MySadie
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by MySadie on Aug 16, 11 5:44 PM
I've had the same problem as others here. I had the bar showing on the left and the rest of the screen was black. I remember seeing something about not using widescreen as my screen resolution was not high enough. That's never been a problem before! I uninstalled the game and downloaded it again to try resetting the screen size, but after downloading it and opening it again, I still have the bar on the left side of the screen! I also got a message saying something about a stack error. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to write that down, and of course, now I can't remember what it said!! I was hoping this game would be like all the Hidden Expedition games I already have and would be my first Collector's Edition, but it's not looking like I can play it at all!

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by iluvgames55 on Aug 17, 11 5:50 AM
My game played just fine until the 3rd chapter. Now I'm having the same issues with the 2" bar of the screen on the far left and the rest of the screen is black that everyone else is having. There is no way to go to the option to change it to widescreen or full screen. I have a gaming computer and I've NEVER had these issues before now.

The game, when it was working properly was widescreen (end to end, no black bars framing it) and it looked great. However, now it's all messed up and I cannot even play it. I've followed everyone's suggestions but nothing works. I spent over an hour and a half trying to get it work properly last night and finally gave up. I'm really disappointed in this game that it has those issues. My screen resolution goes as high as 1600x900, which is the resolution that I play all my games in and it is the recommended setting to use for viewing everything.

I have a 17" widescreen laptop & monitor, which is why my resolution is very high. If I try following the directions for put the resolution to 1024x768 I do get to see the whole game screen in that small area, but I get an error message that the resolution is too low, and the there's no way I can select full screen on or widescreen in the options because the game has disabled those options, and the screen resolution is too low. This is ridiculous. If this isn't resolved soon, I don't think I'll be buying any more games created by this developer.

[Post New]by xiaojiemkyuu on Aug 17, 11 6:04 AM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 08/17/2011 at 9:26:29 AM PST

kiwichook
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kiwichook on Aug 17, 11 5:21 PM
BFG VERY disappointing was really looking forward to this. Down Loaded demo but like others ,game very slow, cursor really jerky, items slow to go in box lasted about 2 minutes in game play and gave up. Have now uninstalled.

You need to get your act together or you will lose members. Never used to have the problems we encounter so often in your games now. Quality control needs sorting.

[Post New]by ExpatSooner on Aug 18, 11 8:04 AM
I can't play this game!

Everytime I try to start playing I get: "Access violation at 0x7701C23C (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated".

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled three times.

Please help!

Edited on 08/18/2011 at 8:06:08 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 18, 11 11:45 AM
Hello everyone,

For those of you seeing a strip on the left side of the game, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps should be able to help you with some troubleshooting steps to hopefully resolve this issue.

ExpatSooner, please take a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps that might help:

Access Violation

If you need further assistance, please get in touch with Tech Support as well. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Aug 18, 11 5:12 PM
The only advice CS has is to change the resolution, The only resolution that works for me is 1024 x 768---no other res will work. I guess that's ok, but what a hassle to the desktop and to have to go back and forth. And this is a CE! And it's actually from BF Games Studios (along with Floodlight Games). You would think if any dev out there would want it right, it would be BF. A fix, please!

MySadie
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by MySadie on Aug 18, 11 6:16 PM
I booted up my computer tonight and re-opened Game Manager to play Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE. To my surprise after I selected 1024 x 768, the game works! Really don't understand this at all because I did the same thing last night and only had the bar along the left of the screen. I don't really want to play this game at such low resolution, nor do I want to have to change the resolution every time I play the game. This is a first for me too. I'm normally using a screen resolution of 1366 x 768.

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Aug 19, 11 10:38 AM
Marissa707 wrote:The demo that I downloaded did not have an SG or extra play or anything that could identify it as a CE!
And I am pretty sure the ordinary edition is not out yet.

The strategy guide wasn't included in the demo game, but it's in the full version.

pippi929
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by pippi929 on Aug 19, 11 5:25 PM
janspack wrote:I'm sure I will enjoy it but when I clicked on the Widescreen option in the trial version, all I got was a 2" wide strip of the opening screen on the left hand side. I decided to buy the game without a trial and so I uninstalled the trial version using the uninstaller in the game manage. So I uninstalled again. using a "deep cleaner" uninstall program and am just downloading it again in the hope it will be OK this time.

Anyone else had this problem with the widescreen option?

Had the same problem... I left clicked on my desktop went to graphics properties and changed my screen resolution to 1280x760 and that fixed the problem.

[Post New]by chula310 on Aug 20, 11 12:14 PM
Hi, looks like a great game but tech. issues makes it a no buy for me. After a slow and jurkie cursor. Very slow loading of the game after the download. I even tried it a work and the same on a different computer. Any fix on the cursor. I changed it to the non-custom one and the result was the same. Sad looks like a great game.

[Post New]by cindyr6358 on Aug 20, 11 7:05 PM
i have that problem too the only thing that worked for me was to change my resolution to 1128x864 and it works. I dont like to do this because I have to do it every time I want to play it. But until they can fix that problem that will have to do. Also I am stuck in the game I have gone as far as I can. Need button and powder can anyone help.

Cindy

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Aug 21, 11 12:45 AM
I am extremely disappointed in the tech help from BF lately. I e-mailed them over 24 hours ago about the problem with slow HE game (for me, I could play about an hour, then it got slower & slower & finally just froze up & I had to turn my computer off and on to get it going again). I'm also having a problem w/reinstalling another game (says it's in Game Manager, but when I click on it to Play, nothing happens except a "Bloop" & if I try it again, it says the game is running) Uninstalled & reinstalled & same result. I've never had so many problems! I thought it was new computer time, so I did, and it seems just as bad, if not worse! Please BF, make these problems the exception, not the rule...I'm pretty patient, but just about had it!

Zhenya722
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zhenya722 on Aug 21, 11 10:52 AM
Issue with disabling the sub and removing the bolts from the glass window. If you don't assemble the drill and the drill bit in the correct order, no bolts appear to use the drill on, and you can go no further in the game. Strategy Guide should be more specific with respect to order of assembly of drill and drill bit.

[Post New]by jed1224 on Aug 21, 11 2:40 PM
Has anyone had this problem in Chapter 2? I am trying to assemble the diving suit and have the code. Now I am trying to moving the dial on the diving suit but nothing happens. Nothing is moving. I tried clicking everywhere to move the dial so that 180 is at the bottom. It seems to me that if I can't get it moving, then I am stuck and can't move on?

[Post New]by myemail on Aug 21, 11 6:45 PM
One of this game's biggest frustration and mystery is "Why it takes so long to start/load?!"
Speaking of Load, I did a load of laundry while waiting to play.

lizkgames
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by lizkgames on Aug 21, 11 7:35 PM
Debnfla wrote:Yes there is a SG, I have been using it a couple times during the game. I haven't reached the end of the game yet but surely there is bonus play, I'm pretty sure I saw a bonus chapter.

Deb

Exactly WHERE is the SG? I would love to use it when the hints aren't so helpful.
But I don't even see a Guide button or site. I know I'm in the trial version, but it should at least SHOW where the Guide would be - if this is one of those games that you have to buy before you can use the Guide.

[Post New]by Christo20 on Aug 21, 11 9:14 PM
Lost my key to the old antique chest, the key i got from the critter i trapped with the raisons. I had the key and clicked on the old chest before zooming in and the key just vanished and is now gone. I am not looking forward to starting over. is there some code i can put in console for the key, the game is great just weird that it just vanished. Please Help!

shaferc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by shaferc on Aug 22, 11 3:33 PM
Love HE's. I cannot get the program to load. It stays on the map and then freezes. My whole running system freezes. I tried uninstalling, putting the game in the trash and reinstalling. Tried to get into tech support, but the catagory button would not open. i definitely need help.
char

Sadsid
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Sadsid on Aug 26, 11 6:32 AM
I do not think my problem is a technical but I am trying to do the puzzle on the door to get into the violin shop and can't. Has anyone a suggestion?

Go to: