jess1890
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Bride technical issues here only

[Post New]by jess1890 on Dec 9, 12 2:25 PM
Patty013 wrote:I am also stuck on the engine. Lever is in place and I used the oil but nothing moves and the game doesn't even seem to acknowledge that I placed the lever and used the oil! I just bought this game and the complaints I'm reading are from as far back as December of last year....why isn't this being addressed! I'm a good customer and now feel I've been ripped off! I'd like an answer!

December 2012, and same issue. I already had to start the game over due to the freezing issue. I do not want to start all over again. Is there a fix or not? If not, I want refund. or another game for free to make up for it.

[Post New]by andrewsi on Jan 3, 13 3:58 PM
I've just encountered the problem with the game freezing on the puzzle where you need to move coloured squares around. I uninstalled the game and re-installed it, and the issue is still there.

It's been a year since this was first reported, and the problem is still not fixed. Is there anything else I can do, or should I just give up?

momdnarg
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by momdnarg on Jan 5, 13 3:44 PM
i too have the mechanism problem installed oil and lever only to have it keep saying i need it. wont let me play on. not a bit happy about having to start over after reading all the problems others are having with this game..getting really upset with bf quality

momdnarg
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by momdnarg on Jan 5, 13 3:45 PM
jess i agree with you 12/12 still same mecchanism problem

[Post New]by JupiterMom on Jan 6, 13 4:40 PM
I am having problems with the star puzzle freezing too and I just downloaded it- is there a patch or fix? otherwise I would like my $$ back

Thank you

Freya06
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Freya06 on Jan 13, 13 3:01 PM
addedtouchfloral wrote:I can not pull the lever in the hankerchief chapter. The lever is installed and the rusthas been removed and no matter where i click nothing happens. Also the games flickers all the time

dontshop
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dontshop on Apr 12, 13 6:50 AM
I can't even get the game to open.

NiceOrc
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by NiceOrc on Apr 12, 13 10:46 PM
I have just downloaded the trial version of this game, and the game froze at the sliding coloured boxes game. When looking at this forum, I see the same problem has been happening since September 2011, and nothing's been done. Do the game developers even care, or are they just after the money?

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 27, 13 3:19 AM
addedtouchfloral wrote:I can not pull the lever in the handkerchief chapter. The lever is installed and the rust has been removed and no matter where i click nothing happens.

Why is this still a problem???? It was first reported in September of 2011!! I expect better of Big Fish and Elephant!

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 3:35:58 AM PST

[Post New]by TotalBlammBlamm on Apr 28, 13 8:04 AM
Just purchased Big Fish Unlimited and chose Grim Tales: The Bride as my first game. Really laggy game play, which I guess is ok... but now I'm stuck at the lever/oil problem, which BF and Elephant games evidently have known about for years? Just poor.

hctim1955
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by hctim1955 on May 1, 13 8:49 PM
will there ever be a fix for oil/lever???????????????????????????????

[Post New]by halloweennut on May 4, 13 11:34 AM
I just bought this game and it is freezing up at the cube part, like others have had. I thought this would have been resolved, since it has happened since this game came out. What are my options to resolve this problem?

[Post New]by IzzysMomma_13 on May 9, 13 7:23 PM
i am also having the problem with the mechanism. wtf???? I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!

[Post New]by HarleQueen on Jul 6, 13 7:14 PM
Add me to the large (and seemingly continually growing) number of people who regrets their purchase of this game. I didn't even purchase this game until after the updated version was posted and I am still having the issues with freezing on the sun/graveyard slider puzzle that everyone else has. Based on the other posts I've seen I'm not even going to bother skipping the puzzle to try and finish the game because chances are I'll have the same lever issue everyone is complaining about as well. Last fix was posted in September of 2011 and the game still isn't working in July of 2013. Why don't you just take it down so no one else is tricked into buying a game that doesn't work?

peach23
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by peach23 on Jul 28, 13 7:41 PM
I'm playing the Instant version of this game, and I've noticed a couple of odd things.

1st, in the Handkerchief chapter, the hint kept telling me to use the cats on the painter's case when I only had one cat in my inventory. Oddly enough, the game let me use the ONE cat on BOTH locks! Without deleting the item from my inventory. The case opened, and I went on. Then later I found the second cat needed for the case. I ended the chapter with both cats still in my possession. Fortunately, I did not have any problems with the hoist mechanism, as I see that several people have had.

2nd, in the Rifle chapter, I found both clock hands. However, my inventory now tells me that I have 8/2 clock hands, and I can't seem to get them onto the clock.

peach23
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by peach23 on Jul 31, 13 2:33 PM
Ok, apparently there is a glitch in the game. At least in the Instant Game version. If you have ANY problems up to that point, the clock hands will NOT go on the clock!

I replayed the game from the beginning. Made sure that the previous problem I had with the cat keys in the Handkerchief chapter didn't happen. However, when I got to the Rifle chapter, STILL had a problem with the clock hands - because I put the sack on the grain sorter in the stable BEFORE I put the spring weight on it. That caused a glitch, where the spring weight remained in my inventory, even though I was able to skip the mini-game. When I picked up the second clock hand, I had 4/2 clock hands, and they won't go on the clock.

Apparently, like with the mechanism problem in the Handkerchief chapter that people have reported, the game WILL let you do things out of the "correct" order - but then you can't proceed any further in the game at some point.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Aug 5, 13 12:28 PM
This is the first game I've purchased that is so glitchy and that the glitches have never been fixed. I bought all the other Grim Tales during the bundle sale, and I sure hope I don't have the same problem with the other games. I'm going to try playing the game following the walkthrough exactly to see if I can play it all the way through without having to set up a new profile and starting at the beginning. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing a HOPA, but gotta give it one last try.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Aug 5, 13 11:08 PM
Well, now my game won't even open, so time to give up.

[Post New]by Beandippy on Aug 8, 13 7:51 PM
And yet again, lever / mechanism issue here. Is there a fix yet??

[Post New]by Mountainroost on Aug 20, 13 2:31 AM
Another person with the oil/lever/handkerchief problem. All components are installed but pulling on the lever does nothing. The game is essentially finished as I cannot progress any further.

It would appear from the number of people having this problem, that this game needs to be removed from the list of games - it clearly is not working properly.

Very disappointed that this game still has this problem after all this time.

Go to: