Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Sep 14, 11 12:35 AM
No rugrats 229, every single time I get to a mini game it freezes and I made it to the end started the bonus round and it froze up by the door mini game near the elevator, so had to reboot and guess what happened, it lost everything, will not let me play the bonus game and it has started me right back at the beginning, so I will have to play it all over again to play the bonus round and after all the trouble I have went through with this game, I just don't know if I even want to do it. Guess I will uninstall the game and redownload and if it starts freezing up at the mini games again then I'm done. 2nd CE game this week that I had problems with. I love these games so much but thinking for the money I have been spending ( I have near 200 games in my account) I should not be having to deal with such drastic problems and my Video and sound cards are all up to date too so don't know what the problems is.

fatbuttmut
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by fatbuttmut on Sep 14, 11 7:05 AM
I see some sort of attention is now given to the miner's ring problem but what about the freezing of the graphics?
Over and over I've tried to play it but it only gets worse. I've deleted and downloaded it several times and no difference.
No way I'll be buying this one until that problem is fixed, and it's a pity because it seems like it could be a nice game.

cherzy13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by cherzy13 on Sep 14, 11 9:47 AM
I'M HAVING AN ISSUE AT THE END OF THE GAME, AND I PLAYED THROUGH TWICE JUST TO MAKE SURE. AFTER I GIVE THE RINGS AND PUT THE MATCHES ON THE ENTITY THEY RECOGNIZE THAT THE GAME IS "OVER" AND PUT ON THE CREDITS. ACCORDING TO THE STRATEGY GUIDE, THERE ARE SEVERAL MORE PAGES TO GO!! HOW DO I SOLVE THIS???? THIS WAS DEFINETELY NOT WORTHY OF A COLLECTORS EDITION. IT TOOK LESS TIME TO SOLVE THAN A NORMAL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 14, 11 10:14 AM
I played the Demo and I am not happy with all the lag in this game, Please Dev's and BF get all the bugs out before you ask for CE prices, I will pass on games that has gliches, This game is really awesome,but the turn off is bugs= Glitches

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 14, 11 10:38 AM
Sforet71 wrote:No rugrats 229, every single time I get to a mini game it freezes and I made it to the end started the bonus round and it froze up by the door mini game near the elevator, so had to reboot and guess what happened, it lost everything, will not let me play the bonus game and it has started me right back at the beginning, so I will have to play it all over again to play the bonus round and after all the trouble I have went through with this game, I just don't know if I even want to do it. Guess I will uninstall the game and redownload and if it starts freezing up at the mini games again then I'm done. 2nd CE game this week that I had problems with. I love these games so much but thinking for the money I have been spending ( I have near 200 games in my account) I should not be having to deal with such drastic problems and my Video and sound cards are all up to date too so don't know what the problems is.
This game is not worth being a CE the bonus play was maybe 20 mins it did add a little to the story line but if you don't play the bonus you wont be missing out on anything really yes it was an Ok game but IMO shouldnt not have been a CE Not worth the extra money at all so if you can't play the bonus I would ask for a refund

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Sep 14, 11 1:17 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled. It would do a little freeze for a sec but then work for the most part of the game, now I am back in the mine, almost to the end and guess what. FROZE. I swear if I reboot and it makes me start all over again and not get to the end and the bonus round I will request a credit or something for another game. Who do we contact about that, does anyone know?

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Sep 14, 11 1:40 PM
That's it, I have had enough, soon as I rebooted it froze up again at the next mini game. I really want a credit big fish. I froze up and had to reboot well over 20 times and even lost everything saved and had to restart the game, and have not gotten to even finish this game. Please check my account. I have so many games and have never ever asked for a refund or credit just to get a free game but I cannot accept that I purchased this game and didn't even get to enjoy it.

bobbyjus2
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by bobbyjus2 on Sep 14, 11 4:43 PM
I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it. The play button will not light up. The bonus button works and sometimes the options works, but play never works. I thought it was my mouse, but it works on other games.

c0ffeecup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by c0ffeecup on Sep 14, 11 4:43 PM
I had trouble at the beginning because I got an error on the start of the game. I emailed BG about the issue but got no reply. I deleted the game and downloaded it again and it started fine. Had a good time and loved the game until the end. I had all 5 miners rings, I put the rings on the 2 skeletons by the stand on the left but screen became jerky and locked up a few times. I finally got those 2 rings on but I couldn't get the game to unfreeze so I did the old Control, Alt, Delete think, deleted the game and downloaded it again. I came back to the mine and had only 1 ring left and I put it on the skeleton at the upper right by the wall but I don't have the other 2 rings. I went back to see if they were where I got them but no luck. Now I cant finish the game. This is the second game that has done this to me. The first is Unsolved Mystery: Ancient Astronaut. It would not let me get the last key for the door in that Ice castle(?) room and I've never finished the game and I deleted and downloaded it several times. Now what do I do

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Sep 14, 11 7:45 PM
Bought the game even though I was having the same problems as a lot of people. I have find the "sweet spot" when clicking. That wasn't so bad, but now the game freezes up when I try to get the hex key from the fountain. I get it from the fountain with the net and then it freezes on the congrats box. Started a second game with a different user name. It's a bummer to do that but it usually works. SAME THING! If there is not a fix for this definitely asking for my money back.

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Sep 15, 11 6:36 AM
lovely62 wrote:I played the Demo and I am not happy with all the lag in this game, Please Dev's and BF get all the bugs out before you ask for CE prices, I will pass on games that has gliches, This game is really awesome,but the turn off is bugs= Glitches

I could not even play the demo due to error message.....Agree with above, never saw so many c/o bugs and glitches before with any BFG game....Should never have been released in this condition....

ruralbabe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ruralbabe on Sep 16, 11 3:34 AM
I'm having a co9mpletely different problem I cant get the candle in the HOS in the museum because it wont let me pick up the "letter Z" from the HOS, is anyone else having this problem. I reinstalled the game but that hasnt helped

How to Fix Game is too big for screen problem

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 16, 11 8:45 AM
Concerning the game not fitting on the screen, LizzieK already gave the answer on the first page of this thread. I had the same problem that the very bottom of the screen is cut off. You have to change your screen resolution manually. It's inelegant, because the game should do it automatically, but it works. Also, Moderator Flounder put a link here telling you how to change your screen resolution.

Depending on your OS, you just right-click on the Desktop and with Win 7, you select Screen Resolution. I think in older versions of Windows, you select Graphics.

I normally use 1024x768. Anyway, the botton line is you just have to make it the next highest resolution, which is 1152x864 on my computer, and the game fits on the screen perfectly. Depending on your video card, your resolution selections might be different, but the thing to remember is that it has to be higher than 1024x768 and it should fit. After the game, you have to set it back to the resolution you normally prefer.

Thanks to LIzzieK.

I hope this helps.

Edited on 09/16/2011 at 8:59:08 AM PST

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Sep 16, 11 11:56 AM
Another loser, why am I not surprised. Having the same problem as everyone else. Game is too big for screen. Cannot click on where the item is. Just about fed up with BFG.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 16, 11 8:26 PM
Well, I guess people just want to put their technical issues here; but they don't want to read the solutions to the technical problems. Oh, well.

Edited on 09/16/2011 at 8:27:28 PM PST

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re: Downloaded demo and game won't work at all! Ticked!

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Sep 17, 11 6:00 AM
I downloaded the demo and was able to enter my name. I could NOT then select my name or play at all. Is there a fix for this yet?

Kirsten

[Post New]by redls57 on Sep 17, 11 6:20 AM
Another 'vote' for poor screen size and pointer being up and above the item/instruction aimed for ... can't even find the exit, had to close game using end program ... Brand new widescreen monitor obviously too advanced for this game! I feel cheated, half time spent on Demo completely wasted. If the problem is resolved will we get extra time to make up for the time wasted?

jscan
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by jscan on Sep 17, 11 6:25 AM
rugrats299 wrote:SPOILER ALERT!!! At the end of the game when you are in the mine before you do anything click on the picture that will give you the last ring needed as long as you didn't forget to use the elephant key in the police station to open the trunk and get the 4th ring if you click anything but the picture in the mine at the last scene and you don't get the 5th ring that way you will have to start over Again don't click on anything else but the picture in the upper left side as long as you do that before you talk to the guy you will be able to have all 5 rings the first time I didnt click on picture and talked to the guy and couldn't click on the picture after he was done talking started over clicked on picture first got the key but them realized I still had the elephant key and only 4 rings I was able to go back to police station open trunk and get that ring start from the upper top left to put rings on!!!!! I hope this helps And another thing for me when game was over I couldn't find bonus but it is in main screen in the upper left it says PLAY Hope this helps you all out

Thank you so much! I'd reached the end, and only had 4 rings. And had already looked at the picture, so thought I had to start the game all over! Realized I still had my elephant key, as you'd said, went back to police station, and was able to finish this game! Thanks again!

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 6:27:27 AM PST

[Post New]by MoMaverick on Sep 17, 11 9:27 PM
rugrats299 wrote:
cmgillispie wrote:The game loaded just fine, then I got the following error message:
0x4FF46892 (tried to read from 0x09F0400), program terminated.
I got the exact same error message I did some updrages aon my drivers and screen resolution changes i was able to get the game to play after that I am running an 2 005 computer XP I don't think my video cards can keep up with these games Now I am about half way through the game and it froze when I had to pick up something so I dont know what to do

I had to shut down my "theme" and screen saver.
Then all was good - stiill slow but it is a good game, just requires patience.

How to fix game doesn't fit on screen problem

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 18, 11 3:48 AM
If the game doesn't fit on your screen, just set your screen resolution higher than 1024x768 and then it will fit.

Instructions on how to change your screen resolution are given twice earlier in this thread.

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 3:56:26 AM PST

Go to: