Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

[Post New]by biglawyerfish on Aug 15, 11 3:13 PM
In the Giza Egypt pyramid, I've got all the elements of the battery and I placed the grapefruit first and now I cannot place the battery case that looks like a clay jar on the spot indicated in the diagram to the left. Any idea how I can move forward without uninstalling and reinstaling the game?

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

[Post New]by andromeda4bear on Aug 15, 11 5:18 PM
I don't know if it will work for everybody, but after you download the game press play but keep pressing your control key too, until the game start. It will stop the blinking screen and will open the game for you. I learned that sometimes even when the antivirus tells you that there's no threat it won't allow you to play for some weird reason, it will block from open the software. I learned that with a game tech. Just go ahead and try this, It worked for me. Good luck.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Aug 15, 11 7:15 PM
After the huge download problem, I finally started to play this game. So far, it's been lots of fun. That is, so far. I am now in the temple and can't see much because it says "it's too dark." There didn't seem to be anything around or in my inventory that would make it bright, so I clicked on "HINT." It told me to put the jar of fireflies in the temple. Jar? Fireflies? G O N E. They were there, now they're gone. Not only that, there's the "notice me" puzzle piece that goes everywhere! But there's no arrow to let me leave the temple site. I can't get out and can't move on. GLITCH!! Now I'll notify Customer Service about that problem. Wonder if I can get past it go finish the game. It seems like a really good game too.
8/16 - Just wanted to add to my post. Now the Game Manager won't even open the game up! It tells me; "Oops, there's another game running. Please close out the other game and try again." Sorry, I have absolutely nothing else opened up on my entire computer. No matter where I try to open it from, I get the same message. What a total mess this game is.

Edited on 08/16/2011 at 4:29:06 PM PST

[Post New]by xiaojiemhtt on Aug 16, 11 5:18 AM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 08/16/2011 at 2:09:41 PM PST

mimmiyh5
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by mimmiyh5 on Aug 16, 11 5:49 AM
Hi BFG:
I had no problem downloading the game pretty quickly but it won"t play. I get a flash of blank screen then back to the game manager.
Maybh/e BFG should open a GM thread. I am very disappointed in the big, splashy, too much info GM. We need to manage games not a billboard......well, glad to get that off my chest

[Post New]by bagpuss153 on Aug 16, 11 5:51 AM
Well I thought it was me or my computer that was at fault, I spent ages checking the settings, uninstalling and reloading this game, plus I wasted money on purchasing it too. Am pretty annoyed that Big Fish are still allowing it to be bought when this fault is so apparent. Come on guys, play fair and sort it out, please!!!!

[Post New]by Sista2Die4 on Aug 16, 11 6:13 PM
WHEN I GET TO THE FINAL CHAPTER AND TRY TO RELEASE THE ASTRONAUTS, THE GAME CLICKS OFF TO THE GAME MANAGER WHEN I CLICK ON AN ASTRONAUT. GO TO THIS POINT WITH NO PROBLEMS. ANY SOLUTIONS?

[Post New]by Redd20 on Aug 17, 11 12:50 AM
I'm at Antartica, and the game keeps crashing. What to do?!

looloopy
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by looloopy on Aug 17, 11 4:17 AM
this game just keeps crashing back to game manager at the 11th hour

[Post New]by boomboomchick on Aug 17, 11 5:01 AM
I couldn't get the game to open either. Did all the usual things like changing compatibility settings, uninstalling, reinstalling and nothing worked.

Then I went to the .exe file in the program file folder, right clicked, and clicked on "run as administrator". The game opened and I was able to play the trial.

cjss
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by cjss on Aug 18, 11 5:12 AM
Sista2Die4 wrote:WHEN I GET TO THE FINAL CHAPTER AND TRY TO RELEASE THE ASTRONAUTS, THE GAME CLICKS OFF TO THE GAME MANAGER WHEN I CLICK ON AN ASTRONAUT. GO TO THIS POINT WITH NO PROBLEMS. ANY SOLUTIONS?

I have the same issue and am not happy with this purchase. Why would you sell a game that has known issues? We should be credited back for this inconvience.

jprdwnr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jprdwnr on Aug 18, 11 2:09 PM
nyc240 wrote:I purchased the CE version of this game and the game wouldn't play--it just would open to a black screen and then go to the game manager "play again" screen. BFG couldn't fix the problem that I and others were having, but assured me the developer was generating a fix. I was hoping this version was new and fixed, but it sounds like the game is doing the same thing.

BFG, why would you release this game again until it was repaired by the developer? Many of us are still waiting for the updated download in the CE version.

I'm having this same problem. I played the trial version with no problem, then purchased the full version. After installing, when I try to play the game, I get a black screen for a second, then back to game manager and the "play again" button. I cannot get the game to start. It doesn't matter how I choose to start the game (from desktop icon or BFG manager) it won't start. I don't like the new game manager either. Nothing works like it used to.

Slapahojo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Slapahojo on Aug 20, 11 10:33 AM
My problem is different. Downloaded just fine. When game come up it is too large to fit the screen. I can't access anything to change the settings. This happens with a lot of BF games for me. What am I doing wrong or what can I do to correct this?

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 20, 11 11:09 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are experiencing a crash in the game at the same spot as other players, please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that our team can look into which systems are being affected by this particular issue.

If the game is crashing randomly, I would suggest taking a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Sista2Die4, you might want to see if changing the screen resolution will help with the display on your screen:

Screen Resolution

Still need assistance? Please get in touch with our Support Team and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Sher_lock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sher_lock on Aug 20, 11 3:31 PM
I tried the CE version of this game with no problems. When the SE version came out I bought and downloaded the game. Still no problems. I began playing and the game ran flawlessly. Then, yesterday, there was a new update for the Game Manager that automatically downloaded when I downloaded another game. Now, when I try to play Ancient Astronauts it flashes to the black screen, then goes to the play again screen on the GM that others have referred to.

I have had some luck when I've gone back to the main screen on the GM. Once in a while it lets me play. The other time that I've had luck is when I put the curser on the task bar and when the screen flashes black I quickly click on the icon when it comes up.

Since I had none of these issues before the GM update, it's pretty safe to assume that this is a GM issue and not computer related. BTW, I have a very new computer with every recent driver and update available. Nothing that's listed under "Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen" does any good whatsoever!!

Edited on 08/20/2011 at 4:35:49 PM PST

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Aug 20, 11 5:07 PM
Sista2Die4 wrote: WHEN I GET TO THE FINAL CHAPTER AND TRY TO RELEASE THE ASTRONAUTS, THE GAME CLICKS OFF TO THE GAME MANAGER WHEN I CLICK ON AN ASTRONAUT. GOT TO THIS POINT WITH NO PROBLEMS. ANY SOLUTIONS?

by cjss on Aug 18, 11 5:12 AM - I have the same issue and am not happy with this purchase. Why would you sell a game that has known issues? We should be credited back for this inconvience.

I'm going to add my two cents worth on this one because I was going along really well considering all my original problems with this game. Trying to release the astronauts, I have two of them and then the final one kicks me back to the GM asking me if I want to "Play Again?" I already changed my game user name once before and I don't want to start the game over under another new name (the 3rd). I closed the game and opened it again twice to see if that would help. It doesn't. This is really getting discouraging!

Okay, I'm back again after trying a couple of different things. My screen resolution is now at the highest it can go. I changed from full screen to windowed, from standard cursor to custom cursor and took the sound off MUTE. So far, nothing works. I'm tired of trying to get back into the game. This will be my eigth try. Maybe tomorrow, it will have rested and won't be so "up tight" about giving up the last astronaut. Good night all.

After a long nights sleep, the astronaut still won't wake up. Oh well, guess I have to go to a different game until this one is fixed.

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 10:28:17 AM PST

[Post New]by lukkag on Aug 21, 11 11:28 AM
I am in the last section of the Game. I solved the slider puzzles on the missing people in the tubes. Then when I click on them again, the program goes back to Thanks for playing. When I hit play again, it says the program is already running to do a restart of the PC. I do that, do the same thing, click on vat 1, 2 or 3, and it shuts down. I just spent a heck of a lot of time solving, those slider puzzles. I do not want to do it again. Please advise.

[Post New]by PaulaSW on Aug 21, 11 1:11 PM
biglawyerfish wrote:In the Giza Egypt pyramid, I've got all the elements of the battery and I placed the grapefruit first and now I cannot place the battery case that looks like a clay jar on the spot indicated in the diagram to the left. Any idea how I can move forward without uninstalling and reinstaling the game?

You have to place all the elements on the table and then put them in the depression in order. You only need one grapefruit even though the hint keeps telling you need the grapefriut from the temple courtyard.

ellen941
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Aug 22, 11 3:03 PM
I can't get the sand away from the spinx. I have the part I need but the game keeps telling me I can't use it there. So now what?

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 3:35:46 PM PST

Mohlin
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mohlin on Aug 25, 11 5:33 AM
Clark1228 wrote:No problem downloading but not able to play the game because it opens off center. I am unable to see any "play," "options," or any button. The only way to exit the program is to do a ctrl+alt+del. How can I fix this problem?

I have had this problem before. Go to desktop, right click, screen resolution, make items lager or smaller, chose 100%, apply, restart. Problem solved.

Go to: