Bara1948
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Post any Urban Legends: The Maze technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bara1948 on Sep 17, 11 11:45 AM
Another game I won't be buying because I can't TRY it. Everything's fine up to creating a player profile. Then the game ends itself. ::shakes head:: This is happening more and more here of late. This has been happening to me a LOT these past 2-1/2 months.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell XPS.

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 11:46:12 AM PST

[Post New]by Kittyluvr22 on Sep 17, 11 11:48 AM
I just downloaded this game to try, but the window came up saying trial expired. HUH????????? I really wanted to try it because it looks good. Don't want to buy it until I know for sure it will run right on my computer.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 17, 11 11:57 AM
I don't think the culprit is our computers, folks. Nor the game. It has something to do I think with BFG. Too many different kinds of computers for this to be a certain type of computer and other games are having the same problem. I just wish someone from BFG would read this thread and look into whether it is a BFG problem so we could play our games again. We paid for them and can't play them. Does BFG have a phone number we could call?

Micral
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Micral on Sep 17, 11 11:59 AM
Disaster has struck with taking the pickaxe handle from the skeleton! Have played for hours today, but the Hidden Object scene with the skeleton and chest won't finish. I've collected all the objects but I'm still stuck in the screen. The hint says take the pickaxe handle from the skeleton's hand, but if I leave the scene the sparkles are still there and if I approach the skeleton again I'm back in the Hidden Object scene with nothing more to collect. I've quit the game and gone back in, but the sparkles are still there - big boooo hoooo I know I'm going to have to junk the past ???? hours and start again one day - I can't face it at the moment, but has anyone out there also had the same issue? I couldn't bear starting again and having the same problem...................

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 17, 11 12:00 PM
This game has major issues! Every time I went to quit, it restarted me. So can't save the game. Got 25 mins into it, and I couldn't get out of the area I was in!
So, had to quit. Restarted, back at the beginning again...Groundhog Day!
And I just hate games that don't allow you to put your full name in as there's not enough spaces! My name has 8 letters...only room for seven.
After taking TWELVE HOURS to get it to D/L, it's a real disappointment on the tech issue front.
Shame as it looked to be a good game.

Jenoli
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Jenoli on Sep 17, 11 12:01 PM
since I downloaded this game none of my other games work. I have restarted my PC and also deleted the maze game and still all my games cut out after about a minute of play - I have tried several to test it out. I am fed up because I have bought these games to play! I think that the problem is with BFG. Please sort this someone!

johanna9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by johanna9 on Sep 17, 11 12:15 PM
yes jenoli
some of us have noticed this too, just awful cant play any games right. very very weird. Everyone should check playing their other games too

[Post New]by Godmoth2 on Sep 17, 11 12:39 PM
I hit play, I get 1/3 of the way through the first hidden object scene and the screen resets and I get the thanks for playing screen. Running it on a 3 month old computer that is set up for game playing. Never had this before. What's up with this?

innej
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by innej on Sep 17, 11 12:53 PM
I, like many others, can get into the game to play but it just cuts out and goes back to the GM, as though I had exited even thought I didn't.

No error at all, it just acts like I exited the game myself (except it has saved no progress when you go back in).

All of my games (purchased or demo) in my GM are doing the same thing. They were not yesterday.

I know it isn't life or death but I'd sure like to be able to try TGT and play what I already have.

[Post New]by dolfinlady59 on Sep 17, 11 1:03 PM
innej wrote:I, like many others, can get into the game to play but it just cuts out and goes back to the GM, as though I had exited even thought I didn't.

No error at all, it just acts like I exited the game myself (except it has saved no progress when you go back in).

All of my games (purchased or demo) in my GM are doing the same thing. They were not yesterday.

I know it isn't life or death but I'd sure like to be able to try TGT and play what I already have.

Same for myself. Was able to play for 2.5 hours. After I closed out game and restarted my game play can't last for more than 30-40 secs. Awesome game, but high price to pay when I can no longer play any of the games I've purchased. Hope it gets fixed quickly.
If you haven't purchased yet , would definitely wait - unless you're feeling lucky !

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 17, 11 1:03 PM
innej wrote:I, like many others, can get into the game to play but it just cuts out and goes back to the GM, as though I had exited even thought I didn't.

You are not alone. Very frustrating!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Technical Issue for Urban Legends: The Maze

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 11 1:04 PM
Gamesetter_ wrote:
Valdy wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
Valdy wrote:

I also use Win7 (64-bit), and had no problems with the demo.
Me too, and no problems. I bought the game and can play.

Hey Dobbiemijnboekje... (gosh, what a name)

Do you also have 64-bit? Because 64-bit handles large amounts of RAM more effectively than 32-bit, so peeps with 32-bit computer could have problems with some games.

Ok, then please explain, why Beta and Demo runs fine?
Why some people with 64-bit do have the same problem?
Why there is ever and ever again aceess violation problems?
Why do people nowhere else have this problems, just downloading at BFG?

It is the game manager I suppose or what ever, but the problem is most likely at BFG not the peoples pc (at least as long all drivers are up to date and I suppose most of the regular users finally know about updating drivers.)

Hi Gamesetter...

I wasn`t talking about anybody with any specific problems, but just mentioned the 64-bit in general, that having just the 32-bit could be part of a problem in some games.

However, I have to admit that if I have a problem with a game, it`s only ever here on BigFish. On no other site have I had problems with games I downloaded and bought.

I don`t know why this should be the case - it`s the same game no matter which site you get it from - but yes I only ever get a problem with games on BigFish, although I rarely do have problems with games, even on BigFish.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 11 1:10 PM
johanna9 wrote:Why isn't anyone else freaking out on here about not being able to play any of their games now? Is it just the two of us????

carolina67 wrote:I think it's just games that are downloaded today. I have a game that was already downloaded on my computer and it's fine. I downloaded another game today that I bought and played in July (with no problems back then) and it did the same thing as this new game. After a couple of minutes it stopped and sent me back to the game manager.

I have downloaded "Urban Legends" (and bought it, and played it) and downloaded another game today as well. Both played perfectly fine, and so do other games I already have on my GM. I have none of those problems with any of my games or the game manager. Just thought I`d mention it.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 17, 11 1:12 PM
Valdy wrote:
johanna9 wrote:Why isn't anyone else freaking out on here about not being able to play any of their games now? Is it just the two of us????

carolina67 wrote:I think it's just games that are downloaded today. I have a game that was already downloaded on my computer and it's fine. I downloaded another game today that I bought and played in July (with no problems back then) and it did the same thing as this new game. After a couple of minutes it stopped and sent me back to the game manager.

I have downloaded "Urban Legends" (and bought it, and played it) and downloaded another game today as well. Both played perfectly fine, and so do other games I already have on my GM. I have none of those problems with any of my games or the game manager. Just thought I`d mention it.

Hmmmm, wonder what makes you different? What type of computer are you on?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 17, 11 1:20 PM
Please Big Fish we are all begging you to please respond to us ASAP. Sounds like someone should do a recompile or this is a game manager problem?? I am running Win 7 home 64. FYI. This is very frustrating and I know I am speaking for all of us. I feel like taking back all of the good things I have always said about Big Fish.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 11 1:20 PM
carolina67 wrote:Hmmmm, wonder what makes you different? What type of computer are you on?

I own a Sony Vaio laptop with Win7, 64-bit.

ETA: And I have an ATI Radeon Graphics Card. The laptop is just under a year old.

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 1:22:36 PM PST

Re:Technical Issue for Urban Legends: The Maze

[Post New]by Monarch3455 on Sep 17, 11 1:20 PM
beeboppa wrote:I had no problems playing through Demo...but when it quit I bought and it downloaded fine..Now the Full version wont play at all, when I press 'Play" I get a slight flicker then nothing ...stays in GM !!! Any ideas ??

I have the EXACT same pproblem. I uninstalled, reinstalled and that didn't work. Went through ALL of tech suggestion, still not working. The demo was great, wish I could play the rest of the game.

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Sep 17, 11 1:20 PM
I played the beta and liked the game. Bought it this AM, super long DL, and then the GM died at the end of download and I had to restart puter to get the GM to start up again, it then installed and activated.

I then started the game, and it had my name from the Beta on it. I was surprised. When I clicked PLAY, I got a black screen and an Error message, had to Esc to get out of it.

Bummer. Always on the weekend when there is no CS.

ravensgone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ravensgone on Sep 17, 11 1:24 PM
Speaking of problems, I had to dl firefox just to post a tech issue, so annoying. Anyway, I have the same problem a lot of ppl are having, the game closes after about a minute over and over. I've checked for updates, and everything including drivers are fine. I dl'd one of my old games and didn't have a problem, but when I dl'd the Twisted Lands demo it closed after about a minute, maybe less. This is perfect to have happened on a sale day, especially after I was broke during the past few sales, now that I have money I can't take advantage of anything. Guess there's always the option to just buy for the credits and wait with no new games to play until BFG gets some kind of fix going. Dunno if I'm desperate enough to get the one extra punch though, lol. Hope this is corrected soon, I really wanna try urban legends, and take advantage of this nice sale. Running on vista home premium 32 bit by the way.

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 1:55:10 PM PST

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Sep 17, 11 1:34 PM
I downloaded this with no problem but everytime I try to run it it plays for a few seconds then kicks me out and my Game Manager offers to let me buy the game. I'm not likely to buy with these problems.

Go to: