Lost in the City?

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Lost in the City?

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Mar 14, 09 8:11 PM
Just finished. Unsure how many chapters, but I'm thinking 50 some. It was very long. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved the story line and the games. Great game. Worth the moolah. Thanks, !!!!

julia2U
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by julia2U on Mar 14, 09 11:34 PM
giggyann wrote:I didn't like it at all. Tooo dark, items tooooo small and dark.....shooting her cutout picture in the head with a gun??? I thought he liked her??

Just finished playing the"game for tomorrow" and i agree Lost in the City does look and feel DARK. I prefer games that leave a happy feeling, and this one left me with a grim and grimy feeling. I was glad the game demo stopped when it did, cause I was worried about where the storyline was going... Also for me the visuals seemed very dark and grainy on my 17 in monitor. It was actually easier to find stuff not in the close-up mode.. And it would be nice if your pointer changed when you were using a tool. Oh yeah, What is the rating on this game? It certainly did not tell me...

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 15, 09 1:19 AM
I played the demo 5 minutes, and uninstalled it - didn't find my hands and legs there.
Small objects, penalties for hints, and where the hell are the batteries and the key???...

Now I am puzzled: 6/8 of the players liked it, 2/8 - didn't. May be I am wrong? If 3 people say you are drunk, then you are drunk indeed... .

I think I'll give it another chance...

Trion_EGSS
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Trion_EGSS on Mar 15, 09 1:26 AM
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/26469.page

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Mar 15, 09 1:51 AM
Hi, finished this last night and I must say I enjoyed it. There are 40 chapters in all.
Some objects are hard to find and the hint system takes off points if an object is not found with 2 clicks.

Good storyline, but grim.

Worth the money.

[Post New]by thatbonnielass on Mar 16, 09 11:40 AM
I've never felt compelled to post before,but WOW this was a great game! MORE please! I especially loved the length... seems like a lot of the games I've been buying lately have been giving me only a couple of hours of play each... this one was perfect... but still left me wanting more! Thanks Big Fish, keep 'em coming!

BrightOne
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by BrightOne on Mar 18, 09 1:27 AM
Hi
Got the game from bfg love it some of the password games were hard going to add this game to my list.

hooke
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by hooke on Mar 20, 09 7:25 PM
downloaded game from b.f and it keeps freezing and bla cking out all the time .I have vista computer and havent had any trouble with other games.

melisten
Manatee
Manatee
3,783 Posts

[Post New]by melisten on Mar 20, 09 7:31 PM
Welcome Hooke to the pond where the water is warm and the fish cool

I am on level 26 had no problems could check with CS the last window on your right see the green envelope click on -HTH

On the desktop icon you could right click go to properties see tab compatibility click on the ncheck to see if program operation in Windows XP

Edited on 03/20/2009 at 7:33:57 PM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 20, 09 7:33 PM
I have Vista also. Make sure your video driver is up to date, and also be sure SP1 is installed! My games ran MUCH better after I installed SP1. I didn't realize it wasn't on the system when I got it, so used it a long time without. All the little glitchy things like jerky cursor, etc., were fine after installing SP1. Hope this helps. Also, I think if you have a 64 bit system, it can cause problems. I don't know, since mine is 32 bit.

bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBering on Mar 21, 09 10:15 AM
Hi Fishies!

Just popping in to let you know I am sorting out the pond a little, and moving this over the the Lost in the City forums.

Happy gaming !

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 22, 09 2:37 AM
phatkhat wrote:Also, I think if you have a 64 bit system, it can cause problems. I don't know, since mine is 32 bit.
No problems here with Vista 64 SP1

moosemama
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by moosemama on Mar 22, 09 3:27 PM
oh my GOSH, this game goes on FOR EVA....I quit after chapter 40....too repetitve. C-.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 23, 09 10:49 AM
That's an odd comment, moosemama, since there are only 40 chapters.

[Post New]by sploopidoo on Mar 29, 09 4:32 PM
Played Lost in the city the game it's really cool, Iam glad I bought it.
I never got bored with it and loved everything about it.

[Post New]by amyloup on Apr 1, 09 2:46 PM
First ever posting I loved Lost in the City , absolutely brilliant

tygra451
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Stuck in Chapter 19..Cell

[Post New]by tygra451 on Apr 4, 09 1:56 PM
SOS button is no help. There is a marker which supposed to be used at 12 times. I can't figure out! Help!! Thanks.

Edited on 04/04/2009 at 1:56:56 PM PST

[Post New]by ian2803 on Apr 7, 09 6:03 PM
midnight1864 wrote:WOW!!
Now this is a good game!!! Finished the 60min demo. LOved it!!! Game played well, no glitch's Great story line, challenging mini games. Looks to be a long game given the amount of secrets you can buy. Also has a relaxed mode, so no timer but you earn less & can buy less secrets. Some objects are small, but not to bad. Seems to be very well done, good adventure/HO game! Can't wait to buy!!!!
Have'nt been this excited about a game in a long time!!
PLEASE BE Tomorrows game!!!!!

Pretty pretty please!!

Alternatively ......

This has to be the most mind-numbingly boring game I've played. (I lasted 10 minutes.) And you're wetting your pants over it? (Please don't ask me out on a date you sad ......)

[Post New]by ian2803 on Apr 7, 09 6:12 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:I played the demo 5 minutes, and uninstalled it - didn't find my hands and legs there.
Small objects, penalties for hints, and where the hell are the batteries and the key???...

Now I am puzzled: 6/8 of the players liked it, 2/8 - didn't. May be I am wrong? If 3 people say you are drunk, then you are drunk indeed... .

I think I'll give it another chance...

Totally with you except that I lasted 10 minutes and I certainly won't be giving it another chance. This game is BORING!!!!! (Personally, I think whoever decided this was worth putting on BF was the drunk.)

[Post New]by Abbria on Apr 8, 09 12:39 AM
I didn't like this game much. The story line was intriguing but the game play was boring. There was nothing challenging about it, excepting the lock picking puzzles that popped up now and again. Unlike other games I've played here, there is absolutely no replay value.

I'm not one for writing a negative review; in fact, this is the first time I've done so... I found the game that disappointing. I wish I would have spent my game credit elsewhere. JMHO.

Go to: