pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Reviews for Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pgillenw on Sep 3, 11 7:39 PM
This game obviously does not need another review however I wish to go on record stating that the game was more than amazing and I look forward to its sequel.

Creative, superb art work, great programming.

Thank you. . . . . . .

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Sep 3, 11 8:42 PM
Wow! What a phenomenal game! The design, artwork, animation(s), voice-overs, puzzles, story, & length... Never since Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove have I played a game for so long. This took me well over 7 hours to play the main game, plus another hour in the Bonus Game. The hidden object scenes are extremely well-drawn, with objects very easy to find. There are dozens of locations to go to and they all give the same eerie, creepy, and somewhat claustrophobic feeling that the game strives for. The Evidence wall was fun & different. Puzzles were medium in difficulty and not one spot-the-difference or rotating pipes puzzle were found.

This was definitely worth the CE price without a single hestation. If you have the money to spend, this is by far worth the purchase. Spoiler (highlight to reveal) And there is the potential for a sequel. So, we [hopefully] could expect the same great design in the conclusion.

Well-done Devs!!

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Sep 3, 11 9:12 PM
I usually finish a demo before buying, but knew after only about 10mins or less that I had to have this.... I go by graphics, the kind of game i like, which is this kind! : - ) and I now make sure I read some reviews to see whats going on. good or bad.... Near end of game but have been at this for hours so its bedtime till tomorrow and then off to the end and then the bonus... I do all my games in Advanced mode.... makes the games so much more of a challenge.... Did find it hard to find a few items in the HOG.... Had to use hint few times... WHich i hate to do.. Used stategy guide just to see how far along in the game i was and the hint button works well if needed.... Not done but Sooooo glad I bought the CE of this one.... Sacra Terra CE was Awsommmmmmmmmme too.

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 9:13:35 PM PST

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Review for Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Sep 3, 11 9:52 PM
cbtx wrote:Never have I felt the need to say much about individual games, but this one looks outstanding! Great graphics, voiceovers, story, interesting characters, helpful SG, apparently a nice bonus game (based on SG), excellent music, and lots of spooky stuff going on. And WS! (that works) Appears to have it all. A must have top of the list.

In my experience the wide only works with a skewed (fat) aspect ratio. It looks like the characters ate too many donuts. Just sayin'.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Sep 3, 11 10:35 PM
Due to the late hour, I have to make this very short. But I have to say, I love the game so far. And actually, I am very close to the end, but the hour says I must retire!!. Of course, my main complaint, is too many HOG scenes. Boy, they get on my nerves!! But the game is very interesting and tomorrow I will finish it. Can't wait!!

SweetCaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by SweetCaz on Sep 4, 11 3:53 AM
Not really one for posting reviews, but I really enjoyed this game. The game play was long, and with several places to exlore (thank you for the map!)

The puzzles werent overly challenging, but still needed to give them some thought and the graphics were clear (ish) in the Hidden Object scenes.

Thank you!!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Sep 4, 11 8:44 AM
Hmmmmm....Guess I am in the minority too .....it is a very well made game but the thing that spoiled it for me is that Evidence Board and how we were forced to go back to it all the time....extremely annoying for me...I wish I had waited for the SE.....to all that loved it, happy gaming!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 4, 11 12:21 PM
mst3kr wrote:Wow! What a phenomenal game! The design, artwork, animation(s), voice-overs, puzzles, story, & length... Never since Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove have I played a game for so long. This took me well over 7 hours to play the main game, plus another hour in the Bonus Game. The hidden object scenes are extremely well-drawn, with objects very easy to find. There are dozens of locations to go to and they all give the same eerie, creepy, and somewhat claustrophobic feeling that the game strives for. The Evidence wall was fun & different. Puzzles were medium in difficulty and not one spot-the-difference or rotating pipes puzzle were found.

This was definitely worth the CE price without a single hestation. If you have the money to spend, this is by far worth the purchase.

Well-done Devs!!

Thank you for this review, mst3kr. You have changed my mind about waiting for the SE to come out. I will, after all, buy the CE version.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Sep 4, 11 1:35 PM
Not just a good game, but a GREAT game. The best one Ive played for a long time. Cant wait for the sequel. I thought the Crime Board was an asset and a marvelous idea. More of these please.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Sep 4, 11 7:57 PM
Well, I finished the game and I really loved it!! One of the best I have played in a while. (except for the darn hidden object scenes, which are many) But the story was original and quite spooky and I actually jumped a few times! By the way, I noticed after my last post, I said because of the time, I had to quit playing and go to bed. The time on my post said like 10:35P.M. or something. Where I am it was 1:35A.M. Just thought I would clear that up, although I'm sure nobody noticed or cared!! Just didn't want people to think I went to bed that early!!
Anyway, loved the game. The bonus chapter was kinda short and a little unsatisfying at the end. But its still a thumbs up for me.

Anne3624
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Anne3624 on Sep 4, 11 9:51 PM
OMG!......what a great game! never did I ask for help....I could figure it out!!! what a great story!......and even at the last I was flabbergasted!!!!......okay, let me calm down.....it was easy to follow....it was not complicated. I followed the story and it helped me so much. For those of you that think you are so smart? skipping the story is the wrong thing to do....um.....AWESOME!......and I do not want haters to reply, I have experienced so many games...that you can't affect me now.....this one is good!....and at the end? it might have a sequel....might!

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Sep 5, 11 3:17 AM
Brilliant !!! I had all but given up , and then due to a hospital visit, went looking for a good game.Well i found it in this one.I think its all been said in the wonderful reviews, but just wanted to say thank you to the developers,

Initial Reaction: Almost Absolutely Brilliant!

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 5, 11 10:47 AM
[Note: I originally posted this a day ago and have now finished the game and have posted my full review below. I still think the game was very good, but there were a few things I didn't like. That's why I just added the word "Almost" to the title of this message.]

I just played the first chapter of this game and wanted to give my initial reaction. I will post a full review when I complete the game.

So far this game is absolutely brilliant! I loved every second of it. This is how all the games should be. It has voices, which I love, and so far, I have liked basically everything about this game. Although I am not a big of HOS, the other qualities of this game more than make up for it. The good news is there is NO RANDOM-CLICK PENALTY and the Hint meter recharges in about 30 seconds. From what I have read here, it appears the whole game will be of this high quality.

I'll save the details for my full review, but I just had to mention how much I really like this game so far. I could tell I would like it from the opening cutscene. This game is very well done.

Edited on 09/06/2011 at 8:24:01 PM PST

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Sep 5, 11 12:26 PM
This game was well worth the money, I think there will be a sequel? Anyone else think so also? Good Game

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 5, 11 8:17 PM
Just now got to the demo. Very nice game. Excellent graphics, not too much talk, nice music. Really ran through a bit of shoe leather though. Still had 19 minutes left when the demo ran out. Looks like a fairly long game, which I really like. HOG's not difficult, items fairly easy to see, games fairly easy. Spent way over my budget last month, so will have to hold off on this one for awhile, but I really liked it and will purchase later.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 5, 11 8:21 PM
Quit playing after 50 minutes. I just didn't care. The music is good, the graphics and sounds are atmospheric, but the HOG scenes were just too junky, and when I got stuck on a puzzle (the one that opens the case or whatever it is, where there are three sticky note-looking things with drawings on them), there were no directions regarding what to do. I went to the strategy guide and it was absolutely no help! I only got through the puzzle by clicking everywhere until it did whatever it was supposed to do. I probably spent at least 15 minutes on that puzzle because there was nothing to help at all. If that is the quality of the strategy guide, I certainly would never consider a CE version of this. But I doubt I will ever even get the SE, because if I quit before the trial runs out because I just lose interest, I don't expect to ever want this game. (by comparison, I tried the trial of Sacra Terra CE, finished demo in 52 minutes, then when SE came out, tried demo again and finished in 34 minutes. Played under another name to restart demo, finished in 22 minutes. Bought the game right away. If I feel pushed to get as much as possible done before the trial period runs out, it's a sign I really like the game. But I didn't even want to finish the trial version here.

And I am also not big on "lost my memory" plotlines.

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Sep 5, 11 8:46 PM
Boy what a GREAT game. I echo all of the positive reviews, there's hardly anything I could add, but felt the need to thank the devs and BF for this one.

Way worth to CE price, even without the bonus game. Brilliant!!! The devs didn't do any short cuts with this game.....gave us full value. Cannot wait for the next part.

I'm one happy fishy

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Sep 5, 11 9:23 PM
This is by far one of the best games I've played. It has it all; story line, graphics, music and an adventure that will keep you guessing and playing for hours. Bought the game on Thursday and finished Monday evening. I play for two to three hours daily and this one seemed to go on forever! Sorry to see it end and look forward to a sequel. Buy it, you won't be disappointed!

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 6, 11 2:31 AM
@crowtrobot:
and when I got stuck on a puzzle (the one that opens the case or whatever it is, where there are three sticky note-looking things with drawings on them), there were no directions regarding what to do.

Yes, that was a tricky puzzle, but there were directions. Did you click on the Instructions button at the bottom of the puzzle? Plus, you're also right that the Strategy Guide didn't tell you how to solve the puzzle, but it did show you the various solutions in screenshots. You could have just clicked on the squares that the screenshots showed.

Spoiler Alert:

Basically you had to click on the squares to form the pictures that were on the 3 Post-It notes. You had to do one puzzle for each picture. The numbers indicated how many squares in each row and column that you had to click on.

As I said, that was a bit tricky, but so far, the other puzzles haven't been like that. It really is a good game.

Edited on 09/06/2011 at 8:16:00 PM PST

_coral_
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by _coral_ on Sep 6, 11 6:11 AM
I also loved this game but was very disappointed in the bonus chapter. It was way too short! Great game though with some of the best voices I've ever heard on a game! Thanks!

Go to: