Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess III

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Sep 2, 11 10:55 AM
This is one of my favourite game series, so i was glad to see a third installment.

Pro:
- This game is far more playable then game 2. I did find game 2 too difficult: on most levels it was very hard to get gold. This version has some difficult levels too, but not too the extremes game 2 did have.
- The mini-games are skippable this time: again you have the 'smash the animal-thing' which i dont like, not because it are animals (i mean, its just a game, you kill ghosts, lions and hornets in the regular game too...), but because it simply is annoying and useless. This time they fortunately are skippable. When you dont succeed, and you get asked if you want to play again: just click 'no'... The hindside to that: you dont get gold on that level, but silver.
- All the elements and gameplay i liked in the first 2 games are there. A nice new feature is the possibility to get free resources when your workers are inactive.

To be continued...

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Sep 2, 11 11:00 AM
Going further with my review:

Cons:
- This game seems shorter then the first two: it seems there are like 60 levels, I think in the first two games there were 70 or even 90 (?).
- The new arcade type of game where you have to move yourse horse or polar bear through obstacles is as useless as the 'smash the animals' one. At least its skippable (again, you get silver instead of gold on that level)
- There are no new type of buildings or 'enemies' in this game. Therefore it feels a lot like an easier (and shorter) version of game 2. I think thats a bit 'cheap' from the developers. To keep this franchise exciting, they should IMO bring some new elements in game 4 (i hope it comes, at least).

My verdict: 7.5 out of 10 points

[Post New]by ElleDonnay on Sep 2, 11 11:42 AM
I love all 3 of these games - very mentally challenging and stimulating! However, regarding v1.0.1, there is a programming defect on level 5.4. The Polar Bear on the left guarding the Fisherman’s Hut is "blocked" - even though I have the required resources (5 gold/3 food) to remove him. Therefore, I am prevented from moving on to the next level.

robinsegg
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by robinsegg on Sep 2, 11 7:44 PM
I reallly enjoy these gameas, but I very much dislike the 'bash the animals' mini games and the last round in each 'chapter'. These rounds are very unlike anything I usually play and unlike anything the game is all about. Yuck.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Sep 3, 11 9:42 AM
The only thing I have to add is that I'm loving this game. I found #2 impossible without changing the code. Looks like the devs listened. I love that you can continue the game, although I'm guessing that you can't complete your castle, even if you don't beat the wolves, etc. Since I have the first 2 and loved them, this is a definite buy. Thanks nevosoft.

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Sep 3, 11 11:45 AM
mom68 wrote:Yep...I hate the voice in this game as well as the time limit, and agree that not giving the game purchaser time to even finish a level before the time ends is not a way to have people still buy the game. I won't buy this game. I'm checking out "Hidden World" right now. And BTW, fellow Fishes, I noticed that a new Farm Frenzy game is also coming out...Viking Heroes!

So, hopefully we'll have two really good building, TM games out really soon on BFG!

Happy Gaming!

Alright, I just finished the whole demo, and almost completed the first series of games [they used to be an island on the old MKFTP games] and I got to the hammering of the wolves and just froze. This is precisely why I will not go through another purchase of MKFTP. I do not like smacking animals, and it's just a nerve wracking level anyway. Tons of snakes slithering quickly toward the main house? Forget about it! I have MKFTP one and two, and this is just a rehash of another, all to similar, version. And other posters are indeed correct...the bridge making is just taking way too long. And the voice! Ugh. That voice is annoying. I'm clicking on a large build project [e.g., a bridge] as a quick reminder of how many pieces of wood or how many units of food I need to build the project. I do not need the annoying voice saying, "You DON'T have enough WOOD!"

I will pass on purchasing this game. Cannot wait for other TM games to debut this month on BFG! Happy Gaming!

mareMeva
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by mareMeva on Sep 4, 11 3:57 AM
I just finished all levels and all with gold level but three of them (oh, and all those damned minigames where you have to go through obstacles running on any sort of thing, which I simply resigned to "loose").

I must say I liked the game, as much as I loved I and II. At the beginning, the new interface layout made me go a bit crazy, because I did not find the bonuses on the far right of my 24" wide screen, and did not see clearly what I had to do and what I had at hand on the far left of my... well, you know.

After finishing the game I still must say that I don't understand the following: in some levels you must get a specific amount of resources. WHY does the status not show how many logs/gold/food do you have? This was solved perfectly in previous versions. Now you must hover the task bar with your mouse to see an enormous window with those amounts. What's the use of it? making the user loose time?

New bonuses are interesting, but I had the impression that they are not offered so often as the already known.

Regarding the difficulty, I think it's somehow easier than version II - or maybe I played the previous versions so much that I finally "learned" the tricks -.

I did not like the map to access the various levels too much, either, since you have to change from one section to another to see what you missed and replay.

*** Alert, this is somehow a SPOILER ***

AH: and I loved last level. I was a bit disappointed at first, because I expected to find something extrahard with a lot of stones to remove, no food nor gold, a tricky combination of bonuses, and I-don't-know-what-else... (i.e. I WANTED MORE!), but I still liked it, and will not tell you anything else.

*** Ends here.

Happy gaming to you all!

mM

Edited on 09/04/2011 at 4:00:13 AM PST

onelifesdream
Flounder
Flounder
2,271 Posts

[Post New]by onelifesdream on Sep 4, 11 1:12 PM
I played 10 minutes and purchased as I have the other 2 in this series and love the games!

However, I wish I had continued to play through the hour trial as I am unable to continue this game because of the new graphics of sparkly rainbow of colors for the bonus resources. I didn't know what was going on and why they were there so I kept looking to try to figure it out, but couldn't even finish that first section it was introduced before getting an instant migraine and nausea from it.

I sure wish there was a way to turn that feature off so I could continue to play this game!!! How bout it developer's? Any chance of this happening??? I don't want to contact CS about yet another game. I'd LOVE to play it!
I tried replaying without using the bonus resources button, BUT it still did it anyway when I used the bonus worker!!! If this is a permanent feature and there isn't going to be an option for it or some way around it, there is no way for me to play and I am sure others with migraine issues may have the same problem as me also. There just HAS to be a way around it and still be able to complete the levels.

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Sep 5, 11 7:33 AM
I found this game a lot easier than MKFTP2. I was really mad at myself for buying 2. I had no problems with 1, and finished the first level of 2 with no problems. But I didn't get much farther, because early in 2nd level I got the dreaded bat. I replayed the level over and over, read tips, etc. You can't skip it and go on to some other level, so there I was, with a game I could not play. Fortunately, I found a cheat tip posted by a fellow fishie, and I had to use it. First, I used it too well, and the game became too easy. Then I did it more carefully, and was able to finish the game. Didn't get much gold.
This time, only got that nasty bat once, and was able to replay the level and finish. I've actually managed to get gold on most of the levels. In fact, though I doubt I will ever see the bear, my castle looks quite spectacular! Now I can replay the 12 levels without gold and keep trying to beat them. (I love the bashing games - have always been a big fan of Whack the Mole arcade game! There used to be an online game with photos of various politicians popping up (both parties!) and you could bash them! Alas, can't find it any more. I guess I have a cruel streak. Anyhow, you can just skip the bashing games, but there are a lot less creatures and they move slower.
It's not Royal Envoy or Roads to Rome, but it is a darn good game!

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Sep 5, 11 11:09 AM
I love, love, LOVE this game!! It's so much better than 2!! With the others they were way too hard for me to ever come close to building my castle but this one I've played and finally got all gold last night! Yeah, I was excited!

The devs appeared to listen to the people that had such a difficult time with the second in the series, so it's a pleasure to play this one. I've already started a new game and this will be my new go-to game to have fun.

Thank you soooo much for making a game that I can actually get all gold on for a change!!!!

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

Easier than the other two

[Post New]by elizaew on Sep 5, 11 2:01 PM
Is it my imagination or is MKFPIII easier than the other two? I finished all of the levels at gold within about a day. I only had to replay one or two levels twice to get gold. MKFP I and MKFP II made me sweat bullets to get gold. So that's a little disappointing.

And really .....after all the complaints why do they retain that awful man's voice and those horrible mini games?

I love this type of game. Keep 'em coming!

judieau
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by judieau on Sep 6, 11 5:42 PM
Love this game! I haven't played these games on the wide screen before and it is awesome! The colours are lovely and graphics are clear, plus I like the idea of the total supplies etc being on the side of the screen instead of at the top. Really great thanks devs

sdannenb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sdannenb on Sep 9, 11 8:14 AM
Love this series, and replay 1 and 2 often. However this one is way too easy. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by autumnLEEves on Sep 10, 11 3:53 PM
jawfish wrote:I just finished the game with all expert, though I have yet to beat the developer's score on some. Will work on that....

Overall, this game is easier than the 2nd one, I can't remember the first one, haven't played that in a long time. I hardly had to replay a level to get expert but not so for the 2nd game.

Bash the animals minigame is easier this time around, each time made it through first try.

It's a very enjoyable and polished game like the previous two. Hope there will be a 4th one soon, maybe make the levels very slightly more challenging.

I, too, felt like this game was easier than the 2nd one. I never have problems passing a level, and I always get gold on most of them the first try, but in the first 2 games there were some levels in the last couple of worlds that it took me a few tries to get gold on.

In this 3rd game I got the gold on every level on my first try, and I broke many more developer's records than I remember doing in the 2nd game.

That being said, I still love this entire series (minus the awful mini games). This is the first game I've purchased in months, and I didn't have to think twice about it.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Sep 11, 11 12:52 PM
Liked it

Thomcat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Has anyone beaten the developer's score on level 4-5? I am 175 points shy.....

[Post New]by Thomcat on Sep 11, 11 7:19 PM
ARRRGGGGHHHH!! I LOVE MKFTP series, but man oh man I always seem to find one level I can't beat the developer's score on.

I am stuck on level 4-5...starting out on the far right and building mostly towards the left. Need to collect two 'gems' and kill off four spectres. I am just seconds short of getting it done...any suggestions?

I have opened the upper right hand mine first, I have opened the sawmill first and then the upper right hand mine. I have opened the sawmill first and then the upper left hand mine (which I know produces two gold per rather than one). I have left the upper left hand mine unopened....NOTHING WORKS!

Gold is great, but I want to BEAT THAT DEVELOPER!!!!!!!

Thanks!!

Cin

[Post New]by decrepitude on Sep 12, 11 9:16 AM
I just want to add my rant to that of many others, in the hope the developers may take some note this time!

Like many another, I have arthritis and simply cannot cope with "Whack-a-mole" or any other game involving fast clicking or movement. If I could play this type of game (or indeed wanted to, it seems mindless to me) I would buy this type of game in the first place, not strategy/time management. WHY DO THEY DO IT????? I have played games where these were sort of linking games between one level and another, but to make them part of the main game, so that so many people will NEVER get all gold and complete their castle, is absolutely infuriating.

Otherwise it is a happy addition to the original two, and was purchased almost immediately on spotting without trialling. Maybe I should have - if I had reached these irritating levels in a trial I might not have bought the game.

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on Sep 15, 11 11:26 AM
I have bought all 3 Kingdom games. I like them all, but was kind of disappointed with this one. It has the same game graphics as Kingdom II, surrounded by a different story line. Not that I'm not fond of my little workers, but I'd like to see some new buildings or different road hazards to clear. I really dislike the smash the wolves part, as I have arthritis and I'm slow to begin with, so when the game asks me if I want to replay it, I click "no" and move on. Overall, Kingdom III is not bad for the price, and I'm not having the loading problems with III that I have with Kingdom II.

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Sep 24, 11 3:35 PM
Hmmmm, My other review disappeared. Well maybe it will show up somewhere else? Anyway I love these games...eventhough I get very frustrated and rant every now and then. I have all 3 of the series. I feel I really get my moneys worth with this developer. Thanks BF.

Jezhara
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Jezhara on Sep 29, 11 2:37 AM
Really happy with this game - its just as good as one and two both of which were excellent. Thank you too for making the bashing snakes, wolves, etc skippable, I'm not into twitch gaming. To me this is one of the best building/TM series. Thank you Big Fish and the developers for another great game

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 2:42:35 AM PST

Go to: