't want them in the bonus chapter either. It might as well have played itself while I sat and watched!

You can speak for yourself all you want, but some of us do like the sparkles. Therefore I would prefer it if you didn`t speak for all of us.

Edited on 08/12/2011 at 6:23:33 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 12, 11 6:31 AM
Valdy wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:I did enjoy the main part of this game; I felt very relieved when I saved the little girl from the car hanging over the chasm.

How about adding "Spoiler Alert" as is always pointed out in the moderator`s post. I really don`t want to read about the details of what is going to happen in a game - it spoils it for me.

Since this game is called 'Children's Plight', I did not think that mentioning one particular child's plight would be classed as a spoiler.

You can speak for yourself all you want, but some of us do like the sparkles. Therefore I would prefer it if you didn`t speak for all of us.

I'm not speaking for you or anyone else. The comment referred to myself, not you. However, I stand by what I said; if you can turn off sparkles in the main game, you should be able to turn them off in the bonus chapter.

bern2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by bern2 on Aug 12, 11 7:23 AM
I found this game/story line to be interesting, but was quite disappointed when the trial time elapsed message came up after only 18 minutes of gameplay! This has been happening more frequently. It would have been nice to get at least 1/2 hour of gameplay in order to decide whether I really want to buy the game or no. Is this issue being addressed? Thank you.

graciethecat
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by graciethecat on Aug 12, 11 8:47 AM
Hey Fishies, Hows it going? I have been without a comp for about a month. I sure have missed Big Fish. Have I missed anything good? I read something at the begining of this thread about not wanting games on C drive, is this something new?Please let me know with games you have liked the most, I am way behind! Thanks

[Post New]by queenpixie on Aug 12, 11 9:19 AM
ERS comes through again! However, I agree with most of the fishies here that this is way too short a game for a CE. I finished the demo in about 40 minutes. If the whole thing is 10 chapters then that gives me about 2 hours of play time. For me that is not enough for even an SE. BUT...there was no way to hurry up the dialogue and they talked WAYYYY too slow, most of my time was spent waiting for them to finish talking so I could do something. Plus, I did feel like I played it before about a dozen times. I can understand if a formula works don't break it, but I would at least like to see some originality... SPOILER ALERT: I also found it frustrating that when you needed something for a door, it was usually practically sitting on the ground in front of you, or at least that's what I felt like. I almost always buy the CE's but I think I will wait until the SE and use a game credit, I just can't see paying for another boring formula game that is just like all the others. :-(

Edited on 08/12/2011 at 9:20:12 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Aug 12, 11 10:06 AM
Great Game! I always enjoy ERS games and this one didn't disappoint. The story line was great,music,puzzles and graphic's. My trial didn't last as long as I would have liked but... will have to put it on my long list of games to buy.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Aug 12, 11 12:02 PM
I had the same problem as everyone else with the game shutting down when I tried to open the strategy guide. The new download fixed that completely and I have enjoyed the game. I get most of the CE's but skipped the brotherhood of the snake so was glad to see that released as a SE today. My criteria for buying a CE is if I need the strategy guide or not. I did have to peek once during the trial so I bought this one. I haven't finished it yet and will probably save the rest for tomorrow. I think most CE's are worth buying. You get 2 for $28 plus a free SE. That averages out to $9 per game and you get the benefit of the strategy guide and a little more game play.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 12, 11 3:44 PM
I just finished playing the trial of this game, and I really LOVED it, and for me personally, I also love everything about ERS games, so no complaints, as far as that goes.
For an example, I love the Dream Day Wedding series, there made at different locations like Vegas and Italy, but the game play is still the same, and that is what I love most about them, and will continue to buy them, when a new one is released.
For me, the same goes for ERS games, the quality is GREAT, love the graphics, music is always fitting to the game, and I like saving people..lol, so I enjoy the story as well.
As much as I loved the game though, I am not going to buy the CE, I agree that the bonus is to short, and does not justify double the price, so I have no problem waiting for the SE version, to come out.
If I was loaded with cash, I would buy more CE's, because anymore, there aren't any regular priced games, worth buying, now any half way decent games, are all CE's, and I just cannot afford to buy those every other day, so I don't have much of a choice, in the matter.
So, I think ERS is still doing a good job, with their games, love the game play and the quality of their games, and I for one, like sparkles, and I enjoyed the mini games that I played in the trial.
I don't care for developers that make the mini games so hard, just to add length to their games, so I am glad that ERS didn't do that, just to make the game last longer.
The load time between scenes, was very slow, but that I can deal with it, just a small quibble.
My only complaint or suggestion would be to make the bonus game longer, to make it worth the CE price, speaking for myself, that is the only reason I would consider buying a CE, for the EXTRA game play.
As soon as the SE comes out, I will be buying it !

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Aug 12, 11 4:05 PM
I, too, will probably wait for the SE to come out with a walkthrough. It really takes some of the enjoyment out of a game for me when the strategy guide is poor. It is frustrating and annoying to have to go back through each and every page of the guide to get to where you need to be....especially when you need it to help you solve a puzzle.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Aug 12, 11 4:43 PM
I seem always late to post a review but hey give me a break I was enjoying this game. The game was remarkably easy but I will admit to visiting the Strategy Guide.

This was an entertaining game, a bit short so I am glad it was a CE. Off now to tackle the extra content.

I hope you will enjoy the game as much as I did.

Thanks BF and my appreciation to the development and creative team.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Aug 12, 11 8:11 PM
Awesome game, but seemed a bit short. On the other hand, I think I played faster than usual and I haven't played the bonus content yet.

I really liked that all of the story was there (unlike some other CE I bought recently). And, the voice acting was good for the most part (the first lady sounded like a recording being played too slowly, but nothing's perfect.)

The game played flawlessly for me, but I never tried to open the strategy guide.

This one doesn't seem as difficult as I remember the first one being, but it was still fun. (I remember being caught in that burning house for what seemed like eons in the first one because I couldn't find something nor other. I didn't hit any stumbles like that this time.)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 13, 11 12:11 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Since this game is called 'Children's Plight', I did not think that mentioning one particular child's plight would be classed as a spoiler.

If you tell us what happened to the girl and how and where you rescued her from, that is a spoiler.

I'm not speaking for you or anyone else. The comment referred to myself, not you.

When you say "WE" while telling the developers not to do something, then you are speaking for all of us. You might have said: "And when will devs realise that if I don`t want sparkes..", that would show you were only speaking for yourself.

Edited on 08/13/2011 at 12:12:10 AM PST

Go to: