TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Re:TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

[Post New]by Patty60 on Jan 7, 09 12:16 AM
Sorry, that wasn't very clear. Gears will go in a small alcove to right of door on the side of the church. This allows the elevator to up to the clock tower.

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Jan 7, 09 12:29 AM
I have VISTA and it works, happy gaming.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jan 7, 09 2:16 AM
MiddleAged wrote:Oh! I started "gaming" with Zelda on Nintendo - the boring story of helping my 4 year old son that could not read. I love Adventure (Role Playing Games)! I think I have to do this one.

This is nothing like Zelda. RPG and Adventure games are completely different. I hate RPGs, I love Point and Click Advs (P&C Adv).

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 7, 09 4:41 AM
shadowdiana wrote:I played this years ago....and could never finish it.
The game size is HUGE!!!!!!!!!
Better to get on a disc????

Rose427 wrote:It was a long game, but it was a game I didn't want to end, I loved the world of Syberia, and walkthroughs are an awesome way to get through tough spots Diana

This really surprises me hearing this from 2 people, that the game was long I mean. I loved it, but both myself and my hubby recalled it being on the short side. Now I'm wondering if PC version was different than Xbox version? There was lots to do, and lots of ranning back and forth trying to figure out *what* to do but I remember being kind of surprised when it came to an end. The story is definitly unfinished, not exactly cliffhanger style, but clearly with a sequel in mind. I hope it will wrap up in Syberia II.

For the person asking should they play Syberia before Syberia II - absolutely! I have yet to play II but clearly it is all one story that starts in the original.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jan 7, 09 5:48 AM
Well, it's long compared to HOGs! I remember getting stuck when you get to the first stop when the train is fixed, wandered around the aviary for days!

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 7, 09 12:45 PM
I downloaded Syberia last night and played several hours, and so far everything is running smoothly. I have Vista and it's not causing any problems with the game, although I did make sure my video and sound drivers were completely updated before I attempted to download or play it. Just a precaution.

I am enjoying the game so far and don't find it "dark and gloomy" as others have mentioned; on the contrary, I think the scenery is rather beautiful and the cut scenes are nice.

Right now I am stuck on how to draw the mammoth for Momo. He already gave me the paper and pencil, but presumably I have to find the cave to do it and I don't know where to find the cave. Help, anyone?

Will there be a Syberia Forum???

[Post New]by ames4444 on Jan 7, 09 1:09 PM
I can't save a game. Have tried everything, including following the directions. I can't go through that entire half-hour beginning again. I am running Vista on Windows. So far, it's nice, except without being able to save, it's not so nice.

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Jan 7, 09 1:09 PM
Is anyone else having problems with playing Syberia? I get to a certain point at the station/university and an error message pops up and says it is having to close down. Any ideas on what I should do?? Otherwise, this is an AMAZING game and I can recommend it, if only I can carry on playing it and not getting knocked off!!!

[Post New]by linhall1400 on Jan 7, 09 2:20 PM
Hello there. I just got Sybreia yesterday & am having difficulties. Can you tell me how to get the cogs out of inventory & put them on the table? I'm just supposing that's where they go. They won't drag or allow me to pick them up.
It looks like a good game, once you get going with it.
Thanks for responding, Linda

Will there be a Syberia Forum???

[Post New]by linhall1400 on Jan 7, 09 2:22 PM
ames4444 wrote:I can't save a game. Have tried everything, including following the directions. I can't go through that entire half-hour beginning again. I am running Vista on Windows. So far, it's nice, except without being able to save, it's not so nice.

I'm having the same problem. After closing the game for the first time I couldn't re-open it. The load game msg was there & the wheels were shown turning but it never loaded. I had to start over.
Thanks, Linda

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 7, 09 2:26 PM
You "guys" made me do it. I'm downloading it as we speak. I was so close yesterday but waited until today. Based on what you've said, I'm certain it won't disappoint. Thanks everyone.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jan 7, 09 2:28 PM
I'm sure you'll absolutely love it, AlmostSilver!

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 7, 09 4:02 PM
Poodlebear wrote:
shadowdiana wrote:I played this years ago....and could never finish it.
The game size is HUGE!!!!!!!!!
Better to get on a disc????

Rose427 wrote:It was a long game, but it was a game I didn't want to end, I loved the world of Syberia, and walkthroughs are an awesome way to get through tough spots Diana

This really surprises me hearing this from 2 people, that the game was long I mean. I loved it, but both myself and my hubby recalled it being on the short side. Now I'm wondering if PC version was different than Xbox version? There was lots to do, and lots of ranning back and forth trying to figure out *what* to do but I remember being kind of surprised when it came to an end. The story is definitly unfinished, not exactly cliffhanger style, but clearly with a sequel in mind. I hope it will wrap up in Syberia II.

For the person asking should they play Syberia before Syberia II - absolutely! I have yet to play II but clearly it is all one story that starts in the original.

I so not know how long it is...I guess that depends on the ability of the player LOL (I never finished)
By huge I meant that the game download is over a Gig in size.
That's huge to me

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Jan 7, 09 5:58 PM
linhall1400 wrote:Hello there. I just got Sybreia yesterday & am having difficulties. Can you tell me how to get the cogs out of inventory & put them on the table? I'm just supposing that's where they go. They won't drag or allow me to pick them up.
It looks like a good game, once you get going with it.
Thanks for responding, Linda

The cogs are for later use, you just need to note for reference later how they are on the table. You use them later on at the church.

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Jan 7, 09 6:34 PM
Well after to reading all the reviews here I am going to buy Syberia. It sounds fun to play. I bought one of the large file games Time Stand Still and thought it was so stupid.

Happy Gaming everyone!

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 7, 09 7:44 PM
linhall1400 wrote:Hello there. I just got Sybreia yesterday & am having difficulties. Can you tell me how to get the cogs out of inventory & put them on the table? I'm just supposing that's where they go. They won't drag or allow me to pick them up.

To get them out of your inventory, simply click once on the cog that you want. They don't go on the table, they go on the door panel to the church. Once you click on the item you want, the inventory window should close itself and you will see a little image of the item in the lower left of your screen. However you will only be able to place the item in the exact spot where it belongs - if it doesn't belong there, you will see a little X over your mouse cursor to indicate that's not where it goes.

So, basically, if you take an item out of your inventory and try to use it anywhere except the exact place where it belongs, nothing will happen (and you should see the X over your mouse cursor). You can right-click to put the item back if you are not able to use it.

[Post New]by Maureen14 on Jan 7, 09 8:20 PM
If my laptop has machine speed of 166 ghz, then does this mean the game will not play on my computer?

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 7, 09 9:01 PM
Doesn't it require 600?

Gotta remember, though...this is an old game, made for older (2002) computers.
Don't know what that means, just throwing it out there...

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 7, 09 9:52 PM
Maureen14 wrote:If my laptop has machine speed of 166 ghz, then does this mean the game will not play on my computer?

Systems reqs per info page:

CPU: 600 Mhz
RAM: 128 MB
DirectX: 7.0
Hard Drive: 1184 MB

Note that's MEGAhz, your's is GIGAhz (Giga is 1000 Mega) and well over what is required.

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Jan 7, 09 11:21 PM
I bought the download version of Syberia at Microids own page a year ago. I have only tryed it out on windows XP. I got Vista now and I have downloaded it on Vista but not tryed playing it yet. It is a really good adventure game that I recomment for all fans of adventure games to try. I also got Syberia II but not for pc only Ps2. But thats a good game too worth trying.

Go to: