dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 29, 11 10:45 AM
Nice game, ease hidden objects, easy to figure out what to do next. Clear graphics, music not bad. Nice for a beginner, or someone who doesn't have anything else to do at the moment. It just didnt' grab me and keep my interest. No buy for me. Besides, I went into a feeding frenzy over the weekend and bought up all the CE games I had passed up for one reason or another. The pond is flooded right now.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 29, 11 11:08 AM
Old_Man_River wrote:Good game, lousy price. Just putting my 2 cents in. I keep seeing the theme "You own the game" I don' think that this is true. If I own the game, why do I need BF's permission to play it? Why do I need to connect to the internet to let BF know that I want to play and get their permission? What happens if BF goes out of business? What happens when I can no longer afford internet access? Are the game giong to be useable? If it is my game, why do I have to put up with that God Awful game manager each time I want to play?
(Sound of me getting off of my soapbox)

I'll have to ad this to my wish list of SE,s

Once you have bought the game, then of course you own it. You don't need BFG's 'permission' to play it or connect to the internet. The GM is simply a hub; a tidy place to keep all the games you bought from BFG. Unfortunately the new GM is pretty awful but what can you do?

If BFG go out of business (which seems unlikely) or you can't afford internet access, it makes no difference. You have bought the game, so it's yours forever. The only downside to either scenario would be if you inadvertently deleted the game; with no site or internet access to retrieve it, you would have lost it. I don't think you can re-install any other way.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Aug 29, 11 11:28 AM
The 1 hour try went fast and I could not help to keep going, truly enchanting game.
I think it's the first game I play from this dvlps, really really cute! Gorgeous graphics and story, so far is a 10 to me!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 29, 11 1:47 PM
I just finished the second chapter. Quite often, the trial version in a game is really well done and looks great and fun gameplay, and then, when you buy the game, it often gets a little boring and less exciting.

Well, I didn`t have much hope that the first chapter could be beaten in beauty and gameplay or, at the very least, that the second chapter would be just as good as the first one.

I am very happy to say that the second chapter is even more "enchanting" than the first chapter. I am absolutely thrilled with this game. It`s just about the most wonderful game with such stunning graphics, animation (the map is full of them), and wonderful characters to interact with.

This game is simply gorgeous.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 29, 11 2:51 PM
Valdy wrote:I just finished the second chapter. Quite often, the trial version in a game is really well done and looks great and fun gameplay, and then, when you buy the game, it often gets a little boring and less exciting.

Well, I didn`t have much hope that the first chapter could be beaten in beauty and gameplay or, at the very least, that the second chapter would be just as good as the first one.

I am very happy to say that the second chapter is even more "enchanting" than the first chapter. I am absolutely thrilled with this game. It`s just about the most wonderful game with such stunning graphics, animation (the map is full of them), and wonderful characters to interact with.

This game is simply gorgeous.

I agree plus its like playing 6 separate games. You can quit to do chores (or try to drain your basement) after one chapter ends and then come back to sit down with the next game in a different location.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Aug 29, 11 4:28 PM
Overall a very good game. enjoyed it very much - a little too short for me though. I've played longer games that are no CEs.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 30, 11 12:58 AM
jkuci wrote:I agree plus its like playing 6 separate games. You can quit to do chores (or try to drain your basement) after one chapter ends and then come back to sit down with the next game in a different location.

That`s exactly it. And I like it too. With games that have just one continuing story, I have to keep playing the game, otherwise I will forget what happened before or where in the story exactly I was or what I had to do next. And I often start from the beginning again if, for example, a day has lapsed between playing the game. This way it`s much more fun.

Penguin29 wrote:Overall a very good game. enjoyed it very much - a little too short for me though. I've played longer games that are no CEs.

Oh please. Too short? It took me 2 hours to play 2 chapters, and there are 6 of them. Are you one of those peeps who race through a game? Just go: click, click, click, checking the clock all the time to see how quickly you can finish a game?
I can`t see much fun in it.

--- --- ---

Forgot to mention: After I bought the full version, I started again from the beginning - just loved the first chapter so much, and wanted to see if I was able to do the astrology puzzle, which I did (once you know what to do, it`s easy).

I also didn`t use the hint button the second time round, and when I finished with the chapter, I got a gold medal, which was hanging from that painting. And I got one for the second chapter. I didn`t get a gold medal the first time I played. I guess that you only get one when you don`t use any hints and don`t skip any puzzles.

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Aug 30, 11 5:25 AM
bettums wrote:Wow, I can't believe the negative comments. I think it is a beautiful game. It is not too hard, the music is kind of relaxing, the scenery and graphics are really nice and it is a relaxing way to pass the time. I wish I could buy it today but I'm suffering from that old Italian disease "fundsalo" . All in all I think it is a nice relaxing way to spend some time.

Save your money, it is a nice game and sort of fun to play, but talk about short.
6 chapters, that is it, no extra game play, and it is meant to be a Collectors Edition. It is not worth the money I am so angry that I got ripped off I wish I could tell the people face to face how angry I am. Most of the games lately have been CE and I have bought most of them, not bad, worth the money.
But this one arrrrgh I am pulling my hair out with anger.

for the game:
for the length:

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 30, 11 8:11 AM
annetterider wrote: Save your money, it is a nice game and sort of fun to play, but talk about short.
6 chapters, that is it, no extra game play, and it is meant to be a Collectors Edition. It is not worth the money I am so angry that I got ripped off I wish I could tell the people face to face how angry I am. Most of the games lately have been CE and I have bought most of them, not bad, worth the money.
But this one arrrrgh I am pulling my hair out with anger.

for the game:
for the length:

Did you play all 6 chapters to know it is short, or are you looking at the SG? Also, the splash page says there is bonus gameplay - so if there is not you might want to let BFG know.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Aug 30, 11 8:38 AM
I liked the game very much, graphics were excellent, games were unique but it seemed really short for a CE game. I want them longer and more involved.

wolywig
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by wolywig on Aug 30, 11 9:07 AM
this game is total ugh!!!! not anything as good as the other Lost Souls sorry that is just my opinion I didn't even finish the trial it is thumbs down for me!!!!!!!

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Aug 30, 11 11:00 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this game. Graphics A. Storyline good, but similar of lost kids games. Some of the puzzles were hard but most okay and fun. That is what this game is FUN. No seriousness, just adventure. I enjoyed exploring all the areas and the HOG were easy and quite a few of them. I liked collecting the coins even tho there is really no reason. Thanks BF for a enjoyable time. I will play this game again just for FUN.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Aug 31, 11 11:37 AM
Awesome game, tremendous graphics, rather short for a CE and no real bonus chapter, just free-play of what you already did... not sorry I bought it, but it really left me wanting more, and not for the right reason. I believe this one is a better value as a SE, nothing I experienced was worth a CE, and I rarely say that....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 31, 11 12:07 PM
Cobweb55 wrote:Awesome game, tremendous graphics, rather short for a CE and no real bonus chapter, just free-play of what you already did..

I don`t ´see how you could have missed that painting with that huge chain hanging around it and a lock. That was the bonus game, aka chapter 6.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 31, 11 3:33 PM
Well, I have now finished the game at long last, and it took me about 5 hours in all.

The graphics are magnificent - especially when I was in the underwater world, and entered the place where the huge Octopus resides, it was as if I was watching HD television (or looking into an aquarium). Crystal clear images, almost real enough to touch.

This was a really wonderful game. And I personally did like the fact that I was able to do all the puzzles without having to skip one. That never happened to me before in any game. I do rather prefer the puzzles not to be too difficult, because I really don`t want to use the skip button.

Thank you so much, developers. This was a most excellent game.

Juicey08
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Juicey08 on Aug 31, 11 6:09 PM
Very disappointed with this one. I love CE's, I collect them alot but this one I feel I should of waited until the SE came out. Bummed I spent the money

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Sep 1, 11 1:50 AM
I am enjoying this game a lot. Good graphics, story line, clear HOG scenes. Not overdone on the puzzles. It does seem that I am getting through this pretty fast and I am not a fast player.
I have seen lot of comments as to the game play being short. I do notice that the more of these games that I buy and play that the faster I get at them, though intentionally so. So far, glad that I bought.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 1, 11 7:21 AM
Well I just came on here to read some of the reviews, and they are mostly good ones, so I am downloading now, and so excited, this sounds like my type of game...YIPEE!!
Valdy, I would also like to thank you for your comment, regarding the game play, after you purchased the game, that the second chapter out did, the first, which is wonderful news.
I also find a lot, that during the demo, the game play seems great, and what I am looking for, than after I purchase the game, its not even close to what I was expecting, and I find that I really don't care for it, or its just a let down.
SO, very happy to hear, this one gets better and better, so off to play now, will add more, after I've tried it, but my hopes are high, just from what I've read so far :-)

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Sep 1, 11 8:48 AM
Beautiful, clear graphics that fill my entire widescreen monitor (for once). The game is very easy but I'm still enjoying it. The one thing I really don't like is the cheesy music. I turned it off, which I don't like to do. But overall, a decent game.

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 8:55:15 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 1, 11 9:12 AM
quarlesqueen wrote:Valdy, I would also like to thank you for your comment, regarding the game play, after you purchased the game, that the second chapter out did, the first, which is wonderful news.
I also find a lot, that during the demo, the game play seems great, and what I am looking for, than after I purchase the game, its not even close to what I was expecting, and I find that I really don't care for it, or its just a let down.
SO, very happy to hear, this one gets better and better, so off to play now, will add more, after I've tried it, but my hopes are high, just from what I've read so far :-)

Hi Quarlesqueen...

I wouldn`t go so far as to say that it gets better and better (but that is just my opinion). I find the second chapter the best, the first chapter the second best, and the other chapters not quite as stunningly great as those 2 but still very enjoyable.

Hope you will enjoy the game - I did.

Go to: