ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any The Secrets of Arcelia Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Sep 4, 11 8:59 PM
well since nobody bothered to answer my issues I was having with either of the puzzles and the fact they do not come up for you to play them, maybe someone can answer this question?

When I click on play the game crashes and tells me

"Playground Skeleton Application Has Stopped Working"

why?

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Sep 5, 11 1:05 PM
When I finished the demo, I was in the tree and had just finished the grow potion. I bought the game. Now, I can't move from that room. Grrrr. Second game today with a glitch and the other is a CE. This stinks!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 5, 11 3:14 PM

@ThomAndJerry: If you were to take a screenshot of this error message and send it in to Tech Support along with a Dr. Felix report, one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

@Pertigal: One thing that has solved problems like this for others when upgrading from the trial version, is to create a new player profile after activating the full version. This will require you to start over from the beginning, but it should solve the issue for you. Of course, if it doesn't, please feel free to contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 09/05/2011 at 3:16:14 PM PST

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Sep 6, 11 3:58 AM
Thank you Hondo....I was hoping there was a fix that wouldn't require that but I guess I'll give it a try. I appreciate the tip.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Sep 6, 11 6:00 AM
The only issues I had with the game were as follows:

When I exited the game, the screen would turn white and after sitting for a bit, I'd have to hit Ctrl/Alt/Delete. Sometimes the sound was still on after I closed it out, but nothing too serious.

I already had my browser open and didn't realize that the game was opening a second page (I thought I had clicked something (After reading a couple of reviews, I see that the developers set the game up to open your browser upon exiting the game)).

During one mini game, it sounded like the music was playing two different tunes at the same time. Nothing major, but it did get annoying.

I noticed that two pages of the journal were filled out before I had actually done anything during a scene but I just used those as hints. Hahaha!

Overall, it was a pretty good game, but it needs to run a little bit more smoothly when using the journal and playing mini games. For example, I would try to back out of a mini game to use the journal but there was no back arrow. I thought the game would get stuck a couple of times, however, I managed.

I enjoyed playing this game. It was a nice change from the dark and dreary games I normally play. Good graphics, music, and fun game play, fairies and all.

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Sep 7, 11 3:33 PM
same problems with the journal-and the access error-also the skeleton what does that mean??? Where oh where did our beloved old big fish go??? Also been having ALOT of problems since the new game manager went into effect-such a shame.............

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Sep 8, 11 12:40 PM
Well, count me in as another having problems with the journal. As soon as I open it and click on the tab, it shuts down with an access violation. I tried un-installing and re-installing, deleting my profile and starting over, and even playing in compatability mode and nothing is working. This is highly disappointing and I really hope they issue a patch for this game.

ETA: I'm playing on a Vista 32 bit system.

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 12:41:04 PM PST

[Post New]by mysterycat75 on Sep 10, 11 5:57 PM
Hello,
I've been having issues with the game not responding at times. For example, when I try to go to the story pages, an error message dialogue box pops up and says, something to the effect that the Playground application is not responding and the application has been terminated. Not sure how to fix this, but during first 47 minutes of the hour long trial, it has happened 5 times. I really like this game, but wouldn't buy it at this point, since I can't afford to buy a game that is going to keep acting up, so that I might not be able to finish it.

Can anyone tell me when this issue might be fixed?

snaffins
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by snaffins on Sep 11, 11 10:05 AM
Add me to the list of people having problems with the journal causing a violation and shutting game down.

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Sep 12, 11 10:32 AM
The game has been downloading over 15 minutes now. I've never had a game take even a fraction of that to download. Yes I read the help items - none seemed to apply.

Sounds like this game has some major issues - I hope this is the only one I have.

p.s. I liked the old GM better.

[Post New]by dorothyofoz on Sep 13, 11 6:53 PM
I couldn't start playing trial version. Error said can't find any direct 3D devices.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 14, 11 3:47 PM
same deal with the error violation when clicking on the journal. have reinstalled, still does it....can we get a fix for this????

[Post New]by Papgano on Sep 16, 11 2:00 PM
Game Crashes when i try to take book from the father.
Game crashes when I click on book.
Game crashes when I don't click on book.
Have to have book to move forward.

[Post New]by booksnspurs on Sep 18, 11 8:36 AM
Yep, same problem as a lot other fishies, click the journal and game freezes with an error message. Also thought the cursor was dragging a little too. Closed game, opened it up again, and areas are no longer active.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 21, 11 6:11 PM
Crash Dumped Twice on this game. What is up with that????

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 22, 11 2:56 PM
CRASH DUMP. TWICE. i really wanted to play this game so i restored my computer and started over with a new profile the first time. almost finished the game and it crash dumped again. now i am afraid to play it and will be asking for my credit back. i am extremely irritated, but cannot risk my computer for a game.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 24, 11 2:41 PM
lvfao wrote:
angelfishp wrote:Like Miss Lisa and drgncollector, I checked my journal and received access violation message. I uninstalled and reinstalled and got back in the game but I can't click on anything.

angelfish, miss lisa and dragncollector...i had the access violation message on the demo..when i tried to go from the beach to the boat...that's it for me...gonna wait for the update...

too bad....i like the game and i have like 8 bonus credits which are apparently good for nothing except the occasional decent se game...and i have 3 more coming...geesh!

and btw...it crashed on a skeleton issue...which means what? hates my bones??? lol

had 2 computer crash dumps on this game...afraid my pc will be damaged, so i contacted via and had drfelix run a diagnostic on me...end result was
a credit for a new game, and i deleted this one. all my drivers, etc are updated, running on a pc vista 64 bit. now i don't know how it ended....

[Post New]by stormy05 on Sep 24, 11 10:46 PM
This is what I encountered in Chapter 2 (The 2nd Pearl). I put the bag of stones on the pedestal in the marketplace, but when I click on it, the mini-game doesn't open. Also, when I click on the well, the mini-game doesn't open.

I know others have asked how to fix this problem but I do not see a solution. PLEASE I would really like to finish the game. I uninstalled and started over but the same thing happened. Please help!

Mowglikat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Mowglikat on Nov 6, 11 2:27 AM
Me too. It kicks out when I use the book, but only sometimes. It's horrible, because I think I have it fixed and I get totally into the game, and then all of a sudden, I'm looking at that access error violation again.

I adjusted the screen settings the way the Moderator said we should, and that fixed the problem, but then the game won't run from the Game Manager anymore. I click "play" and nothing happens. I'm very frustrated. I was able to put a shortcut on my desktop, but I'm really annoyed that it's not working from the game manager and I have to work around it. I paid for something that works, not for something I have to work around to MAKE work.

That said, since I created the shortcut, I haven't had a problem. I'm not betting the house on the rest of it, though.

Mowg

[Post New]by Happycatscooter on Dec 3, 11 5:50 PM
Anyone else having trouble getting the second canteen of water to open the lion gate? it won't fill the canteen at the well. Hint button tells me to fill the canteen but it's not happening. Was also going to buy another game but it got stuck after 33 min of play. Having problems Big Fish? Please fix.

Go to: